Tau City Defense Base for Planet Strike

Talk about anything related to creating and painting cool terrain for Warhammer and other tabletop games.
Shas Zam
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #8Group Build Badge #9Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Tau City Defense Base for Planet Strike

Postby Shas Zam » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:02 pm

This is a project I started way back earlier this year with the lower half of the Bastion w/Bunker Annex. Some of you may recognize the Bastion w/Bunker Annex from the Crisis Potty photos. Anyway, a couple of months ago, I got back into the project and developed a few more elements...The Defense Pods are essentially hills with the halves of a CIS Tank Droid to cap them off and provide weapons mounts and a fox hole kind of thing...

To be added: Rail Guns for the Defense Pods, a defense line, a few more Bunkers/Buildings and a ruined Hanger. I've got some of it painted in this awful creme color for now, but I'll be shooting more for an Ord Mantel/Tattooine feel when it's all done. The lore is that this is an outer rim colony/outpost under constant attack by Orks, IG and what have you...maybe a Farsight Enclave or some such.

"True power can not be taken, it must be received. True power can not be lost, it must be relinquished."

http://thecindersofwar.blogspot.com/

commisar gaunt
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9

Re: Tau City Defense Base for Planet Strike

Postby commisar gaunt » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:11 pm

what did you make the bastion and comm towr out of
Guardsmen Archambault of the 902nd Varden Rifles

Khornate
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Postby Khornate » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:24 pm

Lol Crisis Potty
Many of my best friends are Wargamers, and only a few of them are transvestites. Yours faithfully, MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall Khornate, Mrs. P.S. I have never kissed the moderators of the Miniwargaming forum.

Asrodrig
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Postby Asrodrig » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:20 pm

Those are nice! Is a tutorial on the way? :D

LeGrandStefan
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesGroup Build Badge #2Group Build Badge #3Group Build Badge #4Group Build Badge #5Group Build Badge #6Group Build Badge #7Group Build Badge #8Group Build Badge #9

Postby LeGrandStefan » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:33 am

Looks good! Could you make some more pictures pls!

Shas Zam
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #8Group Build Badge #9Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Postby Shas Zam » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:27 pm

commisar gaunt wrote:what did you make the bastion and comm towr out of

3" diameter card rolls (the kind that butcher paper comes on), 5mm foam board and 1.5" thick sheet foam. The Comms Tower got details courtesy of the same Droid Tank that lent its bits to the Defense Pods.

Asrodrig wrote:Those are nice! Is a tutorial on the way? :D

I plan to do a "step by step" with the additional Hanger/Bastion but rather than post pics as I go, I'll post the whole article once the project is done.

Khornate wrote:Lol Crisis Potty

Yeah, that's a running joke in my games...when I used to play Knight Hawks and Mekton, any time there was some minor damage results...the system damaged was the latrine. The Crisis Potty, a Group Build entry, was a natural to include in this set of terrain.

LeGrandStefan wrote:Looks good! Could you make some more pictures pls!

Thanks, and will do...the forthcoming week will be filled with...(cue ominous music)...work...but I should have quite a bit to share throughout.
"True power can not be taken, it must be received. True power can not be lost, it must be relinquished."

bruciferrulez
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Postby bruciferrulez » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:53 pm

thats some good looking stuff well thought out well put together cant wait to see the ned result.
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
SKULLS FOR THE THRONE OF KHORNE!!

eldarguy
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Postby eldarguy » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:04 pm

i looks really good looks really tauish
Biel Tan Eldar: 1800 Points

Avid Doctor Who Fan

LeGrandStefan
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesGroup Build Badge #2Group Build Badge #3Group Build Badge #4Group Build Badge #5Group Build Badge #6Group Build Badge #7Group Build Badge #8Group Build Badge #9

Postby LeGrandStefan » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:10 am

How is your project going?

gman1401
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Postby gman1401 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:20 am

totes i like it

sirbunny25
Now we're getting somewhere...

Postby sirbunny25 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:11 pm

Thread necromancy much...i actually got excited... :cry:
The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him.
- Sun Tzu
In making tactical dispositions, the highest pitch you can attain is to conceal them.
- Sun Tzu

Shas Zam
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Postby Shas Zam » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:50 pm

sirbunny25 wrote:Thread necromancy much...i actually got excited... :cry:

If there were a way to delete "orphaned topics" I would like to know. This project has been put on hold in favor of making some real money to fund it. Thanks for visiting.

Return to “Wargaming Terrain”