Hydraulic Razorbeam

A rigged launcher that fires scrap? A new plasma rifle? We want your weapon ideas!
Andypenguin
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: Hydraulic Razorbeam

Post by Andypenguin » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:10 pm

Think of a futuristic portable pressure washer,
True, it's power greatly diminishes with distance but close enough even in todays time it can really maim or kill you,
So in a game even if it doesn't kill you, it would probably knock you to the ground at least
Penguin army: %&@# off bear cavalry

And ipod touch posting ftw

Far right winged beast of awsomeness

Ariyaris
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ariyaris » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:36 am

That is true, that idea is quite possible.

I see various versions of it, but my favourite is close combar weapon (1 or 2 inch range reach )
You can choose will you cut down the enemy with water stream or blast him with water spray (like shot-gun charge-template) to blind him, stun him, possibly knock down prone where he is easy kill.

Than can pass.
Plus, incorporate that weapon with tactical shields (provides protection from most ranged weapons and mele attacks aswell) and you have wonderful unit that can doo nasty things in hand to hand combat.
You primitives think you own the stars but you have no conception of what you are saying. You can barely command your own lumpen bodies, so how do you believe that you can subjugate entire worlds?

punkminsam
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by punkminsam » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:11 am

I like that, I've sliced myself open with a power washer before, it actually really cut me, I can see that working as a weapon, especially a more powerful one.

And when it come to water at a longer range, think of it this way. When you fall onto water from a great height or speed, it can be like hitting a brick wall. What about a machine that used waves (Like radio waves, although I know that isnt the right kind. I'm not anywhere near an expert in this, so I don't know what kind of waves or energy could be used.) to mess with the strength of the attraction in the bonds that made up the water? It could strengthen the bonds to make the water more dense, and maybe even change it's shape with more manipulation.

Ariyaris
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ariyaris » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:06 pm

You could do this, fire 15 liters of water from "water-cannon" at high speed at the enemy... now... make that cannon fire every half second xD
It won't kill the entire enemy squad (maybe one or two guys)... but xD
let's just say they'll all be knocked prone :D and stuned!!!
Plus some broken bones...
Some will remain unconscious...

You have a wonderful weapon to disable the entire squad :D
(and to make few kills before your squad finishes them )

You can't make water more denser than it is, neither can you affect it's shape when it leaves the "firing tube"
But, as you said, at high speeds it can be devastating :)

That water cannon i described... it wouldn't have big range... but to get down hand to hand combat units it's GREAT! :)
You primitives think you own the stars but you have no conception of what you are saying. You can barely command your own lumpen bodies, so how do you believe that you can subjugate entire worlds?

MrRoboto75
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by MrRoboto75 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:10 pm

How about if you take the compressed water and put it in something similar to a shotgun shell and load into a specially made gun?

Andypenguin
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Andypenguin » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:52 pm

I don't think you can compress a liquid like you can a gas

If you using a shell, u might as well just use a balistic weapons

A jetstream of water would be different

Andypenguin
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Andypenguin » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:52 pm

I don't think you can compress a liquid like you can a gas

If you using a shell, u might as well just use a balistic weapons

A jetstream of water would be different

Ariyaris
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ariyaris » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:58 pm

You can't compress water so as to reduce it's volume :)

But you can increase the pressure on it and by that same pressure you can fire it out of the "gun-cannon" .
But as i said before... due to nature of fluids, such weapons would have no big range (dozen meters maybe would be their maximum lethal range... and in warfare that's close really close ) or they'd had to be cannon sized to have big range (like big water pumps, 50+ meters) and then they'd just break bones, knock back, knock prone, stun etc.
I wouldn't be so lethal but it would do the trick to incapacitate the entire enemy squad for next few rounds.
Enough for your forces to do what they want.
Take and hold, kill, steal, anihilate etc.