It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:38 am 
MiniWarGaming Regular

hovercraft would be great, but one shot to the air balloon thingy would take them out, would be good if that part was armor plated and only a sniper on a roll of 11 or something would be able to hit in between the plates =)

CPP wrote:
Go full scale. :wink:

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:25 am 
MiniWarGaming Regular

...Hovercrafts don't use ballons. They use turbofans to push themselves off the ground.

The ballon like thing you seem to be refering to fills up with air and lifts the craft even further off the ground. A single hit from most weapons would do literally nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:28 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Yes, but in the future, when turbofans are unavailable, we will tie balloons to our "viechels" and they will fly! :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:56 am 
MiniWarGaming Regular

i knew they didn't use balloons but the 'skirting' keeps the air in, so one shot to it and the hovercraft would be slowed down, that would make for a great figurine (one with skirt working another with it deflated)

CPP wrote:

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:15 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

...how big of a hole are we talking about? A small bullet hole would do exactly nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:30 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

oh yea, silly me, im thinking of space marine bolters that use explosive ammo xD

CPP wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:33 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries
Yea, a big hole would hurt... just like with anything else. The main thing is that they would be vulnerable to most attacks because they have to do away with armor. Speed and firepower are their best defenses.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:54 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

i would be so epic if you could you the 'handbrake move' once per game with a small/medium attack viechels, you would do i kind of power slide and sometimes shoot at the same time but you would have to roll 2D12 maybe 1D12 and if you roll too low you would lose control and spin off using scatter dice.

just a thought

also i wanna see a quad bike miniature too, but it has to look good or there is no point

CPP wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:23 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries
Impact hits anyone? With the power slide you could reroll to hit or an extra d6.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:52 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

On the Calvary debate, It is possible to put armor on a horse. Look up Horse Barding. They've done it in medieval times and could do it now.