It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Necromorphs.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:17 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

A Mad Scientist has used the event to his advantage. With his horrid lab and the abundance of dead bodies from the event he has created a army of undead zombie cyborgs called Necromorphs.

The units would litterly be Dead Bodies with weapons and life support units welded into there flesh.

There would still be normal humans who have joined the doctor for protection, or that he could bless them with pieces of "the old world".

Some Humans make the gamble to let the doctor change them. Some become super human cyborgs. Others become hulking mindless beasts.

The Doctor him self would be VERY old. Bound to his wheel chair and only kept alive by the life support system of his design. Some call him a mad man. Others call him a savior of the human race in these dark times.

The play style would be comparable to CSM. Alot of TOUGH CC units, with some unpredictable elements that make them a win big lose big army. The basic "Necromorphs" would be comparable to CSM plague Marines in toughness.

Post subject: Re: Necromorphs.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:55 pm 
First post! Good job, now post more...

sounds awesome

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:30 am 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

well thats just unfair because plague marines can't die.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:44 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

all shield need to do is make some plasma guns :P

Orks--1500pts
Fantasy
Warriors of Chaos--2250pts
Skaven--1500pts
Primal Horizen
Hopefully Shield

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:38 am 
MiniWarGaming Regular

*Shudders* This reminds me of a really creapy drawing of a cyborg nazi I saw. All it's guts where exposed, and it sored it's ammo belts inside it's chest...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:35 am 
MiniWarGaming Regular

Fusebox45 wrote:
*Shudders* This reminds me of a really creepy drawing of a cyborg nazi I saw. All it's guts where exposed, and it sored it's ammo belts inside it's chest...

Yah. There is a artiest I'm a fan of. He drew that picher and has a HUGE gallery of more grissly zombie cyborg thingys were that came from.

He's partly my inspiration for this faction idea.
:wink:

Thow back ground wise it's sort of a hodgepodge of ideas I've collected and assembled like Dr.Fankienstien assembling body parts.
XD

Wattox8 wrote:
well thats just unfair because plague marines can't die.

Think Zombie Movies. Well they can take a pound of lead and ask for seconds. There not moving very fast. Slow and Stedily they get closer.

There weapons could also get bonuses once they get so close. This means as the Necromorphs approach the other side would be forced to pull back to stay out of there weapon's "optimal ranges".

So there strength would be there bassic troops don't need cover. There weakness is that there VERY slow.

The army would then be augmented with Banit like Infantry, to give them more mobility so playing them isn't just a game of cat and mouse.

For there unqie weapon I'm thinking a "fusion blaster". A weapon that becomes devastating at close range. But it would be a unstable weapon only able to be welded by the Necromorphs. Normal human infantry would not be able to handle it with out killing them selfs with the ration it emits.

Human Axillary units would be armed with Projectile weapons. Character's get lazer rifles. All the Standard stuff.

They MIGHT* get snipers. Thow this could hurt balance so they might have to be cut.

Another special weapon they could get would be a one time use "Plague bomb". It would be a very short range thrown weapon. The exact effect should be debated but it should more or less be a character killer weapon in the end that decimates units.

When it explodes the victim's bodies become ravaged with boils. Every Turn they start to lose X number of models. Once effected a Character can not leave the unit do to fear of spreading the plague.

Only one per army, and only able to be carried by a necromorph.

The effect would be devastating, but due to it's short range the the necromorph's slow movement, it means it will be rare you ever get close enough to use it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:23 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge
zombies

thats a good one

you got alot of good things going on here.

sounds very nice

espcielly all the background you put into it

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:13 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

worldmuncher wrote:
zombies

thats a good one

you got alot of good things going on here.

sounds very nice

espcielly all the background you put into it

Thanks. Making up factions with full back stories is something I like to do.
=)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:46 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Location: Location has such an irrelevant meaning, when love has no boundries. :D
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge
I like the idea, It would be cool if their "leader" unit was an old scientist that is really weak but provides buffs for his zombies, and all the zombies have to protect him etc.

Though I would suggest changing the name, anyone else here play Deadspace?

Dark Eldar under-construction
Chaos Daemons resurfacing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:23 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges
roll d12, 10+ is a head shot and your necromorph suffer instant death?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:11 am 
MiniWarGaming Regular

SAMSARA wrote:
I like the idea, It would be cool if their "leader" unit was an old scientist that is really weak but provides buffs for his zombies, and all the zombies have to protect him etc.

Though I would suggest changing the name, anyone else here play Deadspace?

Yah. Niffty name isn't it?
:mrgreen:

If you can think of a better name I'm all for it.

Also the Old Scientist whould have to be prety week. Do to the time line the only way he could still be alive is life support.

I'm thinking he would be in a powered wheel chair with a life support system of tubes and cables wired into him. He wouldn't be a leader you would take often, and there for we whould need other named character's and ect to help flush the army out.

I'm thinking this army should also be able to take murador style infantry. (Humans who has joined the Scientist for protection.)

But what about some cyborg Ninjas? People who are still alive, that the Old Scientist has augmented.

Also any name suggestions for the Scientist?
XD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:15 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

The "doctor" doesn't really have to be bound to the bed/chair and sustained by life supporting devices.
He might have changed himself in the way that he has abandoned his "fleshy" existance and became one with his devices, machines etc.
It would mean this: he can give command and control any piece of his technology on the Earth, if it's connected with the "network" where his mind is currently.

Now, ... the idea of "one scientist" creating and acheaving something alone is quite... irrational, cause one man cannot know so much, and even if does, cannot have time to create more than one or two prototype implants for his cybernetic creatures.

Let's put it this way, the group of scientist led by "the doctor", experimented with cybernetic technology etc. etc. the story goes how it goes {it's not my idea so i am not giving myself right to develop it, i'm just giving advices }

Now... i noticed somebody mentioned fusion gun...
Fusion is possible... but to achieve fusion you need a lot of energy (something equivalent to the small nuclear bomb which creates pressure and heat in the split of a second causing isotopes of hydrogen to overcome their repulsion caused by electrical forces and to crash onto eachother creating helium plus horrible amount of heat and radiation, in other words: energy )
What would sound more logical is this, plasma.
Utilising technology to create gas into plasma causing it to produce high heat.
It can be formed in "beam or cone shape" by strong magnetic fields [in theory, we're missing materials today to do that :P but since it's future, let's say that they made some kind of supra-conductive materials that can withstand great heat and create stabile magnetic field under such conditions]
Such weapon would, indeed, have short range, let's say... 20 meters or so... but it would literaly melt trough anything.
Normal man would die from the radiation, magnetic field and the "plasma weapon" would be too heavy to carry.
[it cannot explode but magnetic fields can break down in critical moment so... the plasma would kill the weapon wielder by melting it down not spreading anywhere]

Laser weapons are possible (today you have laser cutters, why not having laser guns / cannons )
Big battery or small nuclear reactor core powering the devices for creating strong laser beams that tear trough armour and flesh alike.
(range depends on the strenght of the device creating the beam, so does the destructive power)

Electricity guns.
One can ionise the victim by ionisation laser beam then fire several lightnings into the victim or the area around the victim (it's not precise but... what gets hit will go down if organic. If machine of any kind it should undertake a some sort of save to see if it's electrical systems survived the lightning charge)

Microwave guns.
It is possible, utilising the same technology for producing laser just with this you produce microwaves.... from human or anything organic you create "popcorn" or "boiled pile of flesh" , also! anything metalic when hit by such beam would get awfuly ionised fireing electrical discharges in all directions.
[if you don't believe me, put a metal spoon into microwave :D ]

{it's late and i'm tired, i can't remember anything interesting but rail guns, but... that should everybody have in near future, at least on tanks and gunships :) [USA is developing this technology for years, dunno how are they with their progress at the moment ]}

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:36 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

Thanks for the suggestion. Alot of great weapon ideas for a army of Mad science!
>=D

I said one scientist less for practical reasons and more for the story. It makes him sound more all imposing and malevolent. Like in the faction there is no one man who could hope to over throw him.

Like. If it's multiple scientists and the main scientist dies. Well then. At least there's still plenty left to take his place.

By him being the central figer in keeping the faction together, it mean if he dies the whole faction would fall apart.

It's his leadership and Genies that keeps the faction together. With out him the faction would fall apart as key members start to drift apart and go there separate ways.

Also the problem with him just getting a new body is. I seem him being more like a Evil Steven Hawkins. Your idea makes him sound like a evil macnaized combination of Indian Jones, Ben Franklin who leads from the front.

This is not what I had in mind for him what so ever.

The idea of other scientists joining him is a idea I could see incorporated thow. Rember how I said people joined him for safety, and some let them selfs be augmented for favor?

What about Scientists from the old world who came to him for protection in the early days of the event?

At this point in time they would litterly be brains in jars, who act as nods that operate the Necromorphs like puppets on strings.

In the game that means if you kill one of these brain in the jar characters, your Necromorph units suffer from a rule in the same vein as Tyranid Incentive behavior or the Vampire Counts Crumble Rule.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:46 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Quote:
What about Scientists from the old world who came to him for protection in the early days of the event?

At this point in time they would litterly be brains in jars, who act as nods that operate the Necromorphs like puppets on strings.

In the game that means if you kill one of these brain in the jar characters, your Necromorph units suffer from a rule in the same vein as Tyranid Incentive behavior or the Vampire Counts Crumble Rule.

Well, that is what i had in mind too :D
I don't know the rules of warhammer much, or any other game so i can only give "realistic" picture of everything.

Well, "all those scientists" that joined him or were with him should be by now his loyal servants. (by their or their leaders wish... {by that i mean, various implants in brain that cause them to act toward their leader as "the ring in Lord of the rings, wanting to get back to it's master only to serve him no matter what" })

I meant on this, "in the old times there were some scientist experimenting and doing researches etc. etc. , they were led by the man known as {you decide the name} , but the man/doctor , soon tricked them all, forcing them to become his loyal servants with his collaborators who shared his ideas. But the doctor sticked to the rule "one who has no people cannot be betrayed", soon after the event that destroyed human civilisation he captured his "friends scientists" and implanted in them too, the implants that force them to serve him. By doing to he became the ultimate ruler of "his work and achievements" , the cybernetic machines utilising the complex human brain of the organic body to operate bio-mechanic body which has superhuman strenght, advanced sensors to detect anything... and newer models even have super human speed [humans can move their muscle at maximum velocity of 45 km/h , the improved cyborgs let's say can push it even to 100 km/h ... and that is FAST!! ] , his facilities for research and everything are now led by him and the minds of his "ex fellows" are now serving him utterly. "

This is what crossed my mind :D
I don't how much will you like, or aprove :D , but at least i hope i provided nice fertile ground to grow new ideas for Necromorphs :)

{which are currently available, aproved fractions in the Primal horizon?}

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:45 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

For the Head Scientist how about Jarrard Kahn. Or as his enemies call him Jarrard the Cruel.

Like I said Jarrard him self would not have a combat body. Instead just a withered human body with life support implants grafted onto him of his own design and careful instruction.

Jarrard would be a back ground character and not a playable character for the most part.

Named charaters you can play on the table I'm opened to.

I think a good mix would be some "old blood" characters, and "New Blood Characters".

For for aproved Factions....

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=12257

just the three there as far as I know.
=/