Blast Scattering

If you have questions about the rules in Primal Horizon, please post them here.
dittadean
First post! Good job, now post more...

Blast Scattering

Post by dittadean » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:01 pm

I have a slight problem with the rules of scattering. I know the table is refering to the weapon's range but it just seems odd to me that if a missle launcher shoots at something only 6'' away that it has to scatter the full d12 distance. I think the table should be refering to the range of the target and not necessarily based on how far the weapon can shoot. I don't know if this is for better gameplay purposes or if it was done by accident. Thanks.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Blast Scattering

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:06 pm

Actually, I could agree with this.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:51 pm

The rules for scattering will be changing soon for rocket launchers, and only grenades and grenade launchers will suffer these effects.

You should see it in the next update.

Matthew

AlexDemille
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by AlexDemille » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:00 am

I think that the G-launcher scatters to much. I mean, unless I roll really low and aim it right it can fly almost anywhere. I played a game and fired it, it flew along the line of guys out but still flew way over them. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem - maybe it's just me. But a close range shot seems that it come fly right back at you.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:12 am

The morale of that story is... don't fire a Grenade Launcher at a close-ranged target ;) The point of the game is to survive, after all.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Fusebox45
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Fusebox45 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:27 am

Ummm... it richoched off your opponents amazing manlyness...

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by DracoAvian » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:34 pm

When you said for rocket launchers did you mean... the hit/miss cover thing?
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

Irebryn
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by Irebryn » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:48 pm

Well think about it, grenades bounce easy. Try shooting/throwing a grenade into a window. If you just barely miscalculate it can end up flying back at you. I think the rules with grenades are fine and i love how different ranges cause different scatters(really realistic!)

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by DracoAvian » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:17 pm

Just like throwing a baseball. Get some practice and you'll be good. I don't think the races with grenades would be trained so poorly that they could bounce it into their own laps.
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?