feedback

Want to play test Primal Horizon? Then check out this area.
riderx25
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #8

feedback

Post by riderx25 » Fri May 29, 2009 9:14 am

Hey miniwargaming I tried your game last night. While I was down playing 40k I brought it up and some of the guys thought it sounded cool so we gave it a shot. The rules were quick to learn so we got to play for a while. I have a couple question that might be easy to spot but their was discussion so im bringing them up.

On the squads like if it says 3 soldiers with a machinegun. Does that mean that their is 3 guys and a machine gun or just 3 guys with one of them having it. We played the 1st way.

Ok if a leader suffers a major wound in CC and is knocked down what happens?

I think thats all the questiont that we ran by.

I really liked the diffrent types of moves that was incorporated into the game and thought it was neat.
I also liked the to hit part. It really shows you to stay in cover or you will die. since wounding is in the same. Normally the marine army would have to roll 10's to hurt my guys which makes the game fun.
Over all I think the beta was good and hope you get all the problems that you have worked out and cant wait to see it advance. Keep up the work guys.
Current armies:
Necrons: 4000 points
Orkz: 1000 points
Imperial Guard: 2500 points

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Re: feedback

Post by miniwargaming » Fri May 29, 2009 10:58 am

Thanks for the feedback!

If a character is knocked down in close combat they can choose to stand up during their turn and take hits from everybody in base contact, or they can fight from the ground with a +2 penalty.

Matthew

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Fri May 29, 2009 10:58 am

Oh, and it's 3 guys with rifles with a character with a machine gun (so you were right).

Matthew

Silvester10528
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Silvester10528 » Sat May 30, 2009 1:38 am

I read through the 0.2.1 rules yesterday and this morning and I had similar quantity questions, but when I balanced them out against the "field" column on the factions sheet, it made more sense becuase you are "fielding" 9 soldiers and 3 soldiers with machine guns.

I can see a fist fight or sword play being more difficult from "the ground" (5 or so years of SCA fighting coinfirms that you'r range is almost nil when you are on your knees...) and just forget about using a spear or halberd!

Will there be weapons that will negate the +2 modifier when fighting from the ground??
Nothing is really coming to mind right now that would be more dangerous from the ground... But there are tons of fighting systems that prefer to get the opponent off their feet as quick as possible and then do a choke hold or joint lock/break.

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Post by miniwargaming » Sat May 30, 2009 8:21 am

I'm not planning on it. I'm going more for a desperate kind of feel, which is why I'm trying to avoid creating too many units who are actually overconfident on the field.

60 or 70 years has passed since the Event, so most people are just barely getting out of survival mode and won't have advanced weapon or close combat training.

Matthew