It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who was your favorite?
Soladrin 16%  16%  [ 3 ]
chaplain001 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Zeruel13 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
DrBored 16%  16%  [ 3 ]
tausmith 21%  21%  [ 4 ]
Darkgod 32%  32%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 19
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:52 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #2Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Okay folks here are the entries so far. As before, we will be leaving the post where you can download your WIP and finished minis open for any latecomers, but remember, CMcF has the right to deny anyone after today. So here we go! As usual, there will be an opinion poll for you to pick your fav, but the overall decision rests with CMcF for the winner. :twisted:

Soladrin:

chaplain001:

Zeruel13:

DrBored:

tausmith:

Darkgod:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:29 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Well I'd love to see some of these painted so if people can get them up before noon tomorrow I'll accept them until then. :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:33 pm 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
CMcF wrote:
Well I'd love to see some of these painted so if people can get them up before noon tomorrow I'll accept them until then. :)

I'm pretty positive if Zeruel finished his, it'd be a beautifully clean sweep. Got some really great entries. I was expecting more vehicles, but all of the above are great.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:43 pm 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
well i cant vote for my own or can i Mmmm :P

if i was going to vote for one (apart from mine) it would be that dark elf on a dragon but it isnt finished or painted, i might vote for drbored but theres something not quite right about green with a slannesh banner i thought the colours for this god was purples and pinks, greens are more nurgle but the conversion and the painting is clean looking so i still might

good luck everyone and keep voting

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:44 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #7Group Build Badge #8Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges
For me (and no I did not get an entry in this month :cry: ), the entries should be as complete as the entrant's abilities allow him/ her to do so. In my opinion, a wonderful conversion or model is lost without the texture and dimension that a paint job brings. That said, I had a hard time choosing between Soladrin and Darkgod. Both showed a great amount of concept and detail. In the end, I went with Darkgod for providing the most finished of the two and showcasing some serious conversion and originality.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:10 pm 

Darkgod wrote:

if i was going to vote for one (apart from mine) it would be that dark elf on a dragon but it isnt finished or painted, i might vote for drbored but theres something not quite right about green with a slannesh banner i thought the colours for this god was purples and pinks, greens are more nurgle but the conversion and the painting is clean looking so i still might

Those are some of Slaanesh's favorite colors, but not mine :P Remember this is supposed to be a centerpiece for an army, and my entire army is painted in that scheme of Black, Green, and Silver. In the end I chalk it up to there being tons of Chaos Warbands. Not every Warband devoted to a certain god is going to take on that god's colors.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:56 pm 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

DrBored wrote:
Darkgod wrote:

Those are some of Slaanesh's favorite colors, but not mine :P Remember this is supposed to be a centerpiece for an army, and my entire army is painted in that scheme of Black, Green, and Silver. In the end I chalk it up to there being tons of Chaos Warbands. Not every Warband devoted to a certain god is going to take on that god's colors.

i know that but what i would have done is paint the symbol in slannesh colours and kept the scheme you used for the rest, it would have made people look at different parts of your model by spot colouring certain areas

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:03 pm 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

if you take my mini for example i did the floor a contrast, spot coloured red on the staff, arm and shoulder to make your eye look at those points and then used black stripes to make people look at the legs, then finally green near the head to make you look at the whole model again etc.....

it meant i could use my existing scheme but make parts stand out simple kind of :shock: :? :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:26 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

I really like DarkGods, and DR. Boreds is great as well.

For the "Other persons" vote besides the ultimate decision by CMCF I voted for Tau smith, just because he has just started warhammer and has great looking models so far, deserves an honerable mention at least.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:54 pm 

Darkgod wrote:
if you take my mini for example i did the floor a contrast, spot coloured red on the staff, arm and shoulder to make your eye look at those points and then used black stripes to make people look at the legs, then finally green near the head to make you look at the whole model again etc.....

it meant i could use my existing scheme but make parts stand out simple kind of :shock: :? :shock:

Ooh yeah, you're bringing out some advanced art techniques, I can definitely respect that :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:56 pm 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Zeruel13 wrote:
Darkgod wrote:

Pink and Purple are not Slaanesh's colours. They are the Emperor's Children colours though they are Slaaneshi. Slaanesh does not immediately equal pink. Slaanesh is supposed to be bold and extravagant and usually pastels. BrBored's colours work perfectly, incredibly bright almost glowing green against black is perfect for Slaanesh. He, unlike so many others, just thought outside the box and did something different for a change.

whoah!!!!!!!!! hold on there matey all i said is green is usually associated with nurgle i wasnt having a go at the scheme itself i kind of like it, all i was saying is if the symbol was in fact a different colour aka... purple/pink slaaneshi colours it would have stood out more. nothing more nothing less meant by my comment lets not all get into a heated debate over it :shock: :? :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:30 pm 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

ok i think we both got the wrong end of the stick there so were even now :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:32 pm 

I don't know about you guys, but the above just gave me a pleasant reminder that there are bastions of civility on the internet where flame wars don't exist, and people can be polite and apologize ^^

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:34 pm 

Yeah, I'd blame the Canadians.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:24 pm 

Today's the day :shock:

IMMA CROSSIN' MAH FINGERS!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next