APR '09 MoTM Entries......WINNER ANNOUNCED!

An ongoing themed competition, hosted by Greywolf and Woulfgar

Who was your favorite?

Soladrin
3
16%
chaplain001
1
5%
Zeruel13
2
11%
DrBored
3
16%
tausmith
4
21%
Darkgod
6
32%
 
Total votes: 19

User avatar
Greywolf
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Posts: 5335
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:37 pm
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #2Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Location: Sanford, NC
Contact:

APR '09 MoTM Entries......WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Postby Greywolf » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:52 am

Okay folks here are the entries so far. As before, we will be leaving the post where you can download your WIP and finished minis open for any latecomers, but remember, CMcF has the right to deny anyone after today. So here we go! As usual, there will be an opinion poll for you to pick your fav, but the overall decision rests with CMcF for the winner. :twisted:

Soladrin:
Image
Image

chaplain001:
Image

Zeruel13:
Image

DrBored:
Image
Image

tausmith:
Image

Darkgod:
Image
Image
https://www.facebook.com/gearsandgutsgamingclub
Gears and Guts Gaming Club
Gaming in Sanford, NC

User avatar
CMcF
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Posts: 504
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:24 am
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Location: Halifax NS

Re: APR '09 MoTM Entries......

Postby CMcF » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:29 am

Well I'd love to see some of these painted so if people can get them up before noon tomorrow I'll accept them until then. :)
I love the smell of paint in the morning, smells like...victory.

User avatar
DrBored
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Posts: 3246
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:16 pm
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: APR '09 MoTM Entries......

Postby DrBored » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:33 pm

CMcF wrote:Well I'd love to see some of these painted so if people can get them up before noon tomorrow I'll accept them until then. :)


I'm pretty positive if Zeruel finished his, it'd be a beautifully clean sweep. Got some really great entries. I was expecting more vehicles, but all of the above are great.

Darkgod
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:08 pm
Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: APR '09 MoTM Entries......

Postby Darkgod » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:43 pm

well i cant vote for my own or can i Mmmm :P

if i was going to vote for one (apart from mine) it would be that dark elf on a dragon but it isnt finished or painted, i might vote for drbored but theres something not quite right about green with a slannesh banner i thought the colours for this god was purples and pinks, greens are more nurgle but the conversion and the painting is clean looking so i still might

good luck everyone and keep voting

User avatar
BigDuke6
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Posts: 637
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:40 pm
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #7Group Build Badge #8Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges
Location: Sacramento, CA (USA)

Re: APR '09 MoTM Entries......

Postby BigDuke6 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:44 pm

For me (and no I did not get an entry in this month :cry: ), the entries should be as complete as the entrant's abilities allow him/ her to do so. In my opinion, a wonderful conversion or model is lost without the texture and dimension that a paint job brings. That said, I had a hard time choosing between Soladrin and Darkgod. Both showed a great amount of concept and detail. In the end, I went with Darkgod for providing the most finished of the two and showcasing some serious conversion and originality.
"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.”
- General George S. Patton Jr.

User avatar
DrBored
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Posts: 3246
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:16 pm
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: APR '09 MoTM Entries......

Postby DrBored » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:10 pm

Darkgod wrote:well i cant vote for my own or can i Mmmm :P

if i was going to vote for one (apart from mine) it would be that dark elf on a dragon but it isnt finished or painted, i might vote for drbored but theres something not quite right about green with a slannesh banner i thought the colours for this god was purples and pinks, greens are more nurgle but the conversion and the painting is clean looking so i still might

good luck everyone and keep voting


Those are some of Slaanesh's favorite colors, but not mine :P Remember this is supposed to be a centerpiece for an army, and my entire army is painted in that scheme of Black, Green, and Silver. In the end I chalk it up to there being tons of Chaos Warbands. Not every Warband devoted to a certain god is going to take on that god's colors.

Darkgod
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:08 pm
Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: APR '09 MoTM Entries......

Postby Darkgod » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:56 pm

DrBored wrote:
Darkgod wrote:well i cant vote for my own or can i Mmmm :P

if i was going to vote for one (apart from mine) it would be that dark elf on a dragon but it isnt finished or painted, i might vote for drbored but theres something not quite right about green with a slannesh banner i thought the colours for this god was purples and pinks, greens are more nurgle but the conversion and the painting is clean looking so i still might

good luck everyone and keep voting


Those are some of Slaanesh's favorite colors, but not mine :P Remember this is supposed to be a centerpiece for an army, and my entire army is painted in that scheme of Black, Green, and Silver. In the end I chalk it up to there being tons of Chaos Warbands. Not every Warband devoted to a certain god is going to take on that god's colors.



i know that but what i would have done is paint the symbol in slannesh colours and kept the scheme you used for the rest, it would have made people look at different parts of your model by spot colouring certain areas

Darkgod
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:08 pm
Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: APR '09 MoTM Entries......

Postby Darkgod » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:03 pm

if you take my mini for example i did the floor a contrast, spot coloured red on the staff, arm and shoulder to make your eye look at those points and then used black stripes to make people look at the legs, then finally green near the head to make you look at the whole model again etc.....

it meant i could use my existing scheme but make parts stand out simple kind of :shock: :? :shock:

User avatar
DigitalNinja
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Posts: 857
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:09 pm

Re: APR '09 MoTM Entries......

Postby DigitalNinja » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:26 pm

I really like DarkGods, and DR. Boreds is great as well.

For the "Other persons" vote besides the ultimate decision by CMCF I voted for Tau smith, just because he has just started warhammer and has great looking models so far, deserves an honerable mention at least.
I want there to be images allowed in Siggys!

User avatar
DrBored
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Posts: 3246
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:16 pm
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: APR '09 MoTM Entries......

Postby DrBored » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:54 pm

Darkgod wrote:if you take my mini for example i did the floor a contrast, spot coloured red on the staff, arm and shoulder to make your eye look at those points and then used black stripes to make people look at the legs, then finally green near the head to make you look at the whole model again etc.....

it meant i could use my existing scheme but make parts stand out simple kind of :shock: :? :shock:


Ooh yeah, you're bringing out some advanced art techniques, I can definitely respect that :D

Darkgod
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:08 pm
Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: APR '09 MoTM Entries......

Postby Darkgod » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:56 pm

Zeruel13 wrote:
Darkgod wrote:if you take my mini for example i did the floor a contrast, spot coloured red on the staff, arm and shoulder to make your eye look at those points and then used black stripes to make people look at the legs, then finally green near the head to make you look at the whole model again etc.....

it meant i could use my existing scheme but make parts stand out simple kind of :shock: :? :shock:


Pink and Purple are not Slaanesh's colours. They are the Emperor's Children colours though they are Slaaneshi. Slaanesh does not immediately equal pink. Slaanesh is supposed to be bold and extravagant and usually pastels. BrBored's colours work perfectly, incredibly bright almost glowing green against black is perfect for Slaanesh. He, unlike so many others, just thought outside the box and did something different for a change.


whoah!!!!!!!!! hold on there matey all i said is green is usually associated with nurgle i wasnt having a go at the scheme itself i kind of like it, all i was saying is if the symbol was in fact a different colour aka... purple/pink slaaneshi colours it would have stood out more. nothing more nothing less meant by my comment lets not all get into a heated debate over it :shock: :? :shock:

Darkgod
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:08 pm
Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: APR '09 MoTM Entries......

Postby Darkgod » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:30 pm

ok i think we both got the wrong end of the stick there so were even now :)

User avatar
DrBored
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Posts: 3246
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:16 pm
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: APR '09 MoTM Entries......

Postby DrBored » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:32 pm

I don't know about you guys, but the above just gave me a pleasant reminder that there are bastions of civility on the internet where flame wars don't exist, and people can be polite and apologize ^^

User avatar
DrBored
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Posts: 3246
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:16 pm
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: APR '09 MoTM Entries......

Postby DrBored » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:34 pm

Yeah, I'd blame the Canadians.

User avatar
DrBored
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Posts: 3246
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:16 pm
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: APR '09 MoTM Entries......

Postby DrBored » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:24 pm

Today's the day :shock:

IMMA CROSSIN' MAH FINGERS!


Return to “Mini of the Month”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 0 guests