ArqArturo's Warmachine/W40k/D&D Miniatures WIP

Post your painting WIPs here!
ArqArturo
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: ArqArturo's Warmachine/W40k/D&D Miniatures WIP

Post by ArqArturo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:39 pm

Apolliox looked at the battlefield in front of him: He saw the batteries of guns, blessed with hellfire; the other Iron Warriors preparing themselves for battle, reciting the Litanies of Iron; he saw the cultists, rousing themselves for War, shouting praises to the Gods, and scarring themselves with the Star of the Gods, for good luck in battle.

It sickened him. All of it; from their chanting, to the smell, everything about this existence made him sick, and most of all, angry. But it wasn't the mindless rage of the World Eaters, and other devoted to the blood god, this rage was deep, something twisted and monstrous that had been building for years, a resentment that had evolved into anger. Anger at his Legion, at his Primarch, at the Gods, and most of all, anger at the Imperium.

He had become so angry for so long, he no longer remembered why. All he knew, however, is that his anger recessed at the moment where his enemies submitted to Death at the end of the siege; that moment when the doors were blasted open, when the walls crash, when he saw the look on despair in his enemies' eyes.

In those moments, he always finds enlightenment.

Iron Within, Iron Without.

That being said, this is my first Chaos Space Marine. In this case, a Kitbashed Exalted Champion.
[+] Expand

I'll admit, I worked with what I had, which was mostly Space Marines bits, and also I added those legs because I wanted to give him the look as if the character is a few steps closer to Daemonhood.

And also, I began working towards making an ogre team for Blood Bowl (I may have a shelf problem at this rate xD), and after doing a lot of pondering, I got a few Manowar Shocktroopers from my Khador army (the sad part is, I don't think I'll be playing Warmachine any time soon, the small WarmaHordes community is either done for, moved out of town, or sold the minis to buy Magic: The Gathering cards, which has much more players and support), cut away the the weapons, and decided that the look of the Ogre Team will be a steampunk team of humans in bulky steam-powered suits that are so old, rusty, and belch lots of smoke and steam that they can't move/tackle/block/do anything well (thus the bone-head negaskill).
[+] Expand

I had a few Kahdoran medals on my bag of bits, and added one to identify the 'Star Player' ;)
And a close-up:
[+] Expand

For the Snotlings, I'll be getting the halfjacks, which are pretty affordable if you buy them as bits from the Privateer Press Store.
“In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased...” Miyamoto Musashi

ArqArturo

Post by ArqArturo » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:48 am

So, I'm back, after a while :)

And I've been busy :D

I finished two blood bowl teams: One that I've been assembling piecemeal (the chaos dwarfs), and the other that I reassembled from my Warmachine minis (sadly, the Warmahordes community is long gone, but it seems there is a small but active WH Fantasy community here that is going along with Age of Sigmar, and a living BB community).
[+] Expand

“In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased...” Miyamoto Musashi

ArqArturo

Post by ArqArturo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:00 pm

Merry Christmas! :D

I've been away for awhile, mostly because of work, and some personal things going on in the background. But, now that 2018 is here, I have a few things working on.

For example, I'm slowly staring to Build an Iron Warriors Army. I'll focus on strong units, and some machinery. For now (since they're not fully painted), the only thing I've got finished so far, is a Kroxigor for a Blood Bowl Lizardmen team (this team has a long way to go, btw).

ArqArturo

Post by ArqArturo » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:08 pm

Well, I've been somewhat busy this time arround :).

I started to conver some Khone Blood Barriors into Chaos Players for my Chaos Team in blood bown (two of them became by Beastmen, "Kohngors", youll see bellow).

Chaos Warriors.
[+] Expand

The two Khorngors (Beastmen)
[+] Expand
The idea of the Khorngor actually came to be when I was making a few covertions on some minis for the Shadow of the Demon Lord game I'm playing, and so the idea began to take root.

I'm still a long way to go, I'm still waiting for some minis, but it's all going well :).

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:52 pm

Glad to see more people into Blood Bowl! It is an awesome game! I do have to ask, what did you use to make the chaos dwarf Bull Centaur? It is still a missing piece of my own chaos dwarf puzzle!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

ArqArturo

Post by ArqArturo » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:15 pm

Arnathos wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:52 pm
Glad to see more people into Blood Bowl! It is an awesome game! I do have to ask, what did you use to make the chaos dwarf Bull Centaur? It is still a missing piece of my own chaos dwarf puzzle!
Black Scorpion miniatures has an excelent Minotaur.

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:26 am

I really like the red armour parts on your blood bowl minis! It has a very "leathery" feel to it!
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

ArqArturo

Post by ArqArturo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:48 am

LordMcAllister wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:26 am
I really like the red armour parts on your blood bowl minis! It has a very "leathery" feel to it!
Thanks, it took me a while, especially because of the details in the armor, but it was definitely worth it :)

ArqArturo

Post by ArqArturo » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:01 pm

So, I've been slowly started to look on GW games, especially on their smaller skirmish games because, well, I don't have enough shelf space xD, also because of expenses (I'm starting to look on a house or an apartment to move to, at the end of this year), but with some bits and reaper minis I have with me, I'll start a Mordheim (we call it Age of Mordheim, we'll be using AoS minis, except for Stormcasts, we haven't found a decent enough way to adapt them) Chaos Warband :).

My first Darksoul.
[+] Expand

And the Beastman
[+] Expand