Nappen's Weekly Paint 2017

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: Nappen's Weekly Paint 2017

Post by Nappen » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:33 am

Almost ready for basing...

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:53 pm

not a lot to report from last night. I started the basing and realized I did not finish all the red capes. Hopefully tonight I will get both of those completed. I did get four more OOP harlequins primed and have 10 more coming in the mail. Just those three I don't have yet that I am still looking for...

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:46 am

Finished the 25 Harleys last night. I got started on the four that came in the mail the other day...still 10 more floating out there somewhere....

Sorry about the flash. Light box is packed up for the move. Washed out the hair, faces and capes the most for some reason.

I figure for the next couple of weeks I will just paint the oop Harleys and leave everything else packed up.

ImageImageImageImage

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:32 am

worked on the four Harlequins last night, and primed the four that came in the mail yesterday. Six more floating out in the mail system somewhere...

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:21 pm

It's looking good!
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:32 am

Thanks, almost done on the four new harlies, and started the black on the four that came in the mail this week.

I figure I will just work on these last harlequins until I move next month.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:43 am

Watched almost an entire season of Dexter yesterday with the wife. We just decided to take a day off the move prep and just be lazy. So, finished the last 8 Harlequins. Still have a few coming in the mail, but this is likely all for now. I am waiting to open my box game until I get to my next location but then I will build and paint up the new ones in there. Still stuck using a flash for now so sorry about the washed out whites.

ImageImageImage

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:04 am

Just spent the last couple of hours getting almost all of my photos from photobucket to imgur. Now the slow process of rebuilding my posts...

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:38 am

So I have done all I can on the harlequins for now, and don't want to start any major projects at this point, so was digging around my model bins and remembered I had worked on a small number of daemons to use as random injects into games etc. I had some bloodletters, plague bearers, around 60 or so pink horrors, some screamers, flamers, seekers, nurglings and spawn. (get ready for major photo dump)

So I decided to work on the last chaos daemon models I had left...a couple of daemon lords, a lord of change, a converted herald and a few more screamers.

Picture from a year or so ago when I quite working on them. I did finish the seekers, but the others look like they do in that picture today :) Hopefully I can make some progress on them even though all I have left unpacked are a few brushes and a small assortment of paint. Image

A lot of models that will be funny to randomly fall into games ;)ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:41 am

finished up what I will call a herald of tzeench without a disc conversion. It was in a pile of models I got on craigslist long ago. Then started working on four screamers.

ImageImageImageImage

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:14 am

Finished the screamers last night and put together a herald on a screamer. It was broken up pretty badly, but all the parts were there. I didn't paint it, it was already painted and in a pile of something I picked up on ebay or craigslist at some point. The front screamer is an older metal model that I had to pin to the stand because it was heavy and whoever had it previously broke off the stand so there was no hole. Too heavy and off balance to just glue on. Anyway...

Oh, and the other 6 OOP harlequins came last night so I primed them :)

ImageImageImage

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:15 am

At the risk of being repetitive...I started the six harlequins that came in the mail this week...

I will get them done and then work on the two daemon princes and lord of change.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:33 am

Last night, got a little more done on the harlequins. Not enough bother with a picture though.

Dheiti
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Dheiti » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:42 am

Little and often is my preferred method!

Until I have to paint gaunts/gants and then I just want them done and out the way
Armies:
Tyranids
White Scars
Death Guard
Harlequins

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:03 am

Awesome stuffs Nappen!

Playboy loved the Necron Mascot hehe - he said it'd be cool to have a calvary themed army with necrons riding nids :p If he ever plays fanatasy again I might be inspired to stick some of his extra necrons in his VC army.
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)