Flamer conversion

For all your conversion projects.
Kalidas
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Flamer conversion

Post by Kalidas » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:26 pm

So flamers seem to be the thing to use this edition. I was wondering what are some good ideas for converting a weapon (specifically a plasma gun) to a flamer? And tips or advice is appreciated

Kalidas
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: Flamer conversion

Post by Kalidas » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:16 pm

General-Kroll wrote:I'd personally keep it as a plasma gun. It's an all round better weapon. It's also not really the best base with witch to make a flamer conversion. If you're after flamers, you may be as well to look for bits on eBay.
Even with the changes to flamers you think plasma is better?

Kalidas
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Kalidas » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:38 pm

Hhhmmm valid points. Maybe I was overstating flamers strengths because of the bloatdrone... which has different flamers that are really good. The base flamers are pretty meh against MEQ units. But plasma is always good.

Kalidas
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Kalidas » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:36 pm

Okay I will see about some playrests to see, but I think you may be right. Maybe flamers on bikes... that is probably a good place for flamers

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:38 am

Yeah, I don't see all the fuss about flamers. It's slightly better now when you fire at maximun range and better at overwatching, but you could kill a lot more guys with a template in average if you were close. Plasma, on another hand, has been improved a lot. It reliably hits hard and will make the life of MEQs miserable while with a flamer might you might roll low on the number of hits and doing nothing.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Kalidas
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Kalidas » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:03 am

Okay the two of you have convinced me lol, keep the plasma.

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:49 pm

Was it you who was thinking about making a blight launcher conversion? It will be availlable in the near future in a new kit: https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... announced/.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Kalidas
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Kalidas » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:43 pm

Kovlovsky wrote:Was it you who was thinking about making a blight launcher conversion? It will be availlable in the near future in a new kit: https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... announced/.
Yeah it was me and I saw that. Problem is you can't even pre-order them like this weekend. And I will need them in less than 2 weeks from now. So I will just use some old Havocs with autocannons until the actual launchers come in

mmsolo
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by mmsolo » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:28 pm

Flamers are good but still a niche weapon, plasma are one of the best weapon of 8th if you can have some reolling 1s to negate almost any overcharging death. ( But too expenssive without overcharging ) and anyways they are not made to kill the same targets, so it's not realy one OR the other. ( and yes definitly plasma are not the good weapon to convert into a flamer-like. Melta are a bit more close to old school flamers )