3rd edition

Talk about Privateer Press steam-powered fantasy game here.
Flindo
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

3rd edition

Post by Flindo » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:13 pm

does miniwargaming even care anymore? they havent said anything about the new edition.
Infinity:
Morat 1400 Points
Warmachine:
Skorne 209 Points
Gatormen 141 points
Malifaux:
Gremlins 203 Soul Stones
Relic Knights:
Noh Empire: 68 points

MWGJosh
Silver Vault Member

Re: 3rd edition

Post by MWGJosh » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:28 pm

I was back and forth on whether to reply as there is really not much to say. I can only speak for myself but I generally do not like to get overly stressed about things I have no control over. I am not sure what you are looking for Flindo but I will check in on this topic and will add my 2 cents to any discussion that happens here.

Josh

ArqArturo

Post by ArqArturo » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:49 pm

I kind of care. It feels weird that the rulebook I bought is going the way of the dodo, the only silver lining is that it's a digital copy, and hopefully the core rules will be free, just like they did in the end of Mk2.

I know that some things like wreck markers will also dissapear, and they'll add more Warjack Points and Allowance to warcasters and warlocks, giving the game more emphasis on the warjacks than on the troops.

In my honest opinion, I hope Man O'War units turn better :).
“In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased...” Miyamoto Musashi

HCMistborn
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by HCMistborn » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:07 am

The core rules mk3 are free, and up. It seems like buying rulebooks and having them go to mostly useless is the way of tabletops though. TTGs have so much room for growth, especially the relatively young powerhouse that is Warmahordes.

Vilacom
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by Vilacom » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:52 pm

Are there going to be any review videos of the new cards and casters? Talking about the new Steamroller packet? Any attempts at some more tournament centered play? Maybe Quirk doing some good play testing for a steamroller and we can follow his list development?

Flindo
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Flindo » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:53 am

Vilacom wrote:Are there going to be anything involving warmachine at all ever again?
fixed it for you.
Infinity:
Morat 1400 Points
Warmachine:
Skorne 209 Points
Gatormen 141 points
Malifaux:
Gremlins 203 Soul Stones
Relic Knights:
Noh Empire: 68 points

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:27 am

Is Warmachine still a viable game elsewhere?

No, honestly. I have a big pile of warmachine cryx and a painted khador small army but have barley seen a game played in two or three years. Wondering if I should sell it all off and move on, or if there is still a big community out there?

Vilacom
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by Vilacom » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:34 am

There is still absolutely a huge community out there, i guess its just a question where you live. Where I am on long island there is are 4 great stores that consistently run steamrollers and other events.

Number6
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Number6 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:36 pm

Interesting, as I am just now looking to start. I was looking at Malifaux for a smaller game, but can't find players. Warmachine/Hoards seems to be the game to play at my local store. 40k players are also becoming harder to come by.
40k Dark Angels, Harlequins/Dark Eldar
30K Emperors Children
WHF/AOS Vampire Counts

28mm Napoleonics
28mm AWI
Malifaux Ressers

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:11 am

Where I am currently, it is mostly historicals. Some 40K, not much else. Until a year ago I lived about 45 minutes from Nashville and there was a ton of 40K and a little WM. Before that was in DC and there was a lot of 40K, minimal WM but a pretty big malifaux community (in my part of town, anyway).

That was why I was asking, I have no visibility here. Will probably sell my cryx. Had hopes of a pirate army, but just no time :)