Soria's 2016. Let's see where it goes!

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Re: Soria's 2016. Let's see where it goes!

Post by Lady_Soria » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:58 am

Jarrin wrote:Fur is something I haven't done. When I was deciding between 40k and Fantasy I almost went with Skaven.

My buddy loves to paint wolves. His fur is a medium tone, wash, hilight with the base color, then 2 more hilights. They always turn out nice.
Hm. Something to look into next time.

Anyway I apologize for the lack of updates, bit of a slump and I thought I had hit a snag. I bought archer for my Frostgrave warband but between the excitement of finally finding an archer that worked with my warband (anthro wolves who are archers are short supply)and me assuming since they both came from the same company (Reaper) that they would be the same scale...but when I got the blister pack I thought the archer would be too small. It ended up collecting dust until I decided to see how the archer compared to my wolves and realized that they are not that far off, and it works since the archer is a fox I can say the size difference is due to speices.

Gah pardon the wall of text. I did get work done on my thief and barbarian today... Trying to decide what colour to make the barbarian's hair... Kinda tired of red haired barbarians.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:54 pm

So decided to leave my Frostgrave warband alone for awhile since I didn't feel motivated to paint them and decided to paint a Super Dungeon Explore hero figure I got for Christmas, the deeproot wolf rider, since most of my friends play SDE and it's a game I plan on getting my nieces into.

This is what I started with last night. For the first time ever I have gone with a light coloured prime since SDE is a very colourful game and most people tend to paint them in bright colours.

And this is what I finished with after having one of the longest continuous painting sessions I have had in a very long time. By the end my hands were getting shaky and it probably took longer than usual because light coloured primes are evil and show you ALL THE MISSED SPOTS!!!!

As for the plan... I am going to work the wolf to a bluish white/whitish blue colour. Both rider and wolf will have purple eyes and the super fine details will get worked out at the end.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:18 am

okay, the word "cute" keeps coming to mind :)

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:01 pm

Gotta love SDE and their great models!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:29 pm

Oooh very cool! I love it =D looks a little like Chibba(?)
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:33 pm

Yup... She is supposed to be an elf. Bit she reminds me of Princess Monanoke (?)

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:05 pm

Not a great pic. Mostly a test for pin interest. The wolf rider is almost done in time for a Facebook pledge.
http://pin.it/mUQtdQi

Haven't decided yet, haven't figured out how to share a pic directly.

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:29 am

Good start!

For a direct link, just click on the picture until it's the whole window. There will be a .jpg at the end of the URL. Then, just put some IMG tags around it and Bob's your uncle!

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:34 pm

Hm... I tend to use my phone or tablet these days and use my computer rarely.

Any road my deeproot wolf rider, my first anime/chibi style mini...be gentleImage

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:13 am

I'm getting a kind of elf quest feel from it! hehe looks good
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Dez

Post by Dez » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:33 am

Hilarious because I mentioned Elfquest in another thread. I don't care for Space Wolves, but something about an all TWC army really sings to me.

Awesome job LS!

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:07 am

TWC?

Dez

Post by Dez » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:37 am

ThunderWolf Cavalry.