So is warmachine just dead at miniwargaming now?

Talk about Privateer Press steam-powered fantasy game here.
Vilacom
Now we're getting somewhere...

So is warmachine just dead at miniwargaming now?

Post by Vilacom » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:23 am

Havn't seen a new battle report in forever and they were pretty rare as is, when are they coming out if im missing them?

sonofkitrinos
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Re: So is warmachine just dead at miniwargaming now?

Post by sonofkitrinos » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:13 pm

yup basically...so is every other game. All we will get is 40k, 30k, and maybe, if we are lucky, AoS and Old World every now and then. Content quality has gone up, but game systems have gone down. Part of the problem is they are located in a small town with a small community base. This impacts the amount of various games that can be played...but then you also throw in the mix their need to produce "what our audience wants" and we get stuck with a lot of one game system. There is a pretty strong Warmahordes community in their area - from my experience perhaps stronger than GW but I was only ever a follower of Warmahordes so I don't know for sure.
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrHghowell?feature=mhee
Commissions : http://www.hghowel8.wix.com/amethysthobbies
Interested in commission work? Fire me a pm!

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:00 pm

Well, the problem is having someone doing the batreps. Leland was doing Infinity, but he left for another job (and I wish him the best in in his new one). I'm sure Matt will get a replacement and get your games going. For Warmachine, I thought that Josh was doing them. Maybe he took some vacations for the holidays?
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

sonofkitrinos
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by sonofkitrinos » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:37 pm

I agree with that to a point. Matt, Dave and Quirk all have,m armies - or at least use a studio army. I'm not sure about Steve. So it isn't like they don't have the ability to make quick one-offs in terms of having the models and know how. They are, imo, too caught up with churning out 40k content to be bothered with the other stuff. I mean they know their financial and viewership best, but from my perspective there is a lot of games and ideas they are missing out on. Right now I would say MWG is still in a transitory phase to really figure out what they are wanting to accomplish. Are they batrep producers? Are they a North American version of Beasts of War? I would love them to go a beasts of war route and cover a multitude of games and hobby content.

Flindo
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Flindo » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:15 pm

this is the exact reason why I am sick of Miniwargaming, 40K is a bad game and its 90% of the content, they refuse to play malifaux despite its popularity and seem to ignore community opinion these days.
Infinity:
Morat 1400 Points
Warmachine:
Skorne 209 Points
Gatormen 141 points
Malifaux:
Gremlins 203 Soul Stones
Relic Knights:
Noh Empire: 68 points

sonofkitrinos

Post by sonofkitrinos » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:09 pm

^ What Flindo said. There are many games that are gaining in popularity and would probably even succeed if there were more coverage. I mean, if they can't afford to do a batter perhaps simply doing a painting series around those lines. For all their GW hating they sure do focus on GW content.

mindmazing

Post by mindmazing » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:51 pm

I dont know why they have quit warmahordes leagues, they had so many players. I have quit with 40k cause my army sux and i only play warmahordes and infinity cause of balance... its tuesday and it doesnt look like there will be a focused fury. Its kinda sad that they just play 35 points and do 20 to 40 minutes battlereports.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:55 pm

We used to have a pretty good Warmahordes crowd around here...seems to have dried up. I know in my group, we haven't played 40K in almost a full year either. Lots of skirmish, especially Malifaux and XWing.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

OverlordRick
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by OverlordRick » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:29 am

In the most recent Sit and Talk (the one with Quirk) he gets asked a couple questions about Warmachine. He said that the recent lack of videos was him being confused with how many batreps they had in reserve over break, but that the issue will be rectified. He also reveals that he is working on doing a Warmachine narrative campaign, but didn't say anything about when. Also he got questions regarding a Warmachine Tactics series and although he had his reservations, he also kinda talked about maybe doing it, it being something worth looking into. So I would say Warmachine is far from dead, but just victim to a little administrative error :)

sonofkitrinos

Post by sonofkitrinos » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:51 pm

I would whole heartily disagree with that statement Overlordrick. The war machine output really started to stale after Ash left, and even joel (where'd he get to?). The other MWGers are too focused on producing GW content because, to them, that is what is their main money maker. I firmly believe if the MWG offices were not in small town Welland and relocated to either a) a city with a bigger gaming crowd to draw from or b) a location that is much more easier to travel too than we would see a turn around. But further to that point, there used to be reasons for people to come in to play. There used to be the Beat Matt Batreps where players would come in and try to beat Matt. If they did they would win store credit for the storefront. Now there is no incentive. I see people travelling from far off places and I think...why? What is the lure? I live 2 hours away and I see absolutely no reason to drive the 2hours to go play MWG.It's not worth the time or gas to go. I wouldn't say Warmachine is dead at MWG but rather any game that is not 40k/30k is dead at MWG.

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:54 pm

sonofkitrinos wrote:I would whole heartily disagree with that statement Overlordrick. The war machine output really started to stale after Ash left, and even joel (where'd he get to?). The other MWGers are too focused on producing GW content because, to them, that is what is their main money maker. I firmly believe if the MWG offices were not in small town Welland and relocated to either a) a city with a bigger gaming crowd to draw from or b) a location that is much more easier to travel too than we would see a turn around. But further to that point, there used to be reasons for people to come in to play. There used to be the Beat Matt Batreps where players would come in and try to beat Matt. If they did they would win store credit for the storefront. Now there is no incentive. I see people travelling from far off places and I think...why? What is the lure? I live 2 hours away and I see absolutely no reason to drive the 2hours to go play MWG.It's not worth the time or gas to go. I wouldn't say Warmachine is dead at MWG but rather any game that is not 40k/30k is dead at MWG.
Oh because X-Wings/Armada is dead too? Or is it a GW game? We see them quite often. Sorry man, but you are overreacting. Give them the time to hire someone to replace Leland and Infinity and Warmachine batreps will start to come more often.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

mindmazing

Post by mindmazing » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:15 pm

Another week and no content, its all about 30k/40k.

OverlordRick
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by OverlordRick » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:40 pm

I know how frustrating it can be, but like the the man said, give them some time. MWG has been picking up more things slowly, so I think we will see more games played.

sonofkitrinos

Post by sonofkitrinos » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:29 pm

A small smattering of different content dispersed against a back drop of 30k/40k is not showing diversity in content. We may get a star wars game here and there. We may get an old world wars or realm gates wars batrep. But overall the focus is 30k/40k as it is the money maker - as stated by MWG on numerous occasions. There's nothing wrong with that as they are a business. It is just sad when they have the means of really driving more than just 30k/40k games. I mean they did dread ball...their one studio backdrop has a done of games in the background...but it is just filler.They won't play those games. It's not a matter of them hiring someone to produce the content. It is a matter of them having the care to actually cover the games - as well as having people come in to play the games. It is not just MWG's fault. The biggest thing against them is their location and no real drive or motivation for players to want and come play them other than for the sake of them.