It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:36 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

The cardboard building, the banner and accessories are from the 6th edition Warhammer Boxed Set (painted by me), the trees and brush from model shop, the base is made from paperboard.
The "Three Feathers Inn" name is from the Warhammer RPG - Plundered Vaults scenario collection. I named it this way, because the "Rough Night at the Three Feathers"adventure can be played anywhere in the Empire as well this scenery will be included in many battles, taking places at different lands... Kind of a joke...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:43 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryGroup Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #3Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
This is sweet! The only thing that bothers me is that the walls are cardboard, and on the out side its rocks, dont think rocks are that thin.

Still, realy good!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:57 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Sure, you're right I guess :) Thanks! :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:02 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryGroup Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #3Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
You´re welcome. Thats why I think its a problem to do cardboard houses.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:37 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #2Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges
Um, I guess this is more a questions for miniwargaming, but shouldn't the diorama be based on the minis, and not just a terrain piece that minis were stuck on, because this just looks like a terrain piece.

And Nagash, don't get me wrong, it's a good terrain piece, but to me, it's just that, a terrain piece.

EDIT: And it also looks like the walls came pre-textured, so it seems like the only thing you did was assemble it and throw it to a base and add a tree.

Bought: [----[+]---------------] 448/1750
Assembled: [--[+]-----------------] 232/1750
Painted: [+]-------------------] 0/1750

Click for videos of Tyranids and Terrain! (Coming Soon)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:15 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

I suppose no one described the term diorama, or in wich rate could that be modular (that is still a diorama where the minis are removable but the terrain pieces are not? or none of them could be removable? or the half of them? or all?).

Besides only the paper walls was pretextured, I painted the floor, all the beams, window frames, the accessories before the inn and created a hill for it... etc.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:27 am 
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Yeah the walls are pre-painted.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:20 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #2Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges
You painted the floor? Really? It was painted so much like the style of how I've seen pretextured floors come painted, that I thought it was that! And yes, no one really described the term diorama. And I'm not trying to get your entries kicked out or anything, I'm asking it to see if I can make my diorama (which I'm still trying to come up with ideas for) a terrain piece and then just throw models on, because I would be happy with that!

And what I really meant when I said the diorama should be based on the minis, I was really saying that I think the dioramas should be graded on the look of the models, however, I also think they should be graded on how much the diorama adds to their coolness!

Bought: [----[+]---------------] 448/1750
Assembled: [--[+]-----------------] 232/1750
Painted: [+]-------------------] 0/1750

Click for videos of Tyranids and Terrain! (Coming Soon)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:30 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Jombo wrote:
You painted the floor? Really? It was painted so much like the style of how I've seen pretextured floors come painted, that I thought it was that! And yes, no one really described the term diorama. And I'm not trying to get your entries kicked out or anything, I'm asking it to see if I can make my diorama (which I'm still trying to come up with ideas for) a terrain piece and then just throw models on, because I would be happy with that!

And what I really meant when I said the diorama should be based on the minis, I was really saying that I think the dioramas should be graded on the look of the models, however, I also think they should be graded on how much the diorama adds to their coolness!

I think you should try your ideas, and put them here. You loose nothing with that.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:53 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Omg, that's the little building that came with the 6th edition fantasy box set....little lack of creativity there, but other than that good job....3.5/5
Don't get me wrong its good, like, the rest of it, but those flat untextured pieces of paper stuck together are just throwing me off

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:20 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

kl i like the name

Space Marine Captain Yriel Blake of the Grey Blades.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:42 am 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

very cool, for an inn though, its a pretty small building...I can't see them making much business