Nexus' #theweeklypaint 2015

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Nexus_Crawler
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Nexus' #theweeklypaint 2015

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:43 am

Progress getting done..

--Necrons, Dark Angels--
--Connoisseur of fine Cheese--

Nexus_Crawler
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:18 am

I just ordered 3 more Deimos pattern rhinos and the relic whirlwind.

I think I might have a spending problem..
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:21 am

I think you might! :D Do you have the tactical squads that will be carried by these Rhinos?
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:30 am

sort of. i have 2 in the mail right now but I have not got them yet. I really love the MK IV armour... I have 30 painted up with combi weapons but they are green so I can nit use them for 30k and be a purist.

I am planning on making a whole chapter of dark angels. In so far as 40k is concerned, i have the models for the first and second companies but they are not all pointed in a uniform way. The 3 rd company is going to be 30k stuff.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:25 pm

Nexus_Crawler wrote:I just ordered 3 more Deimos pattern rhinos and the relic whirlwind.

I think I might have a spending problem..
Don't we all... lol

Love it so far. really like the deimos rhino can't wait to see what you do with it too
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:32 pm

I can't wait to see them then! I'm a big fan of the Mk IV armor as well. If I get to start my planned 30k Alpha Legion army, I think I will mostly make it a MK IV equiped force with some MK VI for elite units like veterans and maybe the Headhunters squad (special improved Alpha Legion's Seekers). The XXth Legion seemed to have a large access to the most modern weaponry including the Mk VI armor, so I think it would be fluffy. But first, I have to finish my Thousand Sons army.

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:11 pm

Originally my mk iv models are used as vets with my green wing.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:02 am

I've been seriously considering making a 30K Iron Warriors army...maybe I'll start with Iron Hands though. I already have Manus :)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:10 am

Dez wrote:I've been seriously considering making a 30K Iron Warriors army...maybe I'll start with Iron Hands though. I already have Manus :)
Iron Warriors are awesome, but if you already got Manus, maybe you should start with them yea. :) I think the Iron Warriors are my third favorite legion after the Thousand Sons and the Alpha Legion. Iron Hands are my favorite loyalists I think.

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:10 pm

--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:12 pm

the middle one is not done yet but I want to get the other 2 up to the same level. The new ones need a little bit more red and then I can start edge hilighting.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:19 pm

It's looking good. They are already very beautiful.

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:34 pm

Nice

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:02 pm

Hello little scout.

--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:00 pm

Scout Flavius wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!