It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:28 am 
Gold Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Wow I actually painted this one within 2 weeks at a good standard:O I'm amazed of myself. Maybe about 15 hours of painting in it + basing. It has been lying around to long and It was, like all FW stuff, a pleasure to paint.
Any comments or critism welcome:)

NOTE: Before you ask:P the miniature is 32 mm to face, 70mm to top of spear. I pinned the heads so you can have 2 different heads to your choice.

>>Soon on ebay<<

http://www.coolminiornot.com/218085

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

Last edited by A Luna on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:18 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

nice fuel can :D

Space Marine Captain Yriel Blake of the Grey Blades.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:48 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Thanks, I almost gave up hope when I highlighted it to yellow.

CMON Gallery
Youtube

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:54 pm 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge
How do you paint your weapons?

"I nuke posts like it's 2012"-Asrodrig

Visit my Youtube channel: Lootaful
Yeah Loota was taken.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:57 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges
i thought you played tau a luna?

Daemonhunters-2110 points
Chaos Space Marines-3150 points
Orks- 654 points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:24 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Loota wrote:
How do you paint your weapons?

If you mean the metallic, I like them dark. I usually start with boltgun metal basecoat, highlight of Chainmail and give it several washes and glazes depending in my mood. I just found out a new method for adding blood effects (see the gasoline on his base as an example for liquids).

@Magicguitar:
I do play tau. Just have to get rid of this huge backlog and this guy is going on ebay soon anyway :)

CMON Gallery
Youtube

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:00 pm 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge
Okay, so like a lot of Badab Black? or Devulen Mud? Also is that water effects in the blood?

"I nuke posts like it's 2012"-Asrodrig

Visit my Youtube channel: Lootaful
Yeah Loota was taken.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:24 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Awesome, but I really don't think you should sell it on ebay, not becuase of cheaters but becuasue itis a great modle.

Ultramarines: 1300 points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:35 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

I saw it few days ago (perhaps yesterday ? don't remember) on coolmini... so it was you ? haha well done I luv it =)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:11 am 
Gold Vault Member

Loota wrote:
Okay, so like a lot of Badab Black? or Devulen Mud? Also is that water effects in the blood?

I use all kind of washes, purple, green, sephia, mud, black, red, blue, etc..:) Its impossible to tell how the next weapon will look like since I use those washes depending on my mood.

muramasima wrote:
Awesome, but I really don't think you should sell it on ebay, not becuase of cheaters but becuasue itis a great modle.

I bought it purely to sell it. Painting is my love and life (mostly) and I would like to get some money for it and I know I can make someone happy by selling this one.

FrenchHammer wrote:
I saw it few days ago (perhaps yesterday ? don't remember) on coolmini... so it was you ? haha well done I luv it =)

Yup, was me;)
Thanks everyond

CMON Gallery
Youtube

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:44 pm 
Now we're getting somewhere...

I love how you captured the dirty and grim look without overwelming the miniature, very well done!

Good luck on the contest.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:30 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Thanks Tiblit:) Good luck on everyone else too. I must say I saw some awesome entries and I can't call an inmediate winner, nor do I think I will win, that infinity miniature is amazingly well done. So are some other entries.

CMON Gallery
Youtube

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:12 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Wow, you're too good! Haha, you're making it unfair for us noobs!! :P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:14 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

that's crazy good.... :?
like insane good....
you should totally put a Tau in.
I play tau too and would love to see how you do them, there aren't exactly heaps of really well painted tau... if any at all...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:16 am 
Gold Vault Member

Thanks guys.
I might do some tau later, but that will be at army quality, maybe i'll paint the leaders better. Its just that I'm in need for money and I've got to sell some miniatures.

EDIT: miniature now on ebay!! http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0329252820

CMON Gallery
Youtube

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next