Nappen's Weekly Paint 2014

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: Nappen's Weekly Paint 2014

Post by Nappen » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:18 am

thanks, it runs through the whole army so far. I still have a ton to paint but am getting closer. I think lizards may have to be next. My daughter said, "they are just sitting there."

Merry Christmas everyone.

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:05 am

got up this morning and built the present my son gave me for Christmas :)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:49 am

just did another plastcraft kit. two buildings for my Venice board.

Tip though: read the directions. I just powered through and glued the small building to the base, not realizing that once I did that it would not longer fit on top of the first building-in fact it is two different buildings, one with a second level on top, and another with the two building configurations. oops. guess I need another one :)

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:03 pm

Nice gifts!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:24 pm

I agree :)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:29 pm

started to convert one of my mantic striders to an orky walker. Not sure what the best proxy it would be. I think it is too big for a meganob, so either a killa kan or a deff dred. I don't have the current codex, so not 100% sure what it works best with. I will post a pic later tonight with a couple of ork models for scale. Also built three bikers. Traded a bunch of deadzone for 6 more bikes which went in the mail this morning :)

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:48 pm

Oh man Ork armies are so fun!

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:52 pm

So here is where I am at. I know it needs more orkafication, but what direction/proxy is this best suited for. First couple of shots for scale and the last for a little closer look.

ImageImageImage

Dez

Post by Dez » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:07 am

Mega Armored Warboss!

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:19 am

He is next to a warboss, would that be too big? And what size base? I guess I could magnetize the feet and then could do either size base...

Dez

Post by Dez » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:34 pm

Nappen wrote:He is next to a warboss, would that be too big? And what size base? I guess I could magnetize the feet and then could do either size base...
No such thing!

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:16 pm

I like the mega armor warboss idea...now what to do with the other four striders?

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:44 pm

Today was an assembly day. Got the last three wraiths for my son's necrons done. I then assmebled the daemon battalion I picked up somewhere...escept the nurglings, they will need to be painted first.

Then got the wraiths primed and my gutter runners primed black along with four assassins.

Only thing left to assemble on the necrons is the transcendent c'tan and the giant monolith...can't remember the name right now.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:10 pm

Got a bit done on the wraiths. I would really like to finish his army up. After the wraiths, only the HQs and the obalisk if I ever get it built.