Dez #theweeklypaint 2014

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Dez #theweeklypaint 2014

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:26 am

Looking good so far Dez! Just curious, what are you using for a compressor right now? I'm using a little desktop job that's not PSI-selectable, and it's not really doing it for me - though it's better than the old 1.5HP dual-tank job I had, simply due to the much lower volume it operates at :P
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:59 am

I have this one right here http://www.tcpglobal.com/ABD-TC-20T.html#.VI8TNIrF8qY

Runs really quiet, and the moisture trap has a built in psi regulator.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:50 pm

59 dB isn't bad at all - I swear my PC runs at least that loud when I'm gaming ;)
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:26 am

Here is a test run for my dwarf theme, still wip.

-Red needs toning down
-The gold/brass is too...red. I think I need more of a copper color.
-Need to work the metals on the helmet and hammer

Muttonstashe
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Muttonstashe » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:46 pm

Looking good Dez! I'm about as far as you are on mine. Hoping to get it done either tonight or tomorrow.
Dwarfs: 2000 Points, 1/2 painted
Dark Angels: 1650 Points, Primed
Cygnar: 15 Points, Everything painted except caster

Dez

Post by Dez » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:03 am

Did some more work on my Dwarf tonight while finally getting into Agents of Shield. Started with this seasons episode 5...was kinda meh but got into it a bit more with episode 6.

How am I going to base these stunties? I was thinking about doing the same basing as the Skaven, as I want to tie them all in (underground fighting between Dwarfs, Skaven...and OnG). I'm not so sure though now, I think I want them a little bit different. Maybe I'll do a bunch of broken rock and sporadic bits of grass.

Dez

Post by Dez » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:54 am

Once again I prove that I can make nice looking models look awful with pics :)

Muttonstashe
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Muttonstashe » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:41 pm

Nice job there! This should end up being a fun fight to the death.

Vault
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Vault » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:02 pm

Well if you were going for a brassy look you managed to hit it pretty good... considering how off most of the metallic paints I've ever seen are. You've got your gold looking polished brass and your more natural state coppery looking stuff... that's pretty much how any of the brass I use at work looks. ;p
Get thee to a shrimpery!
Tau - 1849 points
Space Marines - 2333 points
Necrons - 3185 points
Tyranids - 3339 points
Orks - 1300 points
Lizardmen - 938 points

Dez

Post by Dez » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:55 pm

Nice to hear!

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:23 am

Looking good Dez and you did really nail that brass! You really need to do a dwarf army!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Dez

Post by Dez » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:38 am

Arnathos wrote:Looking good Dez and you did really nail that brass! You really need to do a dwarf army!
Thanks, I am enjoying painting it. Of course I see more now that I want to do to the model, so I'll take another pass.

I have a bunch of Dwarfs set aside, I am planning on a Dwarf army...especially as I know it will tempt one of the gamers in my group to play Fantasy. I'd always loved dwarves since I was a kid (I remember when D&D first came out, yikes!) and of course wanted to make a dwarf army. Unfortunately in my old gaming group, most of them already played Dwarfs (Battle for Skull Pass) so I didn't. I also was able to procure a WoC army at a ridiculous steal of a deal! Of course, I've always loved Skaven most of all and I'm glad I finally completed that army!

So yeah, Dwarfs are up for the new year as well as finishing up Necrons. I'm also going to work on getting my Traitor Guard up to snuff, and reworking my CSM. Lots of hobby fun for the new year!

Muttonstashe
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Muttonstashe » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:00 am

Dwarfs have always been my favorite fantasy race, ever since I can remember. That being said, I will be starting something new for the new year. Probably going to be High Elves, since I feel that they are far different than slow, magicless Dwarfs.

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:59 pm

Off topic, but looked at your storm vermin and was wondering what is the equivalent of longboard grey?

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:38 pm

Nevermind, picked some up at the store today :)