GBXVII: Sebell's Bunker Complex *COMPLETE* Aug 1 10

Sebell
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

GBXVII: Sebell's Bunker Complex *COMPLETE* Aug 1 10

Post by Sebell » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:18 am

Ok ok, its being posted up late, im working on it and have been for some time, im almost to the painting stages and i should have some pics up in the morning. Basically I've done up several bunker buildings, several have suffered heavy battle damage.

Ive gotten 4 buildings under construction so far, i doubt ill make any more but ill be adding probably small objects to add more depth to the base. Pics will be up soon, cell phone camera pics to start then ill have to borrow a friends digital camera again.

*Edit*

This is the front gate, its still missing the gate/barricades and detail to the damaged room.

Ruined command tower that is still getting worked on.

Power generators that have received a base coat of paint and probably will be the first completed.

Finally a random bunker that its lacking in detail and i don't know what to do yet.

This is by far the largest project I've worked on for terrain. I'm going to be working on it non stop this week, unfortunately i forgot my filling agent to fill in all the gaps so i cant prime some of the others tonight. Im still undecided on if the ground will be just asphalt or if it will be dirt and cracked cement.

Btw the photos were rushed, they are taken on the small desk i have to work on at work.
Last edited by Sebell on Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:19 am, edited 5 times in total.
Raven Guard: 2000 and growing
Painting eyes are the bane of my existence.

I think she missed her calling, she should have been a sister of battle. - Avitus

chaptermaster
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Re: GBXVII: Sebell's Bunker Complex *Pictures added*

Post by chaptermaster » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:13 am

This looks like it could be a very intresting building.
Armies:
Space Marines: 3500pts
Chaos: A rabble

"Behold, Khornate! Leader of spam and keeper of flamer attacks"- The Airman

"Who's this guy"
"Oh that's just Bob"
"Hi Bob"
"Please don't kill me"

Apa1994
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryGroup Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #3Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Apa1994 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:33 am

That looks like a very good start.

lordazaral
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Post by lordazaral » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:09 pm

Good start, should put some mini's in the pics so we can get an idea of scale.

Sebell
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by Sebell » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:41 pm

Ill take a couple mini's to work tonight for when i add some updated pictures.

I think she missed her calling, she should have been a sister of battle. - Avitus

Sebell
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Sebell » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:19 am

Updated power generator building. Still needs work done on the base then this building will be finished, unfortunately those supplies are at home and not here with me at work.

My attempt at a freehand symbol

exhaust fans

Snipers added for size reference.

Apa1994
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryGroup Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #3Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: GBXVII: Sebell's Bunker Complex *Updated 7/24/10*

Post by Apa1994 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:31 am

That is looking good now, I like the exhaust fans.

Ximmons
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Ximmons » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:02 pm

looking very good. im curious to see how the ruined tower will turn out. i like the factory, and very nice symbol :twisted:

Sebell
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Sebell » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:21 pm

should have a updated pictures tonight, late tonight.

Sebell
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Sebell » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:02 pm

Well these would have been up sooner except it seems mwg was down for a few hours late last night.

The Power station is now done, here are the pics.

And now for the tank traps. I made some dragons teeth, these pics are of the painted but unflocked teeth.

And last but not least for this update, the tower.

No i did not paint the imperial symbol on the building, that was done by my girlfriend with a paints sharpie. I still have more work to do on the tower decoration wise, as for the main gate i might scrap that due to its not turning out how i like and i may just go with 3 buildings.

Sebell
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: GBXVII: Sebell's Bunker Complex *Updated Again 7/28/10*

Post by Sebell » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:17 pm

Defiantly chose to do too much this month but ill have it done and up sometime after i get home from work tomorrow morning. I think for future ones ill try to not get over my head on it.

Status of the build, Generator Complete, Tower needs to be flocked, front gate needs detail and flocking, optional bunker is complete.

chaptermaster
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Post by chaptermaster » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:36 pm

Looks very good
Armies:
Space Marines: 3500pts
Chaos: A rabble

"Behold, Khornate! Leader of spam and keeper of flamer attacks"- The Airman

"Who's this guy"
"Oh that's just Bob"
"Hi Bob"
"Please don't kill me"

Sebell
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Sebell » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:41 pm

Almost done, has a major case of the procrastinations for the last two days so it looks like its down to the wire but it will be done in less then a hour.... well it has to be heh. Pics up soon.

lordazaral
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Post by lordazaral » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:26 pm

Go man GO!!!

Sebell
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Sebell » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:55 pm

Finally done, slow picture upload.

First off, the overall Base.

The Tower

Power Station

Generic Bunker

Front Gate

Tank

Dragons Teeth

Not the best pics of the tank traps but there are others on there. This base took a lot out of me, lots of work and a ton of rushing at the end due to procrastination. I tried to adds detail where i could like the oil stains in the parking lot. Also tried where i could to break up the monotonous grey of a concrete base would have. I'm happy with how it turned out, i will be putting more work into it at a later date with gun positions and stuff with some bits that i have bought off Ebay that haven't arrived yet. Also don't have a table yet built to put this on and play with it and its a bit big to take to the local store so it looks like this piece will be sitting on the shelf for a while. Next build I'm defiantly going for a smaller scale.

Return to “Group Build XVII (17)”