GBXVII: Winner Announced!!! Pg. 2

The 18th Group Build!
Blue
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

GBXVII: Winner Announced!!! Pg. 2

Post by Blue » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:24 am

Yet another great month everyone! Having more participants really made this build fun too. Hope to see all of you next month!

Please format your votes in Big Bold Letters so they are easier to tally up at the end of the vote.
Everyone's name below is clickable for a direct link to their individual WIP threads. I recommend you to check them out before you vote.

All votes must be in before Friday August 6th, 6:00PM EST.
Good luck to all, you guys know what to do! :wink:

Hendric's Hillside Bunker

Apa's Fantasy Tower

Lordazaral's Command Bunker

Chaptermaster's Chaos Bunker

Sebells's Bunker Complex

Virus' IG Bunker

Poseidon's Tau Bunker Corner

Kagares Space Ork Bunker
Last edited by Blue on Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

jimmy72nd
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: GBXVII: VOTE for the Winner!!!

Post by jimmy72nd » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:48 am

Great entrys by all competitors, but my vote goes to Lordazaral's Command Bunker
"Only the DEAD have seen an end to War" -Plato

Blood Angels 4155 Pts
W:7 L:8 T:8

lordazaral
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Post by lordazaral » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:52 am

I vote for Apa's Fantasy Tower

Nocturus
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Nocturus » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:14 am

Sebells's Bunker Complex
Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right. -Isaac Asimov
I bow down, Nocturus. --Aloh'Kais
Tau 6th Ed. W-0 D-0 L-3
Tau w/ Eldar Allies W-3 D-1 L-3

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by A Luna » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:54 am

Oh man this is hard... I"m just going to leave feedback to all of you so I probably know at the end of this message what I'm voting for.

Hendric:
Wow! Fantastic idea. I saw this one earlier but I didn't know it was your entry too. You're inspiring. It looks messy, but clean too. I love all the technological things into it. Maybe you could have spend more time on the painting.

Apa:
Simple tower, but it works! I love the base the most. I am sorry, but I don't think my vote will go to this one (although it's still great) because of the bricks. That should have been the centerpiece of this terrain. The colors are to dull. Blob on some green, blue and light-ish purple on places, drybrush it more with other colors, weather it! Also, would have looked great if all the tiles would have been a bit different in height and thickness, sticking out too.

Lordazaral:
Hmmm hmmm... It's dull, but that is the way bunkers are supposed to be. I just love this one, it really sets the mood for 40k. Like the additional detail (eagle) too. But maybe bring more atmosphere around it by setting up ammonition posts, guns, helmets, sandbags, etc. Bring the bunker to life!
Also, the base is a bit simple to me. No sand or grass.. perhaps it's desert, but even a desert isn't completely made out of 1 big rock chunk.

Chaptermaster:
Ingenious idea like Hendric, but although I love the idea (and the bricks/rubble on the bottom looks fantasticly realistic), I really hate seeing things made out of cardboard and still see the rim. I would have gone for a better fit. Plus add sand to it or ashes. For a chaos bunker, it doesn't really look chaotic. I first thought it was some sort of thing from the tyranids but then I thought of stonehenge and then I thought cave, etc. Ofcourse, using cardboard for terrain is great, but do make it unrecognizable.

Sebells:
Whoa... not just 1 piece but a complete set! Respect!:P
I love the idea on this one too and it overal looks more impressive than the rest, but the painting is way to clean to be ruined on some places. There is no rubble and no weathering. The tank traps from what I can see look better though. Small pics :(

Virus:
I thought it was a stadium actually :oops: It's nice, but for an imperial bunker... why would they use sharp pointy sticks? Ofcourse in fantasy they would be used but it seems odd in the 40k century. They have bricks, metallic spikes, tank traps, etc. The graves + helmets on the crosses was a nice touch though.

Poseidon:
Apart from the ion cannon and the turret thing on the right on first pic, I cant identify why this would be a tau bunker? Same with Virus, stick to the theme and make sure people can see the theme. I like the colors of the rocks and 'sand' or its probably snow. Gives a feeling of coldness to it. Well done on the stairs too.

Kagares:
It looks alright, but yeah... it's orcy. Not that its bad or that it's easy to build, don't mean that. I mean that it's actually quite hard to make a good looking orc building where you actually build it from scratch that orcs have looted. This looks more of trash you looted ;)
Also, the painting is a bit dissappointing IMHO. I think this bunker lost a lot of interest on voting people because of the painting. It all looks to clean. If you'd use more colors (various looted stuff and orcs aren't into fashionable color matches) this thing would look great as a centerpiece on the table. Keep it up.

Well in the end my vote goes to... ahm....

*silence*...

Ahm okay I"ll vote for this then...

Lordazaral!
(I can vote in green hahaha!)

Why?
Because the design is amazing. It's a bunker I saw and I knew it was a bunker in the 40k galaxy. It fits the mood, looks darn hard to attack as an attacker and easy to defend. The tower in the middle really pulled me through. Love what you did with the barbed wire too but maybe you could pull it straight? Those things will help you in competitions.
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

thunderfire
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by thunderfire » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:00 pm

My vote goes to Lordazaral

DonStracci
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by DonStracci » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:04 pm

My vote for APA FANTASY TOWER

chaptermaster
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Post by chaptermaster » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:56 pm

my vote is for Lordazaral
Armies:
Space Marines: 3500pts
Chaos: A rabble

"Behold, Khornate! Leader of spam and keeper of flamer attacks"- The Airman

"Who's this guy"
"Oh that's just Bob"
"Hi Bob"
"Please don't kill me"

Ximmons
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Ximmons » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:02 pm

Lots of good builds but after looking though them all i have to vote for

Sebbells's complex

Really nice job everyone :mrgreen:

Sebell
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by Sebell » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:48 pm

A Luna wrote: Sebells:
Whoa... not just 1 piece but a complete set! Respect!:P
I love the idea on this one too and it overal looks more impressive than the rest, but the painting is way to clean to be ruined on some places. There is no rubble and no weathering. The tank traps from what I can see look better though. Small pics :(.
Unfortunately my painting skill isn't really up to the task of weathering (would love links to info on weathering buildings/units), i have the same problem with my army. And as for the rubble, that ones down to procrastination and the 3 hours i rushed to get it done for the deadline. Trust me my gf was bugging me about the lack of rubble as well for the tower. Anyhow, off to go do some more painting on a dreadnought.
Raven Guard: 2000 and growing
Painting eyes are the bane of my existence.

I think she missed her calling, she should have been a sister of battle. - Avitus

Poseidon
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengePlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Poseidon » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:22 pm

A Luna wrote:Virus:
I thought it was a stadium actually :oops: It's nice, but for an imperial bunker... why would they use sharp pointy sticks? Ofcourse in fantasy they would be used but it seems odd in the 40k century. They have bricks, metallic spikes, tank traps, etc. The graves + helmets on the crosses was a nice touch though.

Poseidon:
Apart from the ion cannon and the turret thing on the right on first pic, I cant identify why this would be a tau bunker? Same with Virus, stick to the theme and make sure people can see the theme. I like the colors of the rocks and 'sand' or its probably snow. Gives a feeling of coldness to it. Well done on the stairs too.
Let me first start off by saying, I appreciate all feedback. Also, A Luna, Props for giving everyone feedback. I would do the same, however, for the most part i agree with you on everything. The only thing is i almost feel like you didn't look at everyones work in progress. For example, my work in progress has more pictures that would solidify why it is a tau bunker. if you did look at the WIP though, i did notice that i left some fluff out. So, for the fun of it i will explain. My Sept is the Bork'an sept for the tau, their colors are white and hawk turquoise, they live on a snow planet, and their buildings are mostly white or egg shell from what i can see. Also for ViRuS's IG bunker i feel like spikes would be good for stopping infantry no matter what they are made out of.

I hope that clears things up for you a little! :D and as for my vote:
ViRuS!!!

I picked this bunker because i like the setup. It gives a very Alamo feel and the tank tracks look pretty good. GOOD JOB EVERYONE!!!
Bork'an or bust!
Tau Bork'an Sept: 2340(WIP)
Space Marine Gue'vesa: 585(WIP)
Let me know what you think!!!
For 2010: W:6 T:6 L:12
Painted:[==[+]=================](17.14%)

Molonlabe2378
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Molonlabe2378 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:35 pm

ferretfiend18
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by ferretfiend18 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:48 pm

strunce107
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by strunce107 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:52 pm

yoyomansizzle
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by yoyomansizzle » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:32 am

Rengar 2012.
"Sizzles picture art is different though. He actually took the time to create the picture he posted using photo shop software. That is creativity. You newb trolls could learn something from him." -Vassago42

Return to “Group Build XVIII (18)”