In regards to the next Campaign Season

For older stuff.
Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: In regards to the next Campaign Season

Post by Arnathos » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:47 am

Well it does make more sense I guess. The main downside is that not everyone has every race in their local meta. Where I to switch over to my wife's sisters for example, only hedonismbot would be able to capture or contest the area's I capture. Similarly, no one here plays Eldar or Dark Eldar on a regular basis, which would make it hard for me to do anything.

Other people might have even more restricted meta's.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Hedonismbot
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Hedonismbot » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:57 am

Regrettably, Canoness Seline was killed by a carnifex in the Utgard infestation campaign, so I cannot continue to enslave them as much as I'd like.

I do like anyone wanting to fight me would fight me would have to find another De player, for once, having no one play an army finally paid off!
Aug 31st 2010 10:48 am 5267 and counting.

Nexus_Crawler
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:02 pm

This is a good idea Ronin but dont you think that this will require more back end effort on the part of the administrators? These are fun but there is no need to make things more difficult for you.

Also - badges. I loves the shinys. This seems to be the only participation based activity on the board that does not have recognition in that way; maybe just Participation badges!
--Necrons, Dark Angels--
--Connoisseur of fine Cheese--

Nexus_Crawler
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:12 pm

Do you happen to know of any developer types who could write a gratis interface? I am not aware of any in the community.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--
--Connoisseur of fine Cheese--

zippercomics
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by zippercomics » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:06 pm

Nexus_Crawler wrote:Do you happen to know of any developer types who could write a gratis interface? I am not aware of any in the community.

I am a developer of moderate skill. Not going to change any lives or blow any minds with my awesome code, but I know my way around a basic dev environment. I've done a bit of work in PHP and MySQL. Time is tough, though, with the Christmas season in full swing. What're you looking for? (Admittedly, I don't understand the Worldwide campaign ... just started reading about it today).

Arkrove
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Arkrove » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:20 am

I actually like the idea here but I was thinking this could be the pre campaign season. So which ever faction wins this either sets the story and/or gains a advantage in the next full campaign.
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."

"If the path to salvation leads through the halls of purgatory, then so be it."

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:54 am

Arkrove wrote:I actually like the idea here but I was thinking this could be the pre campaign season. So which ever faction wins this either sets the story and/or gains a advantage in the next full campaign.
So a second age of the Eldar, eh? Well I guess it makes sense with all their popularity nowadays, it would also make an amazing way for GW to advance the story line of the 40k universe, just think of all the nerd rage!

Sadly it will be contained to this campaign.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Hedonismbot
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Hedonismbot » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:09 am

Arnathos wrote:
Arkrove wrote:I actually like the idea here but I was thinking this could be the pre campaign season. So which ever faction wins this either sets the story and/or gains a advantage in the next full campaign.
So a second age of the Eldar, eh? Well I guess it makes sense with all their popularity nowadays, it would also make an amazing way for GW to advance the story line of the 40k universe, just think of all the nerd rage!

Sadly it will be contained to this campaign.
I'm liking this already!
Aug 31st 2010 10:48 am 5267 and counting.