Alliance of Order Thread

For older stuff.
Nexus_Crawler
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Alliance of Order Thread

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:00 pm

The Ravenwing Knights of the Dark Angels Have declared a Quest to hunt down the Chaos forces responsible for kidnapping and murdering the previous lord of the Ravenwing: Sammael. His blood and broken sword all that remained of the terrible ambush that shook the chapter to its core. As much as they are part of the Alliance of Order they are equally focused inward as they hunt their target across the sector.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--
--Connoisseur of fine Cheese--

Nexus_Crawler
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:24 pm

Ronin wrote:Woah? Samael died? I didn't get that in the memo. Now I'm just waiting for another Dark Angels player to show up and be like, "Nope I'm still alive. You guys stole my company." xD
:wink: I sent you a PM :D

For everybody else, It is part of a local narrative for my DA army. Can be retconed if another DA player comes in... after all, I never did say anything about a body. Just blood and a sword.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

FDARaptor
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by FDARaptor » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:44 pm

:shock: What if the Dark Eldar have his body?

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:00 pm

I wouldn't worry about that. Hedonismbot would probably pee himself with glee if it was the case though. The local narrative has it all worked out and I let Ronnin in on the skinny of it. Rest assured, it wont affect this narrative but I like to keep my fluff going.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:40 pm

Hedonismbot wrote:Masters of the Ravenwing have had some terrible luck with staying alive if memory serves me correctly.
They sure do. But Ronnin has a point, if another DA player comes in then there could be a continuity conflict. If that happens then I will change the back story.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Kiara
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by Kiara » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:50 am

+++ INCOMING TRANSMISSION +++

+++ IMPERIAL DESIGNATION: 518A7483C +++

+++ RE: OFFICIAL SUMMON: ALLIANCE OF ORDER +++

+++ RECIPIENT: Valeria, Helynna +++

+++ SOURCE: YAPPAN +++

Lord Uril Drakkar sends word that he is to join this Alliance to Defend this Sector. He also wishes to inform that he will oversee himself all enemy activities on the Sub-sector Yina.

+++ THOUGHT FOR THE DAY+++

+++ THE EMPEROR ASKS ONLY THAT YOU HATE +++

+++ END MESSAGE +++

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:00 am

Nexus_Crawler wrote:After the escape of Chaos forces from Chantilix, Alacer of the Dark Angels second company and hie retinue returned back to their orbeting cruiser to re-assess their collected intelligence regarding the assassination of the previous Lord of the Ravenwing. While discussing strategy with the inner circle, a message of high priority came through on an emergency channel from the Agri World of Maskrati within the same system!

A band of marauding Eldar Corsairs (and their Dark Eldar brothers) have been raiding the small settlements of the southern continent. Local military forces were not sufficient to deter the Xenos menace and the planetary governance was pleading for assistance. Immediatly, Alacer the Bard ordered his small armada of cruisers and support craft to break orbit and set course for Maskrati.

A farseer of the Eldar glimpsed a battle and fortified his position with wave serpents and heavy artillery. The Dark Angels deployed a force of conscripts to support the astrates as they moved to cleanse the planet of this horrific taint.

The battle was quick and decisive. The marines quickly closing to engage enemy skimmers and jetbikes to reduce their mobility; unable to move the eldar were cut down.

Before the Battle was barely even begun the Farseer fell to a Dark Angel Psyker and begged for mercy for the men and women of the eldar outcasts.

In exchange for his life, the Xenos Looked into the mind of the Guard conscriots and learned of the quest to avenge the great Sammael and devined a terrable truth! The master if the ravenwing was not dead at all but was being tortured by cultists in an attempt to turn him to Chaos and, in doing so, gain faivor of the chaos gods. The only other piece of information the farseer could give is that Sammael was located on Vana Prime. And that time is of the essence.

(pictures are in the batrep sections)

So the eldar player was trying a new strategy which involved rushing his transports into my short range fire... and charge distance. It did not work out well for the wave serpents. I even told him that the serpents would not survive that close but some people only learn from experience :P The Farseer went down in a heap to a regular libby! It was awesome.

How are the other games across the sector going?
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

IGfanatic
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!

Post by IGfanatic » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:36 pm

Captain Feran Brooks reporting for duty as requested, sir!
Sergeant Commissar Ranuka, ready to serve along side the Imperium!
Colonel Vrackus reporting, sir. Where do you need me?

Who missed me? :wink:

I should mention, I won't be playing many battles but I'll help where I can. Specifically in the Only War department. I'm setting up a skype group currently and am still looking for players. Who is up for it?
Iggy's are proud and noble creatures.

The Jank Collective Youtube channel.

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:24 pm

@ IG

I have never played a skype game but they look... um... not fun.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

IGfanatic
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!

Post by IGfanatic » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:05 pm

Ronin wrote:Is this the same army that fought in the last campaign? :D
Pretty much. ^_^ But now with more rough riders and sentry guns. :3

And Ronin got it right. Just need a couple more players to start. Super simple really.
Iggy's are proud and noble creatures.

The Jank Collective Youtube channel.