Battle Report Thread (OLD - NA Campaign)

For older stuff.
Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Battle Report Thread

Post by Arnathos » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:23 pm

So I played like 4 games of 40k conquest today, sadly I only won a single one! :(

Anyhoo:

Deck Used: Imperial Guard vs Eldar
Alliance: Imperial Relief Forces
Result: Victory
CP Allocation: Kezvo (10), Chantilix(5)

Its a nice game, not too beginner friendly though and Eldar are so, so evil and tricksy. I did win the last game so decided to quit while I was ahead.

I will use this to represent the relief forces starting the evacuation of planets in Nova Armenia. Fluff proper will appear in the proper thread.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Arkrove
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Arkrove » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:27 am

Commander Name: Ahotep
Faction: Thousand Sons
Subfaction: Prodigal Sons, Corvidae Cult, 6th Fellowship
Alliance: Coaltion of Armies Against the Imperium (CAAI)
Planet Targeted: 612
Game Size Played: 1500 pts
Did your opponent agree this was a fluffy/thematic list? If so, what was the theme they described it to be?: Yes they did, plenty of sorcerers and rubric marines were used.
Were weather effects used? If so, which one was generated?: yes, no effect
Were character injuries used?: no
Did you try the Strategic Missions Packet? If so which mission?: no
Result: Win
CP Earned: 34 CP
Evacuation points needed: 30 CP
Evacuation tally: 48 CP

Thousand Sons vs Space Wolves

Narrative campaign - Ambush & Assassination

ASSASSINATION RULES
ASSASSIN TARGET
(Both of the player's warlord is the assassination target)
- If the enemies' warlord is slain role D3 victory points
- If your warlord survives the game role D3 victory points

ASSASSIN
- Pick one model in your army. When this model is targeting the enemy warlord or the squad the enemy warlord is attached to all attacks (ranged and assault) are rending and +2 strength

AMBUSH RULES
CHOOSING AMBUSHER
- Whoever is starting first on turn 1 is the ambusher

AMBUSHER
- The ambusher choses 3 infantry units he can outflank with before deployment starts
- The units that are outflanking can come out on the first turn
- All outflanking units can assault the turn they come on

AMBUSHED
- On turn one all units in the army can only fire snap shots
- After turn one every unit in the army has hatred and rage

Story
(N.B. Although this takes inspiration from the main story it is in no way associated with it's cannon and it is not apart of the main story. It is just a bit of fan fiction I made for some fun.)

After searching through the so called artefacts on 612 Ahotep realised he came too late. The Orks have severely damaged and destroyed all of the artefacts of value in their recklessness to scalage the most mundane trinkets available to them. Despite not being able to find any notable artefacts to bring back to his liege lord, Ahriman, or help in the curing of his cursed brethren there was still one more task, annihilation of the Space Wolves in this sector. Although the Space Wolves on 612 has nearly been wiped out due to the heavy toll the war with the Orks has inflicted upon them, they still linger. Their presence here alone offended Ahotep, any other chapter Ahotep would of left them to the fate of the Whitestone Fortress but Ahotep wanted to deliver the executioner's blow himself. Ahotep organised a small spear head of troops out of them many readily available and led the assault himself.

Ahotep assaulted the fortress on foot in order to preserve the vehicles they has for other assults later in this campaign. Ahotep had plans to kill the Wolf Lord leading this pack of barbarians in order to sow chaos amongst their ranks and leave them leaderless. This would make them easy to pick them off one by one while they attacked the Prodigal Sons in unplanned, random attacks. Unexpectedly the savage dogs ambushed them and inflicted heavy tolls upon the assaulting Prodigal Sons force. This was unexpected since Ahotep thought the wolves were savages that didn't have the mind for tactical strategy, a mistake he would not forget. Enraged Ahotep and his forces attacked the Space Wolves and annihilated them. Their troops slaughtered, their fortress decimated and their scarce fleet exterminated. Satisfied with his victory he left the system awaiting other orders from Ahriman.
Last edited by Arkrove on Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."

"If the path to salvation leads through the halls of purgatory, then so be it."

Necrons 4eva
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Necrons 4eva » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:11 am

Commander Name: Phaeron Nosnibor
Faction: Necrons
Subfaction: Resokach Dynasty
Alliance: CAAI
Planet Targeted: Chantilix
Game Size Played: 3500 per side (apoc)
Did your opponent agree this was a fluffy/thematic list? If so, what was the theme they described it to be?: yes, an evac force (minimal deployment. Only using what was necessary.
Were weather effects used? If so, which one was generated?: yes, no affect
Were character injuries used?: no (we forgot)
CP Earned: 34

Pretty simple game. I tried to act like I was a force that was moving away and his army got in the way of my and tried to stop me. Fun game, but I wish there was a better way to represent a running army
Necrons, Resocakh dynasty.
6255 WYSIWYG almost all painted

Chaos Space Marines, 2nd legion
~7000 WYSIWYG half painted

"It isn't the army, its the player."

"Plans are nothing, planning is everything."

Hedonismbot

Post by Hedonismbot » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:44 pm

I don't think sternguard are troops with Kantor, even with the new book, merely scoring. This may have changed with an faq or I may still be wrong about this.
Aug 31st 2010 10:48 am 5267 and counting.

Arnathos
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:32 pm

Commander Name: Lord Commissar Bernhart Jenssen
Faction: Imperial Guard
Subfaction: 27th Geldern Regiment
Alliance: The Imperial Relief Forces
Planet Targeted: Kezvo
Game Size Played: 2000 narrative
Did your opponent agree this was a fluffy/thematic list? If so, what was the theme they described it to be?: Yes, an almost classic hammer and anvil aproach fitting to the style and fluff of my regiment.
Were weather effects used? If so, which one was generated?: n/a
Were character injuries used?: Yes, Simo(Ratling leader who fell got oath of vengeance against the Tau, narrative character only because of his many achievements in previous engagements.)
Did you try the Strategic Missions Packet? If so which mission?:n/a
Result:Win! 20-0(special scoring system used, opponent gave up during my turn 3)
CP Earned:34(narrative win 30, pics 1, injuries 1, fluff 2)

Having made planetfall on Kezvo, General Coehorn tasked Lord Commissar Jenssen with the retrieval of materials and a shadowsword STC from the partially intact ruins of a nearby manufactorum complex. They also tried to secure the operational machinery in the complex, as well as a massive, miraculously unscathed promethium storage facility.

Jenssen, ever suspicious prepared for the worst and took the stormsword Passionate Vengeance with him as well as an armoured fist made up of several of the sparing Geldern Veterans and Leman Russ tanks. He himself went into battle at the head of one of the many platoons in the Geldern Regiment.

When they arrived at the ruins, they were shocked to find no living civilians, it was not long before Simo and his ruthless Ratlings reported seeing a Tau force in the area, making heavy use of battlesuits. Despite the dark caverns of the manufactorum and the Tau Blacksun Filters, the swiftness of Jenssen's assault caught the xeno's entirely by surprise.

The battle was swift and brutal. Simo's Ratlings held off 2 full units of broadsides for several turns before being forced to tactically withdraw. The Xeno's weapons proved woefully inadequate as 2 Riptides desperately tried to destroy Passionate Vengeance, blind to the masses of guardsmen closing in for a counter attack. As the xeno's fusion blasters gave mere scratches towards the fortress like behemoth that is Passionate Vengeance Jenssen and his guardsmen tore down the 2 oversized machines.

As the two Giants fell and the Tau commander was cut in half by melta-toting veterans. With 2 badly damaged broadside teams and a stealth team all that remained they decided to turn tail as fast they could.

Jenssen and his forces suffered negligible losses, some minor damage to some of the vehicles and Passionate Vengeance, the only real loss was the retreat of Simo's Ratlings after several rounds of ruthless bombardment by the Tau Broadsides. Civilians were not found despite recovering invaluable resources and machinery. Hopefully they would have more success as they continued the relief mission of Kezvo. Preparations for mass evacuation are almost in place.

Upon inspection of the fallen, the Tau were identified as splinter groups from the Shen separatists. Their mission here and the reason for being on Kezvo will have to remain a mystery for now.

Pics:
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

mrshadowguy
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by mrshadowguy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:43 pm

Are Dawn of War games still okay? If so, how would I report one?
That one dude on that one forum with the Squrtile picture.

mrshadowguy
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by mrshadowguy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:03 pm

I can't get online, so can I use brutal AI's instead?
That one dude on that one forum with the Squrtile picture.

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:15 pm

Ronin wrote:Nice table and army!
Thanks! We got some new terrain at the store and decided to make a nice setup for a narrative game, as it was sort of abandoned factory style stuff as well as several pumping stations. Some rocks to represent the caves of Kevzo, it would be interesting to have caves that are actually verdant a full of flora and algea that just take over the ruins at a rapid pace.

Also I'm pretty proud of the army, need to do the decals on the chimeras still but it looks pretty good (or disturbing, if you hate hearts).
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Hedonismbot

Post by Hedonismbot » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:52 pm

mrshadowguy wrote:I can't get online, so can I use brutal AI's instead?
Yes, set the difficulty up to manly mode and play till your eyes bleed. Or you get enough cp's to escape. Either one will be great.
Aug 31st 2010 10:48 am 5267 and counting.

Necrons 4eva

Post by Necrons 4eva » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:59 pm

Commander Name: Phaeron Nosnibor
Faction: Necrons
Subfaction: Resokach Dynasty
Alliance: CAAI
Planet Targeted: Maskerati
Game Size Played: 3000per side apoc
Did your opponent agree this was a fluffy/thematic list? If so, what was the theme they described it to be?: yes, evac force, same as before
Were weather effects used? If so, which one was generated?: yes, no affect
Were character injuries used?: no
CP Earned: 34

Battle pretty much went the same as before. A fast necron force pushes it's was through a space marine force. It looked so cinematic when 4 night scythes all flew up at the same time and dropped their troops at the same time

Heres hoping the crypteks do it right
Necrons, Resocakh dynasty.
6255 WYSIWYG almost all painted

Chaos Space Marines, 2nd legion
~7000 WYSIWYG half painted

"It isn't the army, its the player."

"Plans are nothing, planning is everything."