Battle Report Thread (OLD - NA Campaign)

For older stuff.
Necrons 4eva
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: Battle Reports Thread

Post by Necrons 4eva » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:15 pm

Oh wow, it must've taken a genius to make that deduction. I have an agenda, but you showed up on chantilix the other day, and I have the brains not to see it as a threat. I have no intention of staying on Vana Prime (but then again, did the U.S. want to stay in Iraq). Trust me, an insurgency on Vana Prime is the last thing I want. Plus, at this late point in the campaign phase, it's impossible for me to claim it. Chill thyself and let me help my race.
Necrons, Resocakh dynasty.
6255 WYSIWYG almost all painted

Chaos Space Marines, 2nd legion
~7000 WYSIWYG half painted

"It isn't the army, its the player."

"Plans are nothing, planning is everything."

IngenuityGap
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by IngenuityGap » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:50 pm

I'm telling you, nothing sweeter than Eldar soul spiced with warpdust and a side of human compassion.
7th Circle Chaos Daemons
Imperial Knights House Terryn
Adeptus Mechanicus - Skitarii, Cult Mechanicus, Imperial Knights
Tau

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:50 pm

Commander Name: Brother-Captain Percy the blessed.
Faction: Chaos Space Marines (using Crimson Slaughter Supplement)
Subfaction: Word Bearers 87th host
Alliance: Hosts of the Primordial Truth
Planet Targeted: Kezvo
Game Size Played: 1500
Did your opponent agree this was a fluffy/thematic list? If so, what was the theme they described it to be?: Yes, Word Bearers mechanized list with cultist meatshields. (The guy at the next table accused me of bringing a Khorne army, despite me not having any Khorne marks or units and everything being painted in a Word Bearers colour scheme, luckily he wasn't my opponent ;) )
Were weather effects used? If so, which one was generated?:N/A
Were character injuries used?:Yes, none taken.
Did you try the Strategic Missions Packet? If so which mission?:N/A
Result: Win
CP Earned: 14 (10 win, 2 fluff, 1 pics, 1 injuries)

Fluff:
With the Eldar closing in on the sector, Ascended Apostle Onoroth-Buhr has taken command of the host and instituted a smash and grab as well as a scorched earth policy, taking as much equipment from Kezvo as possible and destroying anything that can't be shipped off planet.

To this end, he sent Brother-Captain Percy and his 2nd company of the 87th host to extract valuable techno-artifacts from manufactorums in the southern reaches of the Kezvo caverns.

The 2nd company, like most companies of the host is mechanized and has a sizable number of possessed among their ranks, foremost of which is Brother-Captain Percy himself.

Setting out on a lightning raid, they met with resistance from a white scars descendant detachment allied with Ultramarines. The Space Marines immediately launched a counter attack which caught the Word Bearers by surprise. The resilience of the armoured company proved too much however, and even the most elite of the loyalist forces were ripped to bloody shreds by Percy and his possessed forces. Before the local cults could join in, the Space Marines had already signaled a full withdraw.

Despite suffering some losses, the Word Bearers made away with tons of artifacts.

Pics:
Deployment

End of Turn 1.

Lists:

WORD BEARERS

HQ:
Brother-Captain Percy the Blessed(Warlord)
Chaos Lord
Plasma Pistol
Blade of the Relentless
Daemonheart
Prophet of the Voices
Slaughterers Horns

Troops:
9 Possessed

10 CSM
9 additional cc weapons
2 flamers
Power Weapon
Meltabomb
Rhino

10 CSM
9 additional cc weapons
2 Meltaguns
Lightning Claw
Meltabomb
Combi-melta
Rhino

20 Cultists
2 Flamers

Elites:
7 Chosen
5 Plasma Guns
Power Weapon
Meltabomb
Draznicht's Ravagers
Rhino

Heavy Support:
Chaos Land Raider
Dirge Caster
Dozer Blades

SPESH MEHRINES

HQ:
Kor-shorro Khan(or whatever his name is)(Warlord)
Moondrakken(or however you spell it)

Command Squad
Bikes
4x Grav gun
4x Storm Shield
Apothecary

Troops:
10 Tacticals
Melta, Multimelta
Rhino

10 Tacticals
Melta, Multimelta
Rhino

Fast Attack:
Stormtalon
Skyhammer missiles
Assault cannon

Heavy Support:
Thunderfire Cannon

ALLIES:

HQ:
Tigerius

Troops:
5 Scouts
Pistol/CC weapon
Meltabomb

Heavy Support:
3 Devastator Centurions
Grav Cannons+Hurricane Bolters

We played Spoils of War because it fits the fluff so well and we hadn't tried it yet. Now this guy usually beats the living daylights out of me with his cheesy netlists(although he is a nice guy, so I don't mind), so it was good to beat the crap out of him with a fluff list for once.

My opponent deployed first and got first turn, Tigerius rolled all telepathy to get invisibility, my warlord trait was the crimson slaughter one that does D6 S3 AP- hits to models in base contact with my Lord at I10 each assault phase(which is not as awesome as it could have been seeing as his models were mostly T5 and few in number).

Turn 1 was uneventful, he immobilized my land raider after 12 grav shots(lost 1 hullpoint) and took a hullpoint off a rhino. My turn 1 saw me shuffling toward objectives, blowing up a rhino, killing scouts with my chosen, despite them being in a forest with a 3+ cover. The rhino explosion took a wound off Khan(double 1s then a 3 for FnP!) and took out 2 of my CSM, so first blood was mine. Percy and his chosen got stuck in with Khan, until my next turn they had a 3++ and rending.(As I an writing this I realize my opponent forgot his hit&run, although it may have been better that he stayed since possessed went into beast mode next turn) The possesed Champion took a wound off Khan with a rending hit and made all his invuls, the Percy killed another biker and so did the possessed, one possessed hit the dust.

Turn 2 saw the storm talon arrive, there was a lot of shooting, but all that happened was one of my rhino's got immobilized by a multi melta and my CSM with melta's went to ground to take cover from Tigerius and his Centurion buddies. The chosen made something like 15 3+ armour saves from the storm talon and thunderfire cannon. nothing happened in the bike/possessed combat thanks to 3++'s everywhere.
My turn 2 had the possessed go into beast mode, which kind of sucked as they were already in combat, but would have been awesome had Khan Hit&Ran. The chosen took out the tactical marines from the exploded rhino, the immobilized rhino tried to self repair and I grabbed a couple of objective points. Then, the unthinkable happened. Khan hit my Possessed Champion 3 times, and wounded 3 times, and I made 3 5+ invul saves(5,5,6) then did 2 hits and 2 wounds in return, Khan fails one, fails his FnP, and loses his last wound. SLAY THE WARLORD! My possessed champion turned into a chaos spawn! And he went to hide in a building next to where they fought. The bikes are reduced to 2 models but stick around.

Turn 3 saw the Centurions moving closer to almost wipe out my chosen, who made 2 6+ go to ground saves, leaving 3 out of 7 alive, then the storm talon and thunderfire cannon finished off the remaining 3, after I fail 7 out of 9 3+ saves(luck has to run out sometime). Percy and the Possessed finish off the last 2 bikes and Percy gets his 3rd kill in, giving him a S5 AP2 weapon. the possessed consolidate closer to the centurions.
My turn 3 saw the cultists fail to show up. My marines in the immobilized rhino disembark and clear a combat squad off objective 4, the spawn reveals itself and pounces the last remaining enemy rhino. The Possessed get a 3++ and rending again and move up to 1" away from Tigerius and the Centurions. The spawn Rips through the rhino with 5 attacks scoring 1 glance and 2 pens, it is wrecked and gets me the blood and guts objective. Tigerius refuses a challenge from Percy and despite invisibility making me hit on 6s, between my hammer of wrath on Percy, his warlord trait and sheer volume of attacks manage to take 3 wounds off the centurions, they run and we fail to catch them.

With me leading objectives 8-4, with nothing but a storm talon 2 combat squads and a thunder fire cannon my opponent concedes.

I wish I could say it was all my brilliant generalship, but dice luck played a huge part in this game. It was good to get a win against this guy for once though.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Hedonismbot

Post by Hedonismbot » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:27 am

Necrons 4eva wrote:Oh wow, it must've taken a genius to make that deduction. I have an agenda, but you showed up on chantilix the other day, and I have the brains not to see it as a threat. I have no intention of staying on Vana Prime (but then again, did the U.S. want to stay in Iraq). Trust me, an insurgency on Vana Prime is the last thing I want. Plus, at this late point in the campaign phase, it's impossible for me to claim it. Chill thyself and let me help my race.
An insurgency? Hah, you're comparing yourself to the U.S. And me to who knows what. You actually have to take over the place to do so and I believe you said it best, that it's impossible for you to claim it. You also say that what I do is not a threat? While this works out in my favour, that's awfully arrogant of you now isn't it necron. Everytime you've dismissed something or failed to react to a situation, it's come back to bite you in the rear armour.

You don't think that the Eldar alliance is a threat to you, then you're a bigger fool than any of us have ever thought possible.

I'd also keep the real life stuff out of it if possible. One thing that get's folks needlessly angry is politics.
Aug 31st 2010 10:48 am 5267 and counting.

Necrons 4eva

Post by Necrons 4eva » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:11 pm

[OOC/ good point, I just couldn't think of a 40k parallel to that scenario /OOC]
On vana prime, you're a threat. On chantilix, you won't be able to anything before this phase ends (it's literally impossible for you to unless there's a major extension). I know your strong, I also know that I've got control (for the time being) of chantilix. And what has come around to bite me in the butt that I haven't resolved? Shen's death, the rebellion, I've handled it all. Dismissing your abilities on chantilix is nothing but common sense.
Necrons, Resocakh dynasty.
6255 WYSIWYG almost all painted

Chaos Space Marines, 2nd legion
~7000 WYSIWYG half painted

"It isn't the army, its the player."

"Plans are nothing, planning is everything."

Hedonismbot

Post by Hedonismbot » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:35 pm

A threat? Oh I'm much more than that there, so much more. And you're barely holding on to your "prize". That's not control, that's hanging on by a thread. You've now got a mysterious organization that's come to that planet as well and they are the ones responsible for the demise of your Tau allies. I wonder, who will next to fall to the wayside?

Hedonismbot

Post by Hedonismbot » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:48 pm

Commander Name:Lady Galianth Galianostra
Faction:Dark Eldar
Subfaction:Kabal Of The Black Heart
Alliance:Eldar Alliance
Planet Targeted:Vana Prime
Game Size Played:1850
Did your opponent agree this was a fluffy/thematic list? If so, what was the theme they described it to be?: No.
Were weather effects used? If so, which one was generated?: No effect.
Were character injuries used?:Yes
Did you try the Strategic Missions Packet? If so which mission?:No.
Result:Win
CP Earned:14

Opposition: Orks

Mission: Cloak And Shadows.

Warlord Traits: Forward planning for me and prophet of the waaaagh for the orks.

Psychic powers: Prescience, psychic shriek and invisibility for me and power vomit, ere we go and brain bursta for the orks.

Intro: Nope, not yet.

Deployment: I won the roll of and chose the set up first. Spread out through out a ruin on my right hand side near the edge of my deployment zone went a large unit of warrior with hq and on the ground level behind them went a beast pack joined by a jetseer. Just to the back of the beasts went 2 venoms filled with warriors. Behind a ruin close to my left corner went a ravager, flanked by 2 units of scourges with a wraith knight going in front of them. Another venom with warriors inside went alongside the scourges. A unit of swooping hawks went right at the table edge behind them and 2 units of jetbikes were in reserve.

The orks then deployed a deff dread behind a ruined factorum off to my left side near their deployment edge and had a unit of mega nobs with Ghazzie in a trukk, then a unit of boyz in a trukk behind it respectively. Two more unit of trukk boys went off the the left side of the factorum. In the orks's left hand corner went a unit of grots joined by 2 big meks with shock attacks guns and surrounding them was a big unit of boyz with a pain boy and a big mek with mega armour, teleporta blasta and a 4+ inv custom force field. To the right of the boyz mob went a full unit of lootas right on his table edge. Objective no. 1 went right on top of a ruin in the middle of the board and no. 2 was atop the factorum where the orks were set up. Number 3 was right behind my warriors and beasts and no. 4 was about half way in between my warriors and the lootas on my right side. Number 5 was behind a ruin not far from the right side of the factorum while the last one was in front of the ruins where my warriors set up. Night fighting first turn and I choose to go first with the orks failing to seize.

My turn 1:

Objectives drawn: Demolitions, secure obj 1, 2, and 4. Since none of us had fortification I dropped it and got no.1. I used my warlord trait to drop these cards and instead picked up witch hunter, and secure obj 5, 6.

Movement: Hawks used skyleap and the warriors in the ruins spread out and get a guy near obj, and the beasts do a similar thing. All of the venoms moved over to my left side of the board right near the ruins in the middle of the table, so the lootas or shock attack guns couldn't see me and the wraith knight moved up near obj 5. The ravager moved behind the venoms and both units of scourges moved up to the ruins where obj 5 was.

Psychic phase: Jetseer cast invisibility on the warriors and that was it.

Shooting: Scourges ran to get behind the ruins where obj 5 was and the wraith knight ran to get nearly on top of it.

Objectives achieved: Secure obj 5, 6.

Orks turn 1:

Movement: The deff dread and the trukk with Ghazzie, along with the on behind it moved to the edge of the ruins without getting immobilized, while one of the ones to their left had the boyz get out and move towards obj 2. The other trukk moved towards a ruined bastion on my right flank which was near objective 4.

Psychic phase: The weird boy cast ere we go on his unit and they teleported right next to all my venoms and the ravager! He then tried to cast some str 6 blast on the ravager and I chose not to jinx and it ended up doing nothing.

Shooting: A couple of the lootas could see the ravager and shot at it and I chose not to jinx. None of them even hit. One of the shock attack guns fired at the wraith knight but the mek teleported himself into combat with the giant(rofl). The trukk near objective 4 went flat out and into some ruins past objective 4 and near my warrior blob. The big mek fired his teleporta blasta at my ravager and I chose to jinx with it, alongside a nearby venom to it's right. I make both cover saves so they end up doing nothing. Deff dread ran our from behind cover and towards me.

Assault: The wraithknight squishes the big mek and I get first blood! It stays put.

Objective achieved: First blood for me!

My turn 2:

Objectives drawn: Secure obj 6 and Ascendancy.

Movement: A unit of jetbikes shows up and heads towards obj 6. The wraith knight and beasts go to deal with the orks that just showed up right in the middle of my army. Both scourge units try to get into range of the trukk heading towards my warriors and the ravager and venoms turn their guns on the big ork mob. The warriors in the ruins all move into rapid fire range of the orks but move backwards a couple inches to stay away from the trukk. Hakws come back down atop a ruin to the right of the lootas but 2 of them to dangerous terrain and they pass morale.

Psychic phase: Jetseer casts invisibility and prescience on the beasts.

Shooting: Only one of the scourge units is in range of the trukk and fires haywire shots at it, but only do a hullpoint as it makes the rest of it's cover saves. The ravager, all the venoms and passengers, the warrior and wraith knight fire into the big ork unit and only 9 of them( 4+ inv and fnp and he made way over half his saves). The other unit of scourges shoots at the deff dread and leaves it with one hull point. Jetbikes boosted up onto obj 6.

Assault: The wraith knight charged in first to tank overwatch and made it, then the beasts charged. The orks failed their fear test and with the wraith knight and prescienced invisible beasts I kill around 10 or so and wounded the nob. The pain boy wounded the wraith knight once with it's poisoned attack and everything else missed. Unfortunately the orks rolled a 1 on mob rule so were fearless.

Objectives achieved: Secure obj 6.

Orks turn 2:

Movement: Ghazzie's trukk blasted through the walls and sped towards me, along with the other trukk full of boyz, while the other unit near obj 6 moved forwards and the orks got out. The boyz near obj 2 moved up a level to grab it, while the orks in the trukk to the left of Ghazzie get out and go after the scourges. Nothing else moves.

Psychic phase: The weirdboy tries to activate his force staff but I deny it.

Shooting: The other big mek fires it's shock attack gun at my warriors and kills 4 of them including the splinter cannons, while the trukk boyz near the jetbikes kill one of them with shootas. The mob near the scourges fire into them as well and also down one. The Ghazzie trukk goes flat out into the ruins near objective 5. The orks on obj 1 fire into my hawks and wipe out the whole squad(well you guys certainly didn't pay for yourselves). The trukks fire form rockets at my venoms and I don't bother to jinx and they all miss.

Assault: The trukk boys charge into the jetbikes and scourges respectively and take no casualties from over watch. Combat has both of my unit get wiped out and they both consolidate forwards. The fight with the beasts and wraith knight isn't so one sided for them(but it is for me) and they pass their fear test. The wraith knight misses with every attack but the beasts bring the unit down to 5 boyz, the big mek and the painboy. They roll a one for mob rule so are still stuck in combat and to make matter worse, the weirdboy died in his turn so now I can't get witch hunter(well that just...).

Objectives achieved: Blood and guts for 1.

My turn 3:

Objectives drawn: Assassinate.

Movement: Last unit of jetbikes comes in. The ravager moves to the right side of the ruins where Ghazzie's trukk is to get a clear shot, while the last scourge unit moves in front of the deff dread to shoot it or the trukk. Warriors stay where they are and the venoms move off to go in front of the ruins where the warriors are and the jetbikes move onto obj 6. Warriors stay put.

Psychic phase: Jetseer casts prescience and invisibility on the beasts again.

Shooting: Ravager immobilizes the Ghazzie trukk and the scourges finish off the deff dread. The warriors and two of the venoms and passengers fire into the orks near obj 6 and wipe them out, killing the nob for assassinate. The last venom and warriors inside fire at the orks who killed my scourges and kill all but 3 and wound the nob, but they pass morale.

Assault: The remains of the orks fighting the wraith knight and beasts pass their fear test and I wipe out the rest of the squad, gainng assassinate for d3 and consolidate away from the ork warlord.

Objectives achieved: Assassinate for 1. I drop witch hunter.

Orks turn 3:

Movement: Orks call a waaaagh. Orks on obj 2 stay put and Ghazzie and nobs get out the trukk and go for the ravager and scourges. Lootas and shock attack gun mob stay put. The trukk owned by the orks on obj 2 moves out from behind the factorum to get a clear shot on the wraith knight and the other trukk that transported the shoota boyz moves towards Ghazzie. The trukk that tranpsorted the boyz who killed my jetbikes moves to the base of the ruins where obj 1 is.

Shooting: The lootas take 2 wounds off the wraith knight and a rocket from the trukk near the factorum takes off another 1, leaving it with a single wound. Ghazzie's nobs shoot a scourge and the shock attack gun fires at my warriors but misses.

Assault: Ghazzie's unit multi assaults the scourges and ravager. Combat has the the ravager and scourges get wiped out by power claws.

Objectives achieved: No prisoners for 1 and secure obj 2.

My turn 4:

Objectives drawn: Secure obj 4, 5.

Movement: Jetbikes move towards obj 5 while the warriors shuffle around to claim either obj 3 or 6 and the wraithknight and beasts move towards obj 4. The venoms move up behind the beastpack.

Psychic phase: Jetseer makes the beasts invisible and casts prescience on a venom furthest back back near obj 6.

Shooting: The prescienced venom clears off the orks on obj 5 while the bikes boots up onto it. A snapfiring blaster from a warrior squad in the middle venom explodes the trukk near obj 1 and the wraith knight stuns the trukk next to the factorum.

Objectives achieved: Secure obj 4, 5 and ascendancy for 3.

Orks turn 4:

Movement: Ghazzie and crew hop into the nearby trukk which speeds right towards my warriors and everything else stays still.

Shooting: The Ghazzie trukk boosts right up into my face and the lootas fire into the beasts and kill 4 of them. The shock attack gun and rockets from the trukk fire into the wraith knight but do nothing. A big shoota also fires at it but does nothing.

Objective achieved: None.

My turn 5:

Objectives drawn: Secure obj 3, 5 and hold the line.

Movement: Jetbikes remain on obj 5 and the warriors stay on obj 3. Wraithknight moves up behind the ruin near the grots and the shock attack gun big mek and the venoms move into range and line of sight of the lootas. Beast pack moves to surround the trukk with Ghazzie.

Psychic phase: Jetseer casts prescience and invisibility on the beasts.

Shooting: One of the venoms is found to be out of range of the lootas so fires into the orks on obj 2 and kills three of them but they pass morale. The other two take the lootas down to 2 orks who also stand fast. Wraith knight glances the trukk near the factorum once as he made his ramshackle roll.

Assault: The beasts charge the trukk and loose one to overwatch from the mega nobs(who I swore were slow and purposeful so shouldn't be able to do this). I reduce the trukk down to a single hullpoint(damn, so close).

Objectives achieved: Secure obj 3, 5. I drop hold the line.

Orks turn 5:

Movement: The trukk moves through the beasts and the mega nobs get out. The orks near obj 2 move down to the bottom level of the factorum where I can't see them. Nothing else moves.

Shooting: The trukk that the wraith knight failed to kill finishes it off with a lucky rocket hit and the last two lootas wreck the front venom and the warriors get out and are pinned. The shock attack gun tries to kill them but missess completely.

Assault: Ghazzie and the mega nobs charge the beasts(bring it son, they're prescienced and invisible) and choose to multi assault the warriors and a nearby venom as well. I get insanely lucky and kill two mega nobs with overwatch fire, which stops them from assaulting the warriors(I couldn't stop laughing for a good 2 minutes after that). Combat had Ghazzie challenge me and I say no and the venom explodes and kills 4 warrior, but they pass both pinning and morale. I take down a mega nob and Ghazzie kills a single beastmaster (hitting on sixes must suck). We tie combat.

Objectives achieved: Hungry for glory.

We rolled a dice and the game continues.

My turn 6:

Objectives drawn: Secure obj 4, behind enemy lines and hungry for glory.

Movement: Jetbikes move off obj 5 towards a ruin near the ork table edge and the remaining venom moves up behind the ruin where the wraith knight was but stays in sight of the lootas. Warriors stay put.

Psychic phase: Jetseer casts prescience and invisibilty on the beasts again.

Shooting: The warriors in the ruins finish off the trukk that transported Ghazzie last turn with a blaster and the warriors inside the remaining venom take out trukk near the factorum. The venom wipes out the last 2 lootas.

Assault: A beast master issues a challenge and Ghazzie accepts. Combat has the beastmaster take a power claw to the face but I wound Ghazzie once and wipe out the last mega nob and win combat, but he passes morale.

Objectives achieved: Secure obj 4, behind enemy lines for 1 and hungry for glory for 1.

Orks turn 6:

Movement: The orks in the factorum break from cover and move towards objective 5, while the grots and shock attack gun stay still.

Shooting: The shock attack gun fires at the warriors again but misses. Orks run onto obj 5.

Assault: Ghazzie challenges me and I decline. Combat has me wound him twice and he misses with ever attack but still passes morale.

Objectives achieved: Secure obj 5.

We rolled another dice and the game continues.

My turn 7:

Objectives drawn: Secure obj 3, overwhelming firepower and no prisoners.

Movement: The venom moves into rapid fire range of the orks on obj 5, as does the previously pinned warriors. Nothing else moves.

Psychic phase: Jetseer casts prescience and invisibilty on his unit again.

Shooting: The venom and warriors reduce the ork mob down to 3 boys and wound the nob but they pass morale.

Assault: Ghazzie challenges me and I decline. Combat has neither side do anything.

Objectives achieved: Secure obj 3.

Orks turn 7:

Movement: Didn't bother.

Shooting: Didn't bother.

Assault: The beasts and Ghazzie do nothing to each other.

Objectives achieved: None.

It seemd that the ork player learned a bit from last time. Taking some lootas and putting his big meks and a unit was much smarter and could be a bigger threat to me. However, putting them so far back so I couldn't shoot them off the board turn 1 backfired. I was able to use the terrain to hide from his guns when I had to move up the board, plus most of the objectives were either middle of the table or in my deployment zone, so he had to get most of his army up the table. Of course if they were further up the borad and in cover, they would've had an obscene amount of splinter fire thrown at them till they dropped.

What this did was allow me to stay out of loota range and line of sight of the shock attack guns and pick aprt the rest of his army while a good chunk of his points were sitting in the back doing nothing until I chose to get into range. While I like that teleport power with the weirdboy, I don't think that doing it turn one was a smart move overall. There was nothing else in range to support them and they ended up having to take on my entire army at once.

That mob of boys was nearly a third of his army and if he didn't get so lucky with saves from shooting and rolling a 1 on mob rule in combat, the should've been broken in combat and run down on my turn 2. I may have waited another turn and had Ghazzie rush up alongside them, even if I had a good chance of the scourges and wraith knight wrecking his trukk if he didn't. If they didn't deepstrike that turn, may as well straight say I'm waiting to rush you with everything so please blow up my transports. Still would've done it all at once anyways as that would've given him the best chance.

Damn I love invisibilty, even though it's horribly broken. Having a bunch of fearless, prescienced, invisble beasts go toe to toe with Ghazzie and come off being better was quite funny, and even more so when I killed half his unit on overwatch(though shouldn't have happened). Too bad Gw, looks like I found a way around the nerfs you gave to the unit!

Final score: 17 for me( secure obj 3x2, 4x2, 5x3, 6x2, assassinate for 1, behind enemy lines for 1, hungry for glory for 1, ascendancy for 3, first blood and line breaker) to 5 for the orks( secure obj 2, 5, blood and guts for 1, no prisoners for 1 and hungry for glory for 1).

Aftermath: Later bros.

End.

Pictures.

Army set up.

You've got to be kidding me "squishes big mek".

So this teleporting plan of yours, was it good for you?

Greatest Ork in the galaxy, losing to a wizard on a flying bike and some pigeons!`
Last edited by Hedonismbot on Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

IngenuityGap
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by IngenuityGap » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:20 pm

Commander Name: Lord of Flies vs Imperial Knight Baron
Faction: Daemons w/CSM allies vs Imperial Knights w/Eldar Allies
Subfaction: Tzeentch/Nurgle vs Unnamed Imperial Knight planet
Alliance: CAAI
Planet Targeted: Chantillix
Game Size Played: 1850
Did your opponent agree this was a fluffy/thematic list? If so, what was the theme they described it to be?: Yes, Daemon Invasion
Were weather effects used? If so, which one was generated?: No
Were character injuries used?: No
Did you try the Strategic Missions Packet? If so which mission?: None
Result: Daemons were tabled by the Adamantine Lance
CP Earned: 4
7th Circle Chaos Daemons
Imperial Knights House Terryn
Adeptus Mechanicus - Skitarii, Cult Mechanicus, Imperial Knights
Tau

mrshadowguy
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by mrshadowguy » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:36 am

Commander Name: Farseer Karaeth
Faction: Eldar
Subfaction: Forces of Craftworld Talaini
Alliance: Eldar Alliance
Planet Targeted: Kezvo
Game Size Played: 3 way FFA 1000 points each
Did your opponent agree this was a fluffy/thematic list? If so, what was the theme they described it to be?: Yes, Wraith Lord's backing up Dire Avengers
Were weather effects used? If so, which one was generated?: No
Were character injuries used?: Yes, Injury to vision
Did you try the Strategic Missions Packet? If so which mission?: None
Result: Victory, 6 - 2 - 5
CP Earned: 8
Last edited by mrshadowguy on Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That one dude on that one forum with the Squrtile picture.

mrshadowguy
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by mrshadowguy » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:50 am

There were 3 players, 1000X3 is 3000, which rounds to 1500 point normal game.
That one dude on that one forum with the Squrtile picture.

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:23 pm

What about games where you play the apocalypse rules with 500 points per side?
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.