Battle Report Thread (OLD - NA Campaign)

For older stuff.
Lionic
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Location: somewher over the prysmatic refection of visible light in dihydrogen monoxide percipitaition

Re: Battle Reports Thread

Post by Lionic » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:58 pm

how did i know hedo would post first
The question is, do oil your war machines... or feed them

Nexus_Crawler
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:41 am

Commander Name: Alacer
Faction: Space Marines
Subfaction: Dark Angels
Alliance: Alliance of Order
Planet Targeted: Chantilix
Game Size Played: 2k Doubles.
Was this a fluffy/thematic list?: Fluffy! Bikes and terminators working in unison.
Were weather effects used? If so, which one was generated?: I cant fint the rules for these
Were character injuries used?: There were no injuries to Alacer.
Result: Loss. 8 to 10
CP Earned: 4 CP (2 for earning a loss in a skirmish battle and 2 for using a fluffy list.)

Alacer, the lord captain of the Dark Angels second company, launched an assaunt on the seditious forces of Chaos marines dedicated to Slaanesh on the surface of Chantilix. Supported by the firepower of the Astra Militarum Alacer had planned on disrupting the command structure of the chaos forces by decapitating it leadership. Upon reaching the battlefield the 2nd company realized that this would not be such a simple battle as the chaos forces had aligned themselves with a squadron of Tau separatists to reach some mutually benificial ends. Teleportation pylons were set up to move crates of some valuable mineral to locations unknown ant the tau were quickly feeding the last remaining boxes as the battle commenced.

Sweeping up the left flank three squads of Ravenwing tore into the defending Noise Marines; launching wave after wave of bolter salvo into the traitor bastards. Lumbering land raideres struggling to keep up push onward to support the assault into the flank but as soon as they were able to unload their deadly cargo they were laid low by the devilish trickery of a squad of fire warriors.

The Astra militarum, being evenly spaced over the battlefield, caused the enemy forces to spread out and allow the Ravenwing flanking maneuver to encounter only minimal resistance as it reached the Chaos Lord - Lucius the eternal. The Champion of the Chaos God Slaanesh and a Lord Commander of the Emperor's Children, Lucius tore into the ranks of Ravenwing and left a corpse in the wake of each challenge. Knowing the strength of this foe, Alacer ordered his command squad to open fire with the bike mounted plasma weaponry unique to the Dark Angels and reduced Lucius and his retinue into a heap of molten slag.

By this time the terminators had secured the left flank but all was lost... the teleportation pylons had finished sending the very last loads of cargo and had self destructed leaving no clues as to where the chaos forces were sending their mystery goods.

-----------------------------------

As an aside; terminators are poo! Why do I love them so much? I have over 40. Sad panda...
--Necrons, Dark Angels--
--Connoisseur of fine Cheese--

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:31 pm

Commander Name: First Acolyte Valearon
Faction: Chaos Space Marines
Subfaction: Word Bearers Legion, 87th Host
Alliance:None yet/unaligned
Planet Targeted: Kezvo
Game Size Played: 500pts
Was this a fluffy/thematic list?: Yes(Dark Apostle, cultists and Chaos Space marines in a rhino)
Were weather effects used? If so, which one was generated?: No
Were character injuries used?: No
Result: Victory.
CP Earned: 7(Victory 5, Fluffy army 2)

Having made planet fall First Acolyte Valearon wasted no time in establishing a beachhead. Taking a small task force of veteran battle brothers he managed to make contact with the established cult 'Companions of the Word'. Shortly after the first acolyte and his forces engaged a space marine patrol force to secure local hab blocks and dispatched of the imperial lapdogs with negligible losses(8-9 cultists to be exact).

So yeah a quick 500p battle, hence the lack of pictures. We use a slightly different force org chart, that does not require an HQ unit, due to the small point limit, my army followed the normal force organisation chart regardless. The lists were as follows:

Word Bearers:

First Acolyte Valearon(Dark Apostle)(Warlord)
Mark of Khorne(He's a swinger)
Burning Brand of Skalathrax

20 Cultists
2 Flamers

10 CSM
Veterans of the Long War
Extra CC weapons
2x Plasma
Lightning Claw+Meltabomb(champ)

Rhino
Havoc Launcher

Space Marines(ultramarines):

5 Vanguard Veterans
Thunderhammer+Stormshield Sergeant(Warlord)
2x Stormshield
2x Single Lightning Claw

5 Assault Marines
Flamer

5 Tactical Marines
Plasma Gun

Razorback(TL HB)

5 Scouts
4 Snipers
1 HB

All in all balanced lists, but due to overwhelming firepower(from Bolters) and the burning brand, the space marines melted like snow on a hot summer's day. We called the game on the start of my opponents 4th turn, as all he had left was his razorback and his scouts and all I lost was a couple of cultists.

Luck was a factor as my opponent didn't roll too well for his saves and I made a couple of 3+ saves for a change!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

balangaz
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by balangaz » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:03 am

Commander Name: Lil'Stompa da Konkerer
Faction: Proppa green Orks
Subfaction: Goffs
Alliance: - - - - -
Planet Targeted: Sub-sector Yina - 612
Game Size Played: Raid - 1k
Was this a fluffy/thematic list: Yes, Goff Nobz and MANz leading the assault against the Planet to set up a base.
Were weather effects used? If so, which one was generated?: Yes, Meteor Shower
Were character injuries used?: We decided that we would use it but only for the Orks, no one died though.
Result: Orks WAAAAGH successfully
CP Earned: 10

Played an unbound list that was what I could easily get from the boxes. 3 Warbosses, one with mega armour and Da Lucky Stikk and 2 riding bikes with PK, one of them with the Relic Bike; a group of 7 Nobz with Waaagh! banner, bosspole and PK, a group of 5 MANz and vanilla Battlewagons to give them a ride.

She built her list w/o me looking at it and it turned out very good. She used a kitted out Wolf Lord (double Wolf Claws, Runic Armor, Wulfen Stone), a WGBL (Frost Sword, Runic Armor), both on Thunderwolves, a Divination Rune priest with Force Sword, 2 Grey hunter packs in drop pods with a plasma on a guy and a Sergeant in TDA, combi plasma and Storm Shield, and a Long Fangs pack with 3 Lascannons.

The board was set up and I got to chose for her to deploy first. We rolled on the Environmental Effects and got Meteorite Storm which I knew would screw me over.

I chose for her to begin since I wanted to try to force her to drop units near and charging them right of the bat.

She placed her Rune Priest with the Long Fangs near the front, up on a tower, and the Thunderwolves on the side to flank me.

I deployed my wagons on the far side from the Thunderwolves and hid my Biker Warbosses behind them.

Turn 1 - SW: She rolled for 2 Meteors. A drop pod fell behind the bikers, the Thunderwolves moved forward and long fangs stood still. Priest casted Divination on LF and I failed to deny it.

Her Meteorites fell and one hit a BW, but failed to penetrate, glancing the one with MANz with the Boss . The GH unit opened fire on the bikes and failed to wound them, but made them jink. The Long Fangs shot at the same wagon the metor hit and pen onc3e but rolled a 1+2 and got crew shaken. Thunderwolves ran 4 in.

Turn 1 - Orks: Got 2 meteors myself. Bikers bosses moved back a little nearing the GH and split into 2 units, both BW moved forward.

Both meteors missed the drop pod, warbosses shot the GH and the Blitzbike killed one GH. BW moved flat-out to make the SW life harder.

First Warboss declared the charge and took no damage during overwatch. Both Warbosses made into combat. GH rolled and got Counter-Charge active. All 8 GH attacked and dealt one wound, I took it on the unwounded boss. Both warbosses attacked and killed 5 GHs. They passed morale and stayed in combat.

SW - Turn 2: SW got 2 meteors, Drop Pod didn't came in. Thunderwolves neared the MANz BW. Long Fangs stayed still.

Priest rolled 1 extra psychic die and failed to cast divination on LF.

The meteors both rolled hit on the scatter die but scatterd 5 and 6 inches, missing the S10 hit center. LF shot the MANz battlewagon and took off another Hull point, leaving it to 1.

The thunderwolves declared a charge and took no damage during overwatch. They rolled double 1s but fleet got them there. Wolf Lord alone got 6 hits, 4 pens and 1 glance, rolled one 6 and exploded the MANz wagon - FIRST BLOOD! MANz and Warboss took one wound, and a MANz suffered it randomly. They passed their morale check.

GH got one wound on the biker boss but got wiped out by their Power Klaws.

Orks - Turn 2: Orks got 1 Meteor. Bikers moved a little towards the Drop Pod so they could stay in range to hunt the next one that would eventually come in. The Nobz BW moved further and disembarked them near the Long Fangs. MANz and Warboss moved to get themselves as close as possible to the Thunderwolves.

The first meteor hit the Drop Pod with it's center hole and exploded it 4 inches, failing to wound the Bikes. Because of that they flat-out moved towards the middle of the table but were too far from the action to help with this turn's charges. MANz shot but failed to wound the Thunderwolves. Nobz shot and Rune Priest took a wound.

MANz and Warboss successfully charged the Thunderwolves and took no damage during overwatch. Thunderwolves made their Counter-Charge roll. Nobz charged the Long Fangs with the 9 inches they needed but lost one nob to the Lascannon Overwatch. LF made their Counter-Charge roll.

Wolf Lord dealt 5 wounds but Warboss saved them all. WGBL dealt 2 wounds but Warboss saved them all. Lucky Stikk rules when you are not facing AP2 weapons. The MANz (S9) dealt 6 wound and the Wolf Lord failed 4 invulnerable saves on his 4+. 4Warboss dealt 3 S10 hits and took out the WGBL - WARLORD KILL!

Nobz charged and Rune Priest issued a Challenge. I had to accept and felt bad because I knew I'd lose my Power Klaw... Rune Priest rolled 2 hits and no Wounds! I was a happy green panda there. Long Fangs took out another nob with 2 wounds but were wiped out, with an extra wound killing the Rune Priest who was already wounded.

SW - Turn 3: SW got 2 Meteors. Drop Pod came in and dropped near the Nobz.

First meteor hit 2 MANz with the S4 part and failed to wound. Second Meteor fell right on top of a MANz and hit another with S4, killing the one with the S10 hit. Grey Hunters shot their plasma and killed another Nob. Bolters took out a wound of another Nob.

Orks - Turn 3: Orks got 3 Meteors. Bikers ran towards the new group of GH. Warboss moved up, Nobz got closer to the GH.

I decided not to use the Meteors, it was too much of a risk. Bikers flat-out towards the GH so they could be of use. Nobz fired but dealt no damage.

Nobz declared a charge and a Nob took a wound during Overwatch. GH rolled double 6s and failed their Counter-Charge roll. His Wolf Guard sergeant issued a challenge and my Nob Boss accept it. His sergeant dealt 1 damage to my Boss Nob, and his unit dealt another wound, taking another Nob out. Nobz hit back but killed just one. Nob Boss got 3 PK wounds but the damned sergeant saved all of them on his Storm Shield.

SW - Turn 4: Space Wolves gor 1 Meteor.

He placed the meteor on top of the MANz but scattered way off.

During challenge his Sergeant failed to wound the Nob Boss, and the unit took a wound off a new Nob. The Nobs dealt no damage to the unit and the Boss Nob dealt 3 wounds again, but the sergeant saved them all.

Orks - Turn 4: Didn't roll for meteors. Called a WAAAAGH!!! MANz moved and got 11 inches away from the GH. Bikes approached but wouldn't be able to charge if MANz made their charge.

Ran the MANz 5 inches.

Declared the charge with the MANz, roled a 5 and a 2, rerolled the 2 and got a 6, getting 2 units to base to base for hammer of wrath.

GH decided to focus their attacks on the Nobz and killed the wounded one. The sergeant dealt 1 wound and the Nob Boss saved it. Nobz killed a single Grey Hunter, Nob Boss dalt 1 wound and the freaking Storm Shield save it again! MANz dealt 11 wounds and killed the remaining GH, wounds spilled over and the Sergeant failed his 3++, finally.

She decided to call it since a single Drop Pod wouldn't do anything.

Overview: I think dhe used the Thunderwolves wrong going after my MANz and not my regular Nobz. Both had a Waaagh banner but she would have chewed trhough the regular Nobz with their AP3 and higher Initiative, a mistake I think she won't make again. I think that Plasma Drop Pods are good but their better in a 10 man squad with 2 plasma and a plasma pistol, the TDA didn't help to soak wounds as she expected.

I was really afraid of those Thunderwolves and I think that if she had used them a little better I would be a goner. She was also a bit greedy with the first Drop Pod but I think she thought she would take at least one Biker Boss, only she forgot they could Jink!

I felt it was a close game until I killed the Thunderwolves, then she was just taking a proppa beating.
Oi, ya git! Get ya lazy arse roight into our Group Builds! Be da best Mek and loot all da pieces!

balangaz
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by balangaz » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:10 am

Commander Name: Lil'Stompa da Konkerer
Faction: Proppa green Orks
Subfaction: Goffs
Alliance: CAAI
Planet Targeted: 612
Game Size Played: 1300 points
Was this a fluffy/thematic list?: Yes, Armoured Krumpany against SW Elite
Were weather effects used? If so, which one was generated?: We rolled and none were active.
Were character injuries used?: Yes, Big Mek Skullskrew was Knocked Out; Wolf Lord Uril had his Relic armor sundered by the amount of shots recieved, WGBL cannot be used again on SW side, Rune Priests cannot be used again on SW side.
Results: Orks 6 x Space Wolves 7 - Space Wolves Victory!
CP Earned: Orks 8; Space Wolves 16

Orks deploy first. SW Deploy second, Bjorn goes at the table because he can hurt stuff. SW Failed to steal initiative.

Orks - Turn 1: All battlewagons move full speed ahead, and a couple of lootas have to get out of the way.

The battlewagon with the MANz doesn't have range so it moves flat-out, the other two fire at the Long Fangs and miss their target, but their Big Shootas deal 3 unsaved wounds, taking one wound out of the Rune Priest and killing 2 Long Fangs. Boys inside fire at the Long Fangs and miss. Lootas fire and take one Wound out of the Rune Priest but he Look our Sir and kills the Long Fang Sergeant.

Space Wolves - Turn 1: Drop Pods fall in front of the boys BW. The first one almost scatters off the table with a 12" roll but sticks. Bjorn moves on top of some rubble to get clear line of sight at the lootas. Wolf Lord and his unit move up closer to the edge.

Rune Priest cast divination at the Long Fangs and succeeds with a couple of 5s, Orks fail to dispel.

Bjorn fires and gets 7 hits on the lootas, they go to ground but 5 of them die. Long Fangs fire at the MANz Battlewagon but get only a Crew Shaken. Drop Pods fire at the Lootas and take another 3 of them out. Grey Hunters w/o the TDA shoot their 3 melta shots and wiff, taking only 1 Hull Point which the KFF saved. The other group, however, explodes a BW and hurts everthing around 5", taking out the Terminator leading them and 6 boys inside the vehicle. Lootaz fail their morale test and run 7", almost out of the table. Boys that were on the BW that blew up roll a 5 and pass their morale save.

Orks - Turn 2: lootaz Regroup. Boys move up near the Grey Hunters. Other Battlewagons remain still.

Lootas shoot at the Long Fangs but deal no wounds. Boys shoot at the Grey Hunters and kill only one. MANz fire their kombi-Rokkits and deal no wounds. MANz battlewagon fire their Big Shootas at the Grey Hunters and kill another, Killkannon fire and kill 3 more. The remaining boys BW fire all their shots and kill one Grey hunter from the other squad. Boys inside the Wagon fire at the Grey hunters and kill one more. ALl Grey Hunters squad pass their morale save.

Boys charge the Grey Hunters and take no damage from overwatch. they make their charge and Grey Hunters fail their Counter Charge roll. Grey Hunters fail to wound and are wiped out

Space Wolves - Turn 2: Drop Pod doesn't come in. Bjorn moves up a little more but can't see much more except the MANz wagon. Thunderwolf Lords move near the Boyz on foot.

Rune Priest cast Divination on the Long Fangs but Orks deny it.

Bjorn glances the MANz wagon. Long Fangs miss their rolls. Drop Pods kill one boy. Meltas fail to even glance the Boys Wagon.

Grey Hunters charge the Wagon to try and take it off the board, boys overwatch and kill 2 Hunters. Wolf Lords charge the boys on foot and a Fenrisian dies looking out for his Lord. Lords wipe out all the unit w/o any other casualty. Grey Hunters deal 3 glances on the Boys Wagon.

Orks - Turn 3: MANz Wagon move 6 and MANz disembark to ner the Thunderwolves.

Boyz Wagon shoots at the Long Fangs but they save all wounds. MANz wagon shoots at the Thunderwolves but Lord saves it all on his 2+. Boys fire at the Grey Hunters but only one dies. Lootas shoot at the Long Fangs wiping all the unit out. MANz shoot at the Thunderwolves but del no damage.

MANz charge the Thunderwolf Lords, and Lords pass their Counter-Charge roll. Lord hits and deals one unsaved wound against a MANz and he fails his Strength Test and is removed from play. MANz deals 2 wounds but Lord tanks them with his Storm Shield. WGBL takes one MANz down and wounds the other.

Space Wolves - Turn 3: Bjorn moves near the MANz Wagon. Grey Hunters move back from the Boys Wagon.

Bjorn fires his Hellfrost Cannon at the side of the MANz Wagon misses. Grey Hunters fires the last melta at wagon and misses.

Bjorn charges the MANz wagon but fails. Grey hunters charges the Wagon another dies. They fail to glance it to death. Thunderwolf Lord Kills last MANz.

Orks - Turn 4: Everything stays still.

Lootas fire at the Lords but manages to kill only the dogs, the Lord saves 7 wounds. All Wagons fire at the Thunderwolves and their firepower combined manages to kill the WGBL but the WOlf Lord remains unscratched. Boys fire at them and kills the Wolf Lord with Slugga Shots! They'll spend their next turn firing up into the air just to celebrate the triple 1s she rolled!

Space Wolves - Turn 4: Drop Pod comes in. Bjorn moves up near the MANz Wagon. The Grey Hunters move to get a clean shot out of the Lootaz.

Bjorn mangles the MANz Wagon as if it were toilet paper, blowing it up 6" with no one around. Grey Hunters shoot and miss all their shots, again.

Orks - Turn 5: Everything stays still.

Wagon fire at the Grey Hunters killing them all. Lootas fire at one Drop Pod and fail to glance it. Boys inside the Wagon fire their 2 rokkits at the Drop Pod and do nothing.

Space Wolves - Turn 5: Bjorn moves up near the lootas.

Bjorn fire at the lootas and kills 3 of them. Drop pod fire at lootas and fail to wound. Lootas fail their Morale check and flee from the map.

Overview: All in all my list was terrible compared to hers. Her alpha strike failed because she rolled terrible on her melta rolls, she should have exploded both Boys BW turn 1, which would have created a terrible situation for me.

My lootas underperformed this game, and I think that having to compete with Battlewagons is too hard on them. When I could get them rolling on a BW and shooting with no fear of them running they were great, this time they did on 5 turns what they used to do on 2. Maybe double detachment and boys on Trukks might help me with this.

Next game I'll try Tau allies to see if they can hold off the SW Drop Pod alpha strike.

Pics will be up when they finish uploading.
Oi, ya git! Get ya lazy arse roight into our Group Builds! Be da best Mek and loot all da pieces!

Kiara
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by Kiara » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:27 am

Should have been a much easier victory, shame the dice Gods weren't smiling down on me tonight.

balangaz

Post by balangaz » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:13 am

Thank you, Hedonismbot, I do feel my tactics were lacking this game but next game I'll have something special waiting for next game

Nexus_Crawler
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:59 pm

Commander Name: Alacer
Faction: Space Marines
Subfaction: Dark Angels
Alliance: ORDER!
Planet Targeted: Maskrati - Agri World.
Game Size Played: 2k
Was this a fluffy/thematic list?: Yep!
Were weather effects used? If so, which one was generated?: Yes. Rolled a 5. No effect.
Were character injuries used?: Yes; HQ took no wounds / injuries
Result: Win. Tabled the opponent. 2 - 15+
CP Earned: 10 victory + 6 Bonus CP = 16.

After the escape of Chaos forces from Chantilix, Alacer of the Dark Angels second company and hie retinue returned back to their orbeting cruiser to re-assess their collected intelligence regarding the assassination of the previous Lord of the Ravenwing. While discussing strategy with the inner circle, a message of high priority came through on an emergency channel from the Agri World of Maskrati within the same system!

A band of marauding Eldar Corsairs (and their Dark Eldar brothers) have been raiding the small settlements of the southern continent. Local military forces were not sufficient to deter the Xenos menace and the planetary governance was pleading for assistance. Immediatly, Alacer the Bard ordered his small armada of cruisers and support craft to break orbit and set course for Maskrati.

A farseer of the Eldar glimpsed a battle and fortified his position with wave serpents and heavy artillery. The Dark Angels deployed a force of conscripts to support the astrates as they moved to cleanse the planet of this horrific taint.

The battle was quick and decisive. The marines quickly closing to engage enemy skimmers and jetbikes to reduce their mobility; unable to move the eldar were cut down.

More pictures soon to come.

Before the Battle was barely even begun the Farseer fell to a Dark Angel Psyker and begged for mercy for the men and women of the eldar.

In exchange for his life, the Xenos Looked into the mind of the Guard conscriots and learned of the quest to avenge the great Sammael and devined a terrable truth! The master if the ravenwing was not dead at all but was being tortured by cultists in an attempt to turn him to Chaos and, in doing so, gain faivor of the chaos gods. The only other piece of information the farseer could give is that Sammael was located on Vana Prime. And that time is of the essence.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:16 am

Hedonismbot wrote:How nice of you to come visit me on Vana prime. Don't worry, I'll make your stay a very memorable one.
You are going to make me cookies!? I LOVE cookies.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:35 pm

Hedonismbot wrote:Most likely it's a trap, but I had nothing to do with it, though I wish I did.
Hah. Yup. I'll let you in on a secret, Hedonism.... That Farseer is a royal dick and tips off the cultists well before the DA can make planetfall. He will probably need to be hunted down later and made to answer for his treachery :) Since the DE were there as a supporting force we can say that you had something to do with it; using your mortal enemy to do your dirty work for you certainly sounds like eldar trickery.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Necrons 4eva
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Necrons 4eva » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:46 pm

Commander Name: Phaeron Nosnibor
Faction: Necrons
Subfaction: Resokakh Dynasty
Alliance: CAAI
Planet Targeted: Chantilax
Game Size Played: 10,000 Apocalypse
Was this a fluffy/thematic list?: no (with so many points I had to pull out all my resouces)
Were weather effects used? If so, which one was generated?: no
Were character injuries used?: no
Result: win
CP Earned: 30

When the armies of the Necrons and the chaos space marines first saw eachother, they had every intention of destroying the other. However, a massive space marine force arrived just as the fighting was about to begin. The Necrons and chaos space marines decided to deal with the space marines before they would face off against themselves.
As the battle began, both the bike wielding nurgle lord and the Phaeron found themselves locked in combat with a chapter master. When the Phaeron and lord realized that they could not finish off the captain, the called for help. 20 Necron warriors and 30 cultists rushed in and slaughtered the chapter master. The space marines, leader-less and disorganized, fell back. Despite heavy casualties, the Necrons and chaos space marines were able to claim a victory.

I there was far to much carnage to keep track of the play by play, but the battle went something like this. He used 5 drop pods and 4 rhinos, all of which were halfway up the field by turn 2. But because I was able to immobilize or wreck most of them, the entire battlefield was blocked off from tanks moving freely. A meat grinder ensued as landraiders and vindicators were facing off against ghost arks and chaos land raiders. In the end, a single well placed doom scythe shot took out 2 land raiders and a vindicator. The Necrons were able to annihilate the space marines who got up close fast, leaving a few broken squads, a stormraven, and one full land raider crusader left. But the Necrons and chaos had a squad of bikes w/ lord, a Phaeron and 20 warriors, a squad of immortals in a night scythe, a squad of cultists, and a monolith. At this point the marine player admitted defeat, but decided that the warlords needed to fight. Eventually we got tired of no one dying and sent in the infantry to do the dirty work. A fun, massive, and day long game!
Necrons, Resocakh dynasty.
6255 WYSIWYG almost all painted

Chaos Space Marines, 2nd legion
~7000 WYSIWYG half painted

"It isn't the army, its the player."

"Plans are nothing, planning is everything."