MWG 40K Campaign [Phase II Battle Report Thread]

For older stuff.
Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Re: MWG 40K Campaign [Phase II Battle Report Thread]

Post by Aegis » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:39 pm

I posted in the general thread as well, but figured I would hear as well (since I try to keep up on it). I would like sign up, but to completely honest, it is a tad daunting. There is an awful lot of information to sift through, and frankly, I am concerned I would miss some important bit.

However, if it is as simple as signing up, play game, post report, then I would gladly start this week. Truth be told, if I had a bit more available time, I would gladly sift through all the posts and makes heads and tales of it myself, but I just not have that sort of time with the retail holiday season happening...
Former MWG Leland, now just regular, old Leland. Now with more grump!

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

Farseer Oz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Farseer Oz » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:58 am

Name: Farseer Oz
Faction: Order
My Army: Eldar
Enemy Army: Orks with Tau Allies
Win/Loss: Win

Crusade
Eldar 7
Orks 4

Did a batrep on the game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crsIwXgnjsc
Eldar Biel-Tan 18,740 pts - 8,069 pts painted
Chaos Daemons 2,600 pts - 840 pts painted

Farseer Oz
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Farseer Oz » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:18 pm

Unfortunately the only mate I can play these days is the same guy who has a large Ork army and he is building up a Tau army as his second army.

Our Tyranid player is on a break and our Necron player had a kid so he has gone missing and has no time now. Our Space Marine and Guard mate is in the army and he got moved interstate :(

We aren't fan of clubs because our gaming always involves beer, BBQ or pizza's, more beer and a lot of smack talk. But I agree, so variety is needed. I haven't played against the new Chaos Marines, never played against Dark Eldar.
Eldar Biel-Tan 18,740 pts - 8,069 pts painted
Chaos Daemons 2,600 pts - 840 pts painted

Sniperfex
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Sniperfex » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:23 am

Hedonismbot wrote:Sounds like a good bunch of friends you've got there. You've got it made. If you get to play folks like that I wouldn't trade it for the world. Drinking beer and smack talking is half the fun anyways.
all the lads at my group are under 18 >.<

there are 3 over 20... one of them (the owners son) is a very sick person and doesn't venture out the house.

the one who plays guard, is well, a male reproductive organ, and not a very good friend to anyone ¬.¬

and the other one is a 40 year old man who plays Orks, great guy, but he's got a family to look after :roll:
"Do you really want to waste your time
Wake up and live your life
I want to be your chemical ride"

Sniperfex, ruining people's hopes and dreams since 1993

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:58 am

You're doing it right ;)

I used to play with a big group, and there is always going to be a bad egg or two. People used to want to play against me, because I'm laid back and like to have fun so we would enjoy our games even if I was beating you over the head with your own army. I'm the type that laughs hysterically and gets excited when I fail 7 of 9 dangerous terrain tests or lose a game in the first turn.

I had my second child and moved to a new house, so I was out of that scene for a while. I then started gaming with some local guys, beer and pretzel style, and I don't think I've ever had more fun (with the exception of Apoc games).
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Sniperfex
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Sniperfex » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:26 pm

Hedonismbot wrote:Most gaming groups always have that one guy jerk it seems no matter where you go. Where I play we try to ignore that person or just not play them. How do you guys handle it?
ignore him, but unfortunately due to the group's small size, whenever he shows up, someone has to play him anyway

I would list the amount of problems everyone has with this one particular player, but alas. I cannot be bothered to think of all the reasons :roll:

balangaz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by balangaz » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:37 pm

Went to the store where the Blood Angels guy work but instead of playing him I played at a french EDH tournament.

I'll drop by again later today and I'll try to play him but I'm not feeling very excited to play anymore, my playgroup keeps postponing game nights and it's hard to be the only one trying to play.

I have to finish painting my ork army to lay at a tournament in January but it's not looking like it's going to happen...
Oi, ya git! Get ya lazy arse roight into our Group Builds! Be da best Mek and loot all da pieces!

Sniperfex

Post by Sniperfex » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:59 pm

oh I do that all the time, he hasn't beaten me yet...

played him in 500 points a few weeks back

he had 4 veteran squads, 2 chimera, a CCS and a Lord Commissar

I had 10 tactical marines, 5 assault marines, a thunderfire cannon and a Chaplain

I almost tabled him and I only lost a couple of models

Sniperfex

Post by Sniperfex » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:11 pm

oh yes, we point it out, every single time...

yet he see's it as us bullying him ¬.¬

he doesn't want to get along with the younger ones at group because they're "too young", that and he demands respect from everyone without earning it :roll:

balangaz
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by balangaz » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:12 am

Name: Balangaz
Faction: Chaotic Neutral
My army: Orks
Enemy Army: Red Beakies go fasta, round 2 (Blood Angels)
Win/Loss: Win (Orks: Warlord, First blood, Line breaker, 6 Kill Points x BA: Warlord, Line breaker, 5 Kill Points)

Mission/deployment: Side ways, Kill points
Size: 1850

Da Part Too

Ugog and his spanna boys began to rip the stormraven apart and he almost forgot about the jagged stone he was after with all the shiny new gubbins he had to work with. He would be able to build at least a couple more Mega Armour suits and would use the teeth to acquire more parts for his own Meka Dread, which he would then use to collect back the teeth he just spent on it's parts!

Unfortunately a grot had payed attention and reminded him about their mission, and for that Ugog rewarded him with a krump on the head and a field promotion to overseer, charged to collect the scraps, which meant nothing really since grots don't really listen to no other grot anyway.

While Ugog entered the rat bunker he could feel the energy emanating from the stone. It was as if thousands of boys were amassed together ready to jump into battle, strong as the energy a Stompa generated on surrounding units, as WAAAGH-tastic as unorky energy could be. Ugog decided right then and there that he would use that power to push away all humans, Space Marines, Eldar and the likes from the planet and propel the WAAAGH to all nearby systems.

Ugog was returning to the ork camp, studying and guarding the stone from grots who kept trying to eat, touch or just shock another grot with it, when the Blood Angels attacked, dropping from the skies with Pods and Stormravens. They were not only after the stone but now they wanted vengeance for their fallen brothers.
Unorky gitz and deir unorky taktics! At least we get to kill more beakies before work! Boys! Shoot'em down from da air and krump'em 'ard!

The game

More or less the army as before for him but now with more drop pods. Again, I went first and made it hard for him to melta my vehicles bubblewrapping them with a couple of boys. Only this time he gave histhe sternguards combi-flamers, not meltas...

His sternguard squad dropped turn 1 and nearly flamed to death a whole squad of 20 boys, leaving 2 behind and not getting first blood from it. They went to ground behind an Aegis and proceeded to roll 2+ for the entire round.

The boys embarked the Battlewagons and the large volume of fire took care of the sterguards. Lootas blew up the drop pod and the rest of the game he kept trying to catch up, with the lucky melta pen on the Stormraven after it entered the battlefield and burned down taking almost an entire squad of terminators with it. Mephiston killed both my Warbosses in CC but died to lootas.

I'm happy not to play Guard anymore since I spent a whole year playing against the same army over, and after the game we went over his newly acquired Chaos Deamon army that he wants to test out with the new codex.

We played EDH after and I destroyed his Ruric Thar with my Geist. He said that if I keep winning everything form him in his own store he won't not let me in next time.

Super fun times, and green iz still da best
Oi, ya git! Get ya lazy arse roight into our Group Builds! Be da best Mek and loot all da pieces!

balangaz

Post by balangaz » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:37 am

I had some MANz made out of AoBR boys and TDAs but they were too small for my liking. I'll paint one up as a looted BA and post as the result of my lootings, maybe even play it against him next time hahaha

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:06 pm

Name: Aegis
Faction: Imperial
My Army: Adepta Sorotitas
Enemy Army: Traitor Guard
Win/Loss: Draw

Mission: The Scouring/Vanguard
Size: 1750
Last edited by Aegis on Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former MWG Leland, now just regular, old Leland. Now with more grump!

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

mrshadowguy
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by mrshadowguy » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:14 pm

Name:Mrshadowguy
Faction:Order
My Army:Eldar
Enemy Army:Tyranids
Win/Loss:Win
That one dude on that one forum with the Squrtile picture.

Necrons 4eva

Post by Necrons 4eva » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:35 pm

Name: Necrons 4eva
Faction: Chaos Neutral
My Army: Necrons
Enemy Army: Tau-Order
Win/Loss: Win

1500 point game between my friend and I. It was the basic objective mission with 3 objectives (2 on my side and one on his) with short table edge deployment. I got first turn and popped an hammerhead with my heavy destroyers and killed a few kroot. He responded my bringing my ghost ark down one HP and taking a side ark. Next turn my 20 warriors and an overlord came in from reserve while 2/3 of my army continued the relentless advance, Knocking 2 wounds off of the riptide. He proceed to finish my ghost ark and pummel my immortals with his ion accelerator killing 3 of them, but they stayed on their objective. Turn 3, the monolith came in and deepstruck right in front of his gunline, and then it brought out the 20 warriors and the overlord, putting them at the from lines. They were able to kill the other hammerhead and all of his suits. The ghost ark with its payload, the heavy destroyers, and the annihilation barge all continued their relentless advance while the immortals kept the two objectives. He responded by killing 19 warriors and the overlord, but thank god for reanimation. 10 warriors and the overlod stood up and his phylactary gave him back all of his wounds. Turn 4. The warriors and lord got up close and personal with the squad of fire warriors not on an objective. The kroot fell back and the riptide took another wound. At this point, he realizd he had one objective while i had 2, linebreaker and first blood. He conceded after realizing that there was no way he could have won.
Final score N-T 8-3
Necrons, Resocakh dynasty.
6255 WYSIWYG almost all painted

Chaos Space Marines, 2nd legion
~7000 WYSIWYG half painted

"It isn't the army, its the player."

"Plans are nothing, planning is everything."