Katharon
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: MWG 40K Campaign [Phase II Battle Report Thread]

Post by Katharon » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:19 pm

[Next Update Cut Off Point]

Keep it coming guys!

Sniperfex
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Sniperfex » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:44 am

well. I'm going to post a battle report of our following Deathwatch session... It's going to be against Tyranid forces.

Fingers crossed it goes well for the group, seeing as I'm going to be helping the Imperial Forces with my Deathwatch sessions. It may give you guys (In the Imperial Forces) some extra points

because I'm nice like that, but in all honesty, if hedonism keeps playing the way he's playing, he can win the campaign by himself
"Do you really want to waste your time
Wake up and live your life
I want to be your chemical ride"

Sniperfex, ruining people's hopes and dreams since 1993

Farseer Oz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Farseer Oz » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:37 pm

Name: Farseer Oz
Faction: Order
My Army: Eldar
Enemy Army: Orks
Win/Loss: Win

Relic
Size 1k

Short on time so can't write a big report. As with most relic games it was just a big mash in the middle. Ork's rushed into the middle to grab the relic, to just be cut down by the Eldar firepower. A crucial failed charge roll by the Orks was the difference between victory and loss. The Ork reserves arrived too late in the game as well which hurt.

Eldar grabbed the Relic in turn 6 to win 3 to 2.

Eldar 3 - Holding the relic
Orks 2 - First Blood & Warlord
Eldar Biel-Tan 18,740 pts - 8,069 pts painted
Chaos Daemons 2,600 pts - 840 pts painted

balangaz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by balangaz » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:42 pm

Name: Balangaz
Faction: Chaotic Neutral
My army: Orks
Enemy Army: Imperial Guard
Win/Loss: Win

Mission/deployment: Big Guns
Size: 1850

Same list as last time, IG Guard did something different. 3 Vendettas with flamer vets, 4 Manticores, 3 Plasma vets and one CCS w/ 4 plasmas on Chimeras, blob with lascannon. He finally noticed that his former list was amazing against drop podding SW but awful against mine, so he tailored lol

Deployment:

Mine was pretty standard, gun line, boys wagons on one side, MANz on the other, two biker bosses on the side, lootas and fire warriors on the middle behind aegis.

His was 2 Manticore on each side, 2 vet chimeras on the left and one on the right, CCS on the right, blob behind aegis. LR are Manticores as the only one he has was one converted by me.

No Nightfighting. IG didn't stole initiative.

My battery ran out after uploading these two and then I got stolen so no more... Also, those boxes are being used because the place I game threw away all the terrain I made... Can you say great day for gaming?

Ork Turn 1: That theros big box divided the game in two for me as nothing had LoS to anything on the other side. Left: Biker bosses flat-out moving close to the couple of manticores, one boys BW moved up and the other stood still. Rigth: lootas stunned one Manticore on the far side and wrecked the other, Riptide blew up the plasma CCS chimera and wonded 5 times. All 6's on their armor saves. MANz wagon moved flat out.

IG Turn 1: Single Manticore on the right on the right wiped an entire unit of lootas from the table, one of the Manticores on the left took 3 hull points with glances (!!!) out of the boys BW on the back, the other wiffed. Blob blew up MANz wagon but no wounds there. Vets shot Riptide but shield drone held all the shots. Plasma vets on the left flatted out to the right to encounter the Riptide.

Orks turn 2: Left: Biker bosses split up blew up one Manticores each. Boys wagon moves further on their side. Right: MANz charged the very edge of the blob, kill a couple but take 1 wound. Riptide destroyed one Chimera and immobilized another. Lootas sit on their thumbs and kill one vet far away.

IG turn 2: Two Vendettas comes in. Quad gun shoots one Vendetta but it jinks. Riptide shoots the other blows it up. The jinked one uses lucky dices and blows up the boys wagon, One manticore kills 4 out of 10 lootas and the other 2 out of 9 Fire Warriors. All Vets and CCS unload at Riptide leaving it at 2 Wounds.

Orks turn 3: Left: Biker bosses become one unit and charge the blob to help free the MANz. Boys move up near the IG back objective, back on my deployment zone boys disembark their BW and hug cover. Right: MANz and Warbosses beat some rats to a pulp, one of the sergeants dies horribly to a challenged Warboss. Riptide flees and hides on the left side of the box from the vets since it can't shoot and overloads into a 3++.

IG Turn 3: Last Vendetta comes in, gets blown up by the Riptide with a single pen after jink saves (I imagined I had no gaming time left with it since it would die next turn), Quad gun didn't shoot at it. Vendetta comes down, drop the flamer vets near my Aegis and fails to kill the Riptide. Flamer vets kills all the Tau, vets start to move over to my side away from the MANz and biker bosses. Blob is killed and they only dealt one damage to two MANz and one to a Warboss on the whole combat.

Ork turn 4: Left: Riptide moves ahead towards the enemy line still hiding from the vets, boys and wagon on the back move near the flamer vets and kill them all but two random guys. Quad gun finished them off. Boys ahead move towards objective and camp hidden behind a Motorola box. Right: Biker Bosses split, and go near the Plasma Vets. MANz move to leave the healthy Nob in front and charge the CCS. One of them dies, they get in combat because of the WAAAGH!!!. Healthier Biker boss charges at the chimera, takes one wound and blows it up killing some guys. The other biker boss charges at them, no wounds taken, and kills the sergeant.

IG Turn 4: Vets unload on biker boss out of combat and kill him. Vendetta flies out of the board, CCS dies horribly.

He calls in the game since it's getting late and he had to go to class. Even so I think it's was very pretty much over.

Additional notes: I had so much luck with my rolls turn 1, if he had a full turn of 4~12 S10 pie plates my army would have been reduced to mush. I also loved this list and since people were starting to get tired of playing against gun line ork I tried to charge at him more this time, which worked because the pressure of the biker bosses on one side with the Riptide on the other was enough for him to lose target focus. Also, Vendettas blow up very easily with Skyfire Melta.
Oi, ya git! Get ya lazy arse roight into our Group Builds! Be da best Mek and loot all da pieces!

Sniperfex
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Sniperfex » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:27 am

how did he take 4 Manticores?

Sniperfex

Post by Sniperfex » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:34 am

Is this the real life?

balangaz
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by balangaz » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:25 am

Sniperfex, He took 4 Manticores because we were playing on Hive Antium where you can use an extra Heavy Support slot.

Ronin,, that's just a plasticard LR, not a printed one. We just got a biig 3d printer but we can only print good rhinos so far
Oi, ya git! Get ya lazy arse roight into our Group Builds! Be da best Mek and loot all da pieces!

Sniperfex

Post by Sniperfex » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:23 pm

oh, and you broke the chain

darn you. darn yooouuuu!

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:31 pm

I love the Vermin IG! Been thinking about converting up a Skaven 'counts as' Dark Eldar army ;)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Sniperfex

Post by Sniperfex » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:22 pm

I was going to post a battle report of what happened in tonights Deathwatch session at the Jeromihah Subsidiary

but no, finish typing it up after an hour of typing... go to post

"you have been signed out of the forum"

I am not typing it out again.

Needless to say it was a massive

0-400+ ratio for the kill team

although the Baneblade helped

Name: Sniperfex
Faction: (I am a part of Order, but this Deathwatch session was played for the Imperial)
Army: Blood Angels Devastator, Space Wolf Techmarine, Raven Guard Tactical Marine, Knight of the Raven Assault Marine. Some NPC guardsman, and an NPC Baneblade, who killed a lot but not really worth noting
Enemy Army: Tyranids
Win/Loss: Win. 0 Deaths to Kill Team, remaining Guardsman, Commander 3 Snipers, 3 troopers. And a Baneblade is ok. Although crew was KIA by Gaunts getting in the compartment.

Tyranid Deaths: 1 Carnifex, 2 Warriors, 1 Prime, 3 Raveners, roughly 60 Gargoyles, roughly 360 Gaunts of various types

Mission: Secure the Bridge
Size: didn't matter. Deathwatch RPG session. There will be more sessions on this in future though.

best moments of note.

when the Raveners burst from the ground, the Raven Guard calmly turned around 50 metres or so away and blew one of their heads off before the Guardsman even had a chance to scream.

The carnifex got injured by the Baneblade, the Demolisher Cannon did 18 wounds out of 100, due to poor damage rolling (I rolled, a 5,2,3 and a 6 I think. +20.) The rest of the weapons fired at other targets, mainly into the horde of gaunts

AND THEN
in the next turn. The Raven Guard calmly switched from crouched to upright and unloaded 4 hellfire rounds into the Carnifex. the first and second shot did nothing.

The third, by the Emperor. it was Righteous Fury after Righteous Fury. needless to say, that 18 wounds quickly sky rocketed to 175. The poor bug only had 100 wounds.

it's as bad as the time a Daemon Prince of Nurgle had 70 wounds done to him via Bolt Pistol.

I just pray I don't see the day when they one hit a titan with a Lasgun

balangaz

Post by balangaz » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:44 pm

Name: Balangaz
Faction: Chaotic Neutral
My army: Orks
Enemy Army: Red Beakies go fasta (Blood Angels)
Win/Loss: Win (Orks: Warlord, Line breaker, Relic x BA: First blood, Line breaker)

Mission/deployment: Relic
Size: 1850

Da road so far

...carry on ya wayward git, there will be krumpin' when we iz done...

At the end of their last battle, after chasing away all the rat soldiers, Lil Stompa's boyz began to loot the once before looted tanks the rat-folk brought to the field. His Meks gave lists of gubbinz, gears, weapons and the likes to their spannaz boyz and grot helpers, which promptly began to grab whatever they felt like looting and began creating a large pile of it in the middle of their camp.

Deep inside the rat base some grots found a strange orb. It floated glowed and was being held by chains, floating around inside one of the rat bunkers. The grots destroyed the chains restraining it and tried to grab it all at once but the jagged orb began to shock and push them away.

One of them decided to call Ugog, a Mek who became a Weirdboy when he tried to overload his brain for the eleventh time, to see if he knew what it was and more importantly, if and how hard could they shove it into a tank barrel to fire it.

When Ugog left the Ork camp heading to the bunker, he saw a small strikeforce of Blood Angels led by a Librarian, Brother Quilus, landing near the rat base with a couple of Stormravens. An ork warband was assembled to repeal the invaders and retrieve the floating orb.
Dem beakie gitz got it alright. Dey painted them plates red and it waz so fast dey got 'ere before we did! C'mom boyz, let'z loot some dread-beakies gubbinz to improve me armour before we 'ave to do real work!
The game

The blood angel player decided to bring the models he had painted, so I was facing a couple of Stormravens with Terminators on them, a furioso dread, a large unit of Death Company and lots of assault marines with meltas and plasmas dropping on Drop Pods. I hate to be at the receiving end of a drop pod lists but playing with one for my whole 5th edition I knew I could deal with it.

I left little to no space for him to drop and fire effectively, unloading a squad of boys and using them as buffers to protect my vehicles and units. He made a lot of threat assessment mistakes focusing on my Lootas rather than trying to get the anti-air Riptide or Quad-gun and even though I told gim at the beginning of the game he didn't realize that my MANz were troops.

He had very bad luck with his reserve rolls which came spreaded among turn 2, 3 and 4 but at least he fought until the very. It was the second time I played with him but the first time I played at his newly-opened gaming store, next time I'll try to take pictures of his terrain, army and all of that. It was a fun place to be and a fun game to play, so I'll definitely be facing more weedy Blood Beakies in the future.
Da green iz da best!