MWG 40K Campaign [Phase II Battle Report Thread]

For older stuff.
Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: MWG 40K Campaign [Phase II Battle Report Thread]

Post by Dez » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:14 am

Name: Dez
Faction: Chaos
My Army: Chaos Space Marines
Enemy Army: Space Wolves/Dark Angels
Win/Loss: Win
Mission: Big Guns Never Tire

This game I ended up playing vs 2 guys, one of our group couldn't make it. Luckily, I have lots of stuff ;) I also LOVE playing big games, but as you might expect we didn't get very far. I had a pure Death Guard army, split into 2 lists so I had 2 Warlords. Typhus, Sorcerer, Lord on Bike, Sorc on Bike, 4 units of Plague Marines, 3 big units of Zombies, a unit of Bikes, Nurgle Spawn, Terminators, 2 Baledrakes, Maulerfiend and 2 Lascannon Preds.

The SW side was meched up: 4 units of Grey Hunters in Rhinos, 3 (maybe 4?) Runepriests, a Lascannon Pred, Dread in Drop Pod, Landspeeder, Vindicator, and a Stormtalon. The DA had 3 units of Terminators and Belial, 3 Ravenwing bikes, 3 Full Tac Squads.

Their first turn they moved up, opened fire on the Maulerfiend and took him out. Now, let me take a moment to sing the praises of the Maulerfiend. Most people might be sad to see a model that was such a labor of love taken out before it did anything, but I was amped. My Maulerfiend soaked up ALL the firepower from their combined armies, leaving everything else of mine untouched. They had both moved directly into range of most of my armies massed firepower as well as assault range.

In my turn, I moved up so I could get my bikes and Spawn into assault and Rhinos into firing range. After lots of Dakka and Explosions there were destroyed Rhinos and Tanks everywhere, and formerly full units whittled down to half strength or below. The Spawn had moved up and assaulted a huge group of terminators in the middle, while the bikers rolled a 3 for their charge range going at a GK squad. DOH! When the smoke cleared, I felt like I was in a good position. I had 2 objectives, they had 2 objectives and we had 1 contested in the middle.

The next turn would be our last, as we had started really late. Yeah I know turn 2, but this was multiple players at a high point rate ;) All their stuff came out of reserves, the Landspeeder scattered on top of Zombies so I put it on the other side of the board. They moved their stuff up, shooting was insignificant besides the Stormtalon taking out a Rhino. No assaults except the Spawn and Terminators who just tarpitted in the center.

Enter the Heldrakes, who moved up the board into position to do bad things. I moved everything I could towards the center objective, even if it was just to support. I opened fire, one heldrake toasting 7 Grey Hunters and the other taking out the only thing on the center objective of theirs: The 2 remaining Ravenwing. I pointed out there that I had 3 objectives to their 2, which at that point the game was 6-2. I could then go on to more shooting and Assaults to claim more points by killing Warlords, but it was really late and time to pack up.

This was a lot of fun, I wish we had time to finish up but I had no car and my buddy who picked me up was running really late. I love playing big games and skirmish size games. I'm hoping to do some Zone Mortalis in the near future!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

speckydave
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by speckydave » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:13 pm

When I can't get down to my local gaming group I used to use picnic blankets with books underneath to act as grassy hills and then there is plenty of terrain you can print out and then stick on the back of a cereal box and stick it together.

Sniperfex
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Sniperfex » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:21 am

Name: Sniperfex
Faction: Order
My Army: Tau
Enemy Army: Space Marines
Mission: Purge the Alien (annihilation)

Game Re-cap:

He set up first and I set up secondly, (he forgot to use his warlord trait but I still used mine, I got the deepstrike without scatter), After deployment I rolled to seize the initiative, and got a 6, which made things easier enough for me

I can't remember much of the game, other than the slaughter that took place :/

it ended in an almost tabled at turn 3, so we shook and called it. He didn't want to continue, all he had left was a Storm Talon, 3 Tactical Marines and badly mauled rhino.

I lost a Fire Warrior, my sunshark and an Interceptor Drone. But I got, First Blood, Slay the Warlord, and Linebreaker
"Do you really want to waste your time
Wake up and live your life
I want to be your chemical ride"

Sniperfex, ruining people's hopes and dreams since 1993

speckydave
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by speckydave » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:54 am

Name: Speckydave
Faction: Imperium
My Army: Knights of the Dragon (Adeptus Astartes)
Enemy Army: Chaos Space Marines/Traitor Guardsmen

Battle highlights: My Captain and his Command Squad stormed through the centre of the board, leaving a trail of dead Traitor Marines that included a daemon prince as well as a terminator squad and a couple of possessed.

3 of my 4 plasma cannons managed to get hot and kill themselves.

A land raider or 2 exploded.
Last edited by speckydave on Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:10 pm

It's the Night Lord in me, easy prey.

furrby
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: None, nobody likes me.

Post by furrby » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:28 pm

Name: Furrby
Faction: Chaotic Neutral
My Army: GK/Necronz
Enemy Army: Space Mareenes

2k points it was a tournament test lolz, few invols made and i destroyed him :X
Your hate makes me stronger.
Space Wolves tactica

speckydave
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by speckydave » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:07 pm

Name: Speckydave
Faction: Imperium
My Army: Knights of the Dragon (Adeptus Astartes)
Enemy Army: Dark Eldar

This was my first time playing against Dark Eldar and though I won, it was very close and came down to my terminators and dreadnought breaking the back of his forces to win it.

Farseer Oz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Farseer Oz » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:52 pm

Name: Farseer Oz
Faction: Order
My Army: Eldar
Enemy Army: Orks

Game of Crusade
Size 1k

Karandras with a unit of scorpions from the Striking Claw shrine had infiltrated the Hive to flush out a group of orks lead by a Big Mek who were looting weapons and vehicles. The Eldar strike force where all in Serpents a long with a Nightspinner tank to keep the Ork horde at bay.

The serpents used their speed to keep their distance and whittle down the lootas bunkered up behind cover while taking down the Ork armour with their bright lances. With the lootas down, Karandras and the scorpions leaped through the ruins into the Ork horde. Karandras made short work of the Nob leader with the scorpions cleaving half the boys down with their chainswords, the Orks fought back well but lost their nerve and tried to escape but were cut down by the scorpions.

The guardians in the serpent exited the ramp onto the objective and fired into more Orks and with the assistance from the Night Spinner decided to make a run for it as well. With the guardians out of the serpent the pilot then decided to make a move for the Big Mek hiding behind a barricade and expended his shields to fire a blast wave vaporising the Big Mek.

With the Ork looting party out of the way, this forces of Chaotic Neutral will find their supplies and heavy support reinforcements a little thinner.

Eldar 5
Orks 1
Eldar Biel-Tan 18,740 pts - 8,069 pts painted
Chaos Daemons 2,600 pts - 840 pts painted

balangaz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by balangaz » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:51 pm

Name: Balangaz
My army: Orks
Enemy Army: Imperial Guard/Orks

Mission/deployment: Relic
Size: 1850

Game recap:

My memory card is away working at the moment so I had to take notes this time.

Ork Deployment: Double Biker boss as diversion go on the right of the board with one MAN unit inside a BW behind them, two battle wagons filled with shoota boys and one with the other unit of MANz on the right with the lootas and fire warriors behind the Aegis, and the Riptide behind a building on the center.

Imperial Guard: A 20-man blog set up inside a 3 stories-high ruin with Autocannons on top floor at one 6" run move away from the relic, Demolisher and another LR facing the Wagons with a Manticore behind it and an enormous 60 boys screening their armored cavalry. He kept his vendettas w/ Plasma CCS on reserve. Couple of plasma vets chimeras and one melta vet chimera facing the Biker bosses.

No nightfighting, IG doesn't steal initiative.

Ork Turn 1: Both MANz battlewagon move the full 12" while boys BW move just 6" to the center of the table, biker bosses move ahead to threaten the blog. His troops are very soft apart from the orks and I think I'll be able to krump them easily. Big Shootas chew through some boys as does the dakka guns, Firewarriors and the Quad gun gun. Riptide overloads and shoot at the LR with S9 ordinance glancing the normal and destroying the main cannon of the Demolisher. Lootas wreck the Manticore.

IG Turn 1: Plasma and meltavets move up near the bikerbosses but stay inside their metal boxes. Orks move near the MANz wagon on the right as does the LR. Meltavets pop open the MANz wagon and plasmavets gives them 3 wounds. Other plasmavets shoot against the bikerboss but only wounds once, with one of the vets dieing to gets hot. LR gets sidearmor against one of the Shoota Boys wagon and imobilizes it. Blob shoots against the Bikerboss but only tickle them.

Ork turn 2: MANz and bikerbosses shuffle the wounds back and move towards the chimeras. Biker bosses split so they can charge 2 different chimeras. The other MANz Wagon moves and unload in front of LR. Shoota boys stay inside the imobilized Wagon while the other one hides behind it. Lootas and firewarriors shoot against the unit of boys. Riptide overloads and shoots against the chimera-vets, stunning the meltavets and blowing up one of the plasma ones. A WAAAGH!!! is called to ensure charges. MANz charges the plasmavets on foot (one wound taken), and each bikerboss charges one chimera. Other MANz charge against the LR. Chimeras explode, meltavets kills one of the MAN but loses combat. LR blow up. IG wants to quit, I tell him to stay on the game, at least until Vendettas get in.

IG Turn 2: One Vendetta come in, deep strike one CCS near the MANz in front of the LR, and shoots at the Imobilized Wagon, blowing it up and killing some boys. Chose not to fire at it with the Quad gun and Riptide. CCS kills all MANz. Plasmavets shoot at the bikerboss but they live on. Blog shoots against the boys on foot and after we remove the wounded I still have 12 there. His ork blob charges mine and wipes me out taking some casualties but nothing major.

Ork turn 3: Shoota Wagon stay still and unloaded at the boys. Lootas unload and get 3 shots, they go to ground but lose half the unit. Quad gun shoots against the Vendetta and blows it up. While I was pointing that the Riptide was going to shoot at the CCS the IG gave up.

Aftertoughts: I was rolling great and he was rolling just ok. He wasn't expecting the Tau allies and told me he had no way to deal with the Riptide, which makes me like him more than the Hammerhead, since AV13 is easily manageable. I think the Riptide I'll try the Riptide a few times more. Also, I'm thinking about trying the Skyshield landing pad instead of the Aegis to give the lootas a 4++ but doing that makes the Fire warriors and Darkstrider redundant as they are there just to hold home objectives and man the Quad gun.
Oi, ya git! Get ya lazy arse roight into our Group Builds! Be da best Mek and loot all da pieces!

Dez

Post by Dez » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:44 pm

Name: Dez
Faction: Chaos
My Army: CSM
Enemy Army: Dark Angels

balangaz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by balangaz » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Name: Balangaz
My army: Orks
Enemy Army: Imperial Guard/Orks

Mission/deployment: Long table/Kill Points
Size: 1850

Report and pics later. He gave up top turn 3
Oi, ya git! Get ya lazy arse roight into our Group Builds! Be da best Mek and loot all da pieces!

Necrons 4eva
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Necrons 4eva » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:09 pm

This is what I like to see gentlemen (and ladies)
Necrons, Resocakh dynasty.
6255 WYSIWYG almost all painted

Chaos Space Marines, 2nd legion
~7000 WYSIWYG half painted

"It isn't the army, its the player."

"Plans are nothing, planning is everything."