MWG 40K Campaign [Phase II Battle Report Thread]

For older stuff.
Katharon
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

MWG 40K Campaign [Phase II Battle Report Thread]

Post by Katharon » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:36 am

Rules

Unlike before in Phase I, where victory points were assigned by each battle based on the size of those battles, the same will not be held here in Phase II. Instead, there will be accumulative victory points based on possession of objectives. This will be represented by a percentage of control. At present, all of Anduak is 100% under Imperium control. By the end of Phase II a final accounting will be held to determine who controls what and where. More will be explained in detail below.

How It Works
The total number of battles in a particular objective location will be taken into account. For example, if there are a total of twenty battles within Old Silo, with seventeen of them being wins for the Imperium and three losses; then 85% of Old Silo is within Imperium hands and 15% is in the hands of other factions.

Battle Report Format Change

It should be as follows:

Code: Select all

Name:
Faction:
My Army:
Enemy Army:
Name: Katharon
Faction: Imperium
My Army: Imperial Guard
Enemy Army: Orks
Win/Loss: Loss

Battle Tracker & Battle Bonuses
  • This will keep track of the current percentages and number of battles in a given area. It will also tell you what bonuses your army gains by fighting in a particular area.
Hive Argentum
  • Number of Battles: 4
  • Current Control Percentage: Imperium - 40% | Order - 60%
  • Battle Bonus: Imperium & Order Factions gain an extra Elite Choice FoC slot for each battle fought here. Hive Argentum is famous for producing the finest materials to furnish the armies of the Imperium.
Hive Antium
  • Number of Battles: 8
  • Current Control Percentage: Imperium - 22.22% | Order - 11.11% | Chaotic Neutral - 66.67%
  • Battle Bonus: All factions gain an extra Heavy Support FoC slot for each battle fought here. hive Antium is where the heavy guns of the Imperial Guard and Astartes are produced.
Gynex Subhive
  • Number of Battles: 2
  • Current Control Percentage: Imperium - 66.67% | Chaotic Neutral 33.33%
  • Battle Bonus: When fighting a battle declared to be in the Gynex Subhive, the entire table top is declared "Difficult Terrain." The subhive is a winding morass of monolithic towers that are in various states of disrepair and the scattered detrius of several thousand years of human living.
Illyria Primary
  • Current Control Percentage: Imperium - 33.33% | Chaos - 66.67%
  • Battle Bonus: If any faction fights a battle in this area with a unit that is described in its Unit Type as a "tank," that vehicle gains the "It Will Not Die" special rule for that single battle. (This does not carry over to other battle areas). The Illyria Primary is renown throughout the subsector for its skilled artisans and devotees of the Machine God.
Jeromihah Subsidiary
  • Number of Battles: 6
  • Current Control Percentage: Imperium - 28.57% | Chaotic Neutral - 71.43%
  • Battle Bonus: Any faction that fights here may take an extra 2 Troop choices beyond the normal FoC allowed if they so wish. The Jeromihah Subsidiary is where the majority of the worker population of Anduak live.
Shaltar Refineries
  • Current Control Percentage: Imperium - 66.67% | Chaotic Neutral - 33.33%
  • Battle Bonus: All vehicles, of all factions, gain +D6 to their movement -- similar to when a vehicle is moving along a road -- over any terrain (this does not include fliers). The Shaltar Refineries are the storehouse of a sub-sector's worth of prometheum.
Lexal Refineries
  • Current Control Percentage: Imperium - 14.29% | Chaotic Neutral - 85.71%
  • Battle Bonus: All vehicles, of all factions, gain +D6 to their movement -- similar to when a vehicle is moving along a road -- over any terrain (this does not include fliers). The Lexal Refineries are the storehouse of a sub-sector's worth of prometheum.
Antium Finishing Silos
  • Number of Battles: 11
  • Current Control Percentage: Imperium - 33.33% | Order - 8.33% | Chaotic Neutral - 58.33%
  • Battle Bonus: When fighting a battle that involves objectives, all scoring units within 3" of an objective may count all their ranged weapon fire as "twin-linked". Here in the Antium Finishing Silos, the material of war is stacked high and prepared to be shipped to the front.
Mount Sigilite
  • Current Control Percentage: Imperium - 33.33% | Order - 33.33% | Chaos - 33.33%
  • Battle Bonus: Imperium and Order factions may re-roll all failed moral or pinning tests when fighting a battle in this area. Mount Sigilite is a holy place that is inspiring to the faithful and remarkable in legends and songs.
Old Silo
  • Current Control Percentage: Imperium - 28.57% | Chaotic Neutral - 71.43%
  • Battle Bonus: Every faction's HQ that fights in this area gains the "Feel No Pain (6+)" special rule. Old Silo is where the best medicae treatment facilities on the planet are located; only the most wealthy can afford to gain access to the grand operation galleries.
Last edited by Katharon on Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

speckydave
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: MWG 40K Campaign [Phase II Battle Report Thread]

Post by speckydave » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:42 am

Name: Speckydave
My army: Knights of the Dragon, Black Templar successors.
Enemy army: Chaos Guard/Space Marines
Win/Loss: Win!

Story (I don't know if I can do this or not but oh well):
The taint of chaos had been detected on the planet of Vullis Prime. Grand Master Sigismund Luxemburg immediately ordered the Battle Barge Trafalgar to be dispatched for a Holy Crusade against the foul denizens of the warp. The battle barge contained none other than Galahad company, finest warriors of the Knights of the Dragon accompanied by the Grand Master himself and his honour guard. As the battle barge attempted to warp to the sector, severe warp storms prevented it from exiting the system home to the Knights. When the Knights did arrive, the planet had been condemned to exterminates leaving the Battle Brothers to watch in despair as cyclonic torpedoes crashed into its surface, showering it in nuclear rain.

That was when the taint of Chaos was detected again, this time on the forge world of Anduak. Communications with PDF and local guard regiments were sporadic at best before a space hulk, identified as belonging to the traitor legion Iron Warriors drifted out of the warp and used barely functioning teleportation devices to reach the planet. The sight of Dorn's most hated enemies to the Knights was as a red rag is to a bull. Immediately the full force of the strike force descended on the planet. The traitors had holed themselves up in a former Imperial Guard fortress on the outskirts of Hive Antium where the corrupt had happily allowed them access.

The Knights descended from the heavens in their thunderhawks, slowing to a hover just above the ground in order too allow them to offload their ordnance into the fortress walls, cleaving great holes in them and tearing the gates asunder. At the time the marines disembarked and spread themselves among the ruins at the base of the fort. The thunderhawks departed back to the barge but no sooner had they left a traitor baneblade emerged from the gates, its cannon claiming the lives of 20 marines. If not for the company's dreadnoughts mounting a hasty counterattack, the baneblade would have continued to cause havoc amongst the loyalist lines.

The Knights charged up the hill into the fortress, the weary defenders struggling to mount a defence. Several vehicles emerged from blasted craters but were dealt with swiftly by the Knight's devastator squads. Traitor guardsmen were cut down by bolters and chainswords as the Knights encroached further into the fort, Grand Master and Honour Guard leading the way.

Valkyries rose from landing pads with the intent to strafe the Knights as they moved through the open courtyard but they would be denied as Techmarine Gawain scored two further kills to add to his record in his stormtalon Green Knight.

As the Honour Guard neared the command bastion of the fort, they were caught from the rear by Iron Warriors terminators who had teleported behind. Sensing a great victory to be close, the Chaos Champion charged straight into the rear of the honour guard. He roared with delight as he cut through the Sons of Dorn with the strength only a man harbouring a daemon could hope to wield.

His scream was cut short. A blinding flash was all that was seen as Dreadnought Brother Lucius fired his multi-melta into the Chaos Lord, burning through his terminator armour and vaporising the man-daemon inside. Lucius then charged into the fray, his close combat weapon smiting Iron Warriors with every swing. Seeing the opportunity, Luxemburg struck at the great enemy with unrivalled ferocity, his blessed blade bringing quick death as he rained blow after blow upon the enemy.

After hard fighting, the Chaos threat had been vanquished from the perimeter of Hive Antium and the Knights of the Dragon had gained a forward operating base.

FOR THE EMPEROR!!!

balangaz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by balangaz » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:42 pm

Name: Balangaz
Faction: Chaotic Neutral
My Army: Orks
Enemy Army: Eldar

Mission: Big guns never tire
Deployment: Hammer and Anvil
Size: 2000 points

Battlefield with Aegis deployed

Deployment: Eldars won and decided to go first, picking the side with most terrain. He decided to deploy a Guardian squad inside the Bastion and split his army leaving the Avatar (Warlord) and the Farseer together with the lonely Wraithknight towering over the left flank.

Eldar deployment. Swooping Hawks, 3 units of 3 bikes and a couple of Flyers on reserve

My deploy was pretty basic, with the lootas behind the Aegis waiting for his flyers.

Ork Deployment, battlewagon with all the Big Shootas one can have

Turn 1: Nightfighting was on, so Eldars moved up and fired on what they could. They killed 2 lootas and 2 grots who were manning the Quad-gun. Orks fired back killing 2 Striking Scorpions who were infiltrated mid-field, they failed their Ld check and ran out of cover.

Turn 2: Eldar reserves were good, one of his flyers came in (an AV10 all around who uses some psychic powers), 2 of his 3 bikes and the scaterless swooping hawks. Swooping killed my Looted Wagon with grenades, his FW tank and Wraithknight kept firing on my Lootas and Grots but the 2+ cover kept them nearly at full strength. Orks moved a little to the front and dakka the flyer, killed 3 Hawks which failed their leadership test and ran 11 inches.

Turn 3: Eldars moved forward again but got too close. Wraithkight kept coming closer and his farseer changed to the left flank, in case the Wraithknight needed some heals. His Avatar showed his face from behind the ruins, his bikes moved near the objectives. Orks killed 2 squads of bikes, poured Big Shoota fire into the Avatar but it didn't even noticed. Ghaz and his Nobz charged against the tank and blew it up. My MANz and Warboss charged the Wraithknight but managed to inflict only 3 wounds...

4 attacks with S10 at Initiative 5, my MANz and Warboss didn't even had a chance

Turn 4: His Avatar charged my Ghaz and chalanged but I declined and let the Nobz work him out. He also charged my other Warboss with his Striking Scorpions and his Excharch challenged my Warboss. If he had not done that the Wraithknight would wipe the unit off. Orks dakka dakka and chopped chopped and my Nobz killed the Avatar

Warlord on Warlord action. Since the Avatar has that lame disarming thingy my Nobs ended up dealing with him

Turn 5: He shot the little he had but it was objectives time. It's been so long I've last played I simply forgot about objectives! His Wraithguards came and flamed my remaining lootas but failed to destroy my scoring Battlewagon. Wraithknight finished of the Warboss and moved on. His FW flyer came in because he remembered about it and killed all my Nobz. I shot back but couldn't destroy/break any of his troops out of objectives.

Battle over the last objective

Final score:
Eldar 8 (2 Objective, First Blood, Line breaker)
Orks 4 (1 Objective, Slay the Warlord)

Notes: It was a long time since I've played and had I known that FW was OK I would try to get my Looted IG Armoured Krumpany to help me out. I had a lot of firepower but the Wraithknight was impossible to kill. Only after he told me he had 3 but felt it was cheesy to bring them all.
Oi, ya git! Get ya lazy arse roight into our Group Builds! Be da best Mek and loot all da pieces!

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:09 am

Name: Arnathos
Faction: Chaos
My Army: Word Bearers(Chaos Space Marines)
Enemy Army: Tyranids

Captain Percy and his band of merry men tried to make a foothold in the old silo. Whilst setting up their defenses they ran into a swarm of tyranids that had infested the area. The battle was fierce and although losses where negligible, Percy decided to sound the retreat when the enemy came too close for comfort.

Worlds slowest killpoint game ever. The enemy killed my maulerfiend and scored first blood with that, as well as getting linebreaker. I managed to kill 2 squads, but his hive tyrant stubbornly refused to die(1 wound left on turn 5 when the game ended :( ) and a squad of termagants with 1 member left, hiding behind a building.

I lost some havocs turn one, which hurt my shooting somewhat, the maulerfiend was overwhelmed, as it doesn't work well against 'nids(too many rending attacks). I also lost a bunch of cultists, but in the end I still had 3 left standing.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

furrby
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: None, nobody likes me.

Post by furrby » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:42 pm

Name: Furrby
My Army: GK/Cron
Enemy Army: GK/Tau
Win/Loss: Win
Your hate makes me stronger.
Space Wolves tactica

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:41 pm

Name: Arnathos
Faction: Chaos
My Army: Word Bearers(Chaos Space Marines)
Enemy Army: Grey Knights

A quick game of relic against a friend. Onoroth-Buhr led a rag tag(brainfart of a list) band of his chaos space marines against a grey knights strike force at the shaltar refineries, their forces where ground to a halt after a vindicare assassin took out what few vehicles they had, and not even plasma fire could deal with the grey knight paladins. A complete and total loss in the end.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Katharon

Post by Katharon » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:35 pm

Name: Katharon
My Army: Imperial Guard
Enemy Army: Renegade Space Marines (Chaos)

None can say for sure when the 2nd Company of the Nova Marines Space Marine Chapter fell from the Emperor's Grace. All that is known is that when their perfidy and corruption were unveiled, the Hammer of the Emperor was prepared to crush them. Quickly surrounding and cutting off the Nova Marines Renegades from making contact with any Chaotic brethren outside of the Hive Antium defenses, the forces of the Cadian 4th under Colonel Davram Bashere prepared for a fierce battle. Trading 10 lives for every 1 renegade, the 2nd Company of renegades were cut down by the attrition-oriented assaults of massed Cadian infantry backed up by squadrons of Leman Russ tanks. Due to the sheer numbers and grim determination to finish the battle quickly before Chaos could take advantage, the Cadian 4th succeeded in eliminating the entire renegade force in under four days of fighting.

Played against a friend who has a "counts as" Chaos Marines/Space Marines force. He wasn't quite prepared for my blob squads and massed Leman Russ squadrons. Got lucky with some rolls and he was unlucky, and I tabled him at the end of turn 4.

mrshadowguy
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by mrshadowguy » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:22 pm

Name: Mrshadowguy
Faction: Order
My Army: Eldar
Enemy Army: Imperial Guard/ Space Marine Ally.
Win/Loss: Win.

The forces of Carpath moved into the hive to establish a strong hold. On arrival, some local Guard and a few Space Marines had been stationed there. The battle was fierce, with heavy casualties on both sides, but the forces of Taedr Kae pulled through and to the Hive for their own.
That one dude on that one forum with the Squrtile picture.

balangaz
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by balangaz » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:52 am

Name: Balangaz (Warboss Gruzdak Stompa)
My Army: Orks
Enemy Army: Chaos Space Marines
Win/Loss: Ork win

Mission: Kill points
Deployment: Long table edges
Size: 1850

Game recap:

Deploy:

Orks deployed back with both the Warboss inside the same wagon to hunt Kharn down. The MANz stood behind a building to get out of sight from the vast amount of Lascannons.

Ork bunker

CSM deploy forward and hoped to steal initiative to get first blood. Cultists and one foot-slogger unit of plagues far back to deny me their kill points, one unit of plagues inside a rhino and the khrone-filled Land Raider one side, the Plague Nurgle biker, his warlord, with plague bikers and plague oblits flanking on the other side. His warlord got +1T pre game.

Turn 1: CSM stole initiative. Land Raider moved up and snap fired it's lascannon onto the Battlewagon. 3 sixes in a roll, one to hit, one to pen and one to make it go boom. Rest of Chaos moved up.

Ork turn 1: Lootas wrecked the rhino and killed some bikers. The rest of the army killed a couple more bikers. The 'ammer'ead blew up the Land Raider.

lucky first blood

CSM turn 2: Helldrake came in, quad gun wiffed. All units from the back moved up, plagues out of the rhino marched forward, beserkers moved up and plasma a wound of the Nobz. Helldrake killed 4 grot fire warriors.

Ork turn 2: Warboss and his unit moved up to be charged next turn as I couldn't get there now, lootas killed some plagues and the Helldrake (2 glances, 6 pens, 4 explosions - KILL IT WITH FIRE), fire warriors and my horde of big shootas took a wound of the t7 biker and left him solo.

CSM turn 3: Kharn moved up to charge the nobz and bosses, plague marines moved up to charge one unit of lootas, warlord moved up to charge one battlewagon. Kharn failed his charge, re-rolled and barely got in, all other charges failed and left them wounded. Kharn challenge, Warboss #2 gets in and dies, his units gets wiped out.

7 attacks, hatred, S7, AP2 ate Initiative 5. The Warboss only failed his saves because he wasn't painted for sure

Orks turn 3: lootas killed more things, one of my Battlewagons got immobilized and dropped his payload to hold down the biker lord leaving him with just one wound left. Kharn goes poof with a S8 power klaw. At this point he kinda gives up and decides to move forward and try to charge with everything he has.

CSM turn 4: His cultists move and fire against the Nobz, 4 wounds and 4 Feel no Pain saves. One of his plague marine units wiped out an unit of lootas, his Warlord killed a couple of boys and the unit broke and ran 3 inches. Oblits destroyed another Battlewagon.

Ork turn 4: Orks killed the warlord, Nobz and Warboss charged and wiped the cultists, the rest of the army fired at the obliterators and left one alive with one wound.

CSM turn 5: Plague marines charged the Nobz and got wiped out but killed the WAAAGH! banner nob, oblit fried the unit of boys leaving just the Nob alive.

Ork turn 5: Last oblit died, single unit of plague marines left alive after I couldn't make the charge with my MANz.

Warboss Stompa raises his Klaw in victory, before lowering it on the plague marine's head

Additional notes: This game was kinda one sided, I was getting all my saves and rolling 6's like crazy, my lootas only stopped firing 3 times each around turn 4. He is considering playing with double or triple hellturkey next time while I'm considering bringing IG allies instead of Tau next time to see if a PCS with 4 Meltas + Vendetta is better than Darkstrider manning a Quad gun and Hammerhead as anti-armor/AA.
Oi, ya git! Get ya lazy arse roight into our Group Builds! Be da best Mek and loot all da pieces!

balangaz

Post by balangaz » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:01 pm

I have IG when they design a list intended to hunker down and shoot but don't bring anything flank/rush/pressure the field and no one can do anything. Congrats on the win, you deserved it

IGfanatic
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!

Post by IGfanatic » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:40 pm

What can guard bring though? A platoon if guard to outflank? A hellhound moving forward or LTBT? Dark lances would eat that unit. A flier might have broken the stalemate but guard don't have much in terms of competitivness. Just saying, we either go castle up (heavy weapons are a thing) or go aircav. Anyone moving closer would have been a death sentence for the other, cause Ig suck in close range and combat, dark eldar are pretty awful in long range firefights for extended periods. Both smart plays but the last turn was decisive.
Iggy's are proud and noble creatures.

The Jank Collective Youtube channel.

balangaz

Post by balangaz » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:50 pm

IGfanatic wrote:What can guard bring though? A platoon if guard to outflank? A hellhound moving forward or LTBT? Dark lances would eat that unit. A flier might have broken the stalemate but guard don't have much in terms of competitivness. Just saying, we either go castle up (heavy weapons are a thing) or go aircav. Anyone moving closer would have been a death sentence for the other, cause Ig suck in close range and combat, dark eldar are pretty awful in long range firefights for extended periods. Both smart plays but the last turn was decisive.
I won't stayin this topic, I'll just say that we now have allies as a way to go around the "what can X army bring?" and even if you don't want to use the allied models because it would look strange you can convert some models to fit your army and use just the allies rules. Anyway, good game there.

IGfanatic
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!

Post by IGfanatic » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:28 am

That point level though...hmm. The way he set it up it would be hard. I think dropping a chimera and taking Captain Al'rahem and outflanking that entire platoon would be a good choice too.
Iggy's are proud and noble creatures.

The Jank Collective Youtube channel.

mrshadowguy
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by mrshadowguy » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:38 am

Name: Mrshadowguy
Faction: Order
My Army: Eldar
Enemy Army: Chaos Space Marines
That one dude on that one forum with the Squrtile picture.

Katharon

Post by Katharon » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:15 am

[Full Stop: No More Battle Reports Will Be Counted In the Next Update Beyond This Point.]