Phase II - The Campaign Continues

For older stuff.
Katharon
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Phase II - The Campaign Continues

Post by Katharon » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:01 am

"God-Emperor forgive me for what I have done. Surely I have damned myself for all time by my actions...but the result remains the same. I did what I had to do in order to protect the sub-sector. We had failed so horribly, distracted by the Chaos incursion and xenos elements -- combined together there could ultimately be only one choice.

I tried my best to evacuate as many as possible. All essential men, material, and transportable industrial capacities -- everything -- that could be placed in a cargo hold and lifted off world. But that still left over a billion innocent souls behind. The first night after the final evacuation dropship lifted off and I gave the order to deploy the Vortex missiles from orbit...I've run out of amasec."

- Recovered Mem-Diary of Inquisitor Godfried Kausser, Ordo Xenos

Chapter Two

The world of Vullis Prime burns. Between the titanic warp tides of an impending Chaos ritual that would bathe the world in the vile oceans of the warp and the unending legions of metallic undead that marched forth from beneath the desert sands of Vullis Prime, no other option was left to the Inquisition Holy Ordos. What could be salvaged was, what could not was left behind. By dint of brute force, the Imperium can claim victory from atop the ash heap. The war however is far from over.

Less than a month after the death of Vullis Prime, a resurgence of Xenos and Chaos activity have appeared over the Mechanicum world of Anduak. The unrelenting tide of a newborn Chaos crusade, small it yet is, is growing in strength. In its wake come the Orks and Xenos, either running from this crimson tide or drawn to it.

Anduak, however, is not Vullis Prime. This is the heartland of Mechanicus rule in the sub-sector and the Priesthood of Mars will not see their forges fall so easily. The continent-spanning hive complexes are mounting their defenses and the Sub-Sector forces that escaped from Vullis Prime are being redeployed to help defend this next bastion.

Map of Anduak

Locations of Importance (Objectives)
Hive Argentum
Hive Antium
Gynex Subhive
Illyria Primary
Jeromihah Subsidiary
Shaltar Refineries
Lexal Refineries
Antium Finishing Silos
Mount Sigilite
Old Silo

Rules

Unlike before in Phase I, where victory points were assigned by each battle based on the size of those battles, the same will not be held here in Phase II. Instead, there will be accumulative victory points based on possession of objectives. This will be represented by a percentage of control. At present, all of Anduak is 100% under Imperium control. By the end of Phase II a final accounting will be held to determine who controls what and where. More will be explained in detail below.

How It Works
The total number of battles in a particular objective location will be taken into account. For example, if there are a total of twenty battles within Old Silo, with seventeen of them being wins for the Imperium and three losses; then 85% of Old Silo is within Imperium hands and 15% is in the hands of other factions.

Battle Report Format Change

It should be as follows:

Code: Select all

Name:
Faction:
My Army:
Enemy Army:
Name: Katharon
Faction: Imperium
My Army: Imperial Guard
Enemy Army: Orks
Win/Loss: Loss

Battle Tracker & Battle Bonuses
  • This will keep track of the current percentages and number of battles in a given area. It will also tell you what bonuses your army gains by fighting in a particular area.
Hive Argentum
  • Number of Battles: 0
  • Current Control Percentage: Imperium - 100%
  • Battle Bonus: Imperium & Order Factions gain an extra Elite Choice FoC slot for each battle fought here. Hive Argentum is famous for producing the finest materials to furnish the armies of the Imperium.
Hive Antium
  • Number of Battles: 1
  • Battle Bonus: All factions gain an extra Heavy Support FoC slot for each battle fought here. hive Antium is where the heavy guns of the Imperial Guard and Astartes are produced.
Gynex Subhive
  • Battle Bonus: When fighting a battle declared to be in the Gynex Subhive, the entire table top is declared "Difficult Terrain." The subhive is a winding morass of monolithic towers that are in various states of disrepair and the scattered detrius of several thousand years of human living.
Illyria Primary
  • Battle Bonus: If any faction fights a battle in this area with a unit that is described in its Unit Type as a "tank," that vehicle gains the "It Will Not Die" special rule for that single battle. (This does not carry over to other battle areas). The Illyria Primary is renown throughout the subsector for its skilled artisans and devotees of the Machine God.
Jeromihah Subsidiary
  • Battle Bonus: Any faction that fights here may take an extra 2 Troop choices beyond the normal FoC allowed if they so wish. The Jeromihah Subsidiary is where the majority of the worker population of Anduak live.
Shaltar Refineries
  • Battle Bonus: All vehicles, of all factions, gain +D6 to their movement -- similar to when a vehicle is moving along a road -- over any terrain (this does not include fliers). The Shaltar Refineries are the storehouse of a sub-sector's worth of prometheum.
Lexal Refineries
  • Battle Bonus: All vehicles, of all factions, gain +D6 to their movement -- similar to when a vehicle is moving along a road -- over any terrain (this does not include fliers). The Lexal Refineries are the storehouse of a sub-sector's worth of prometheum.
Antium Finishing Silos
  • Battle Bonus: When fighting a battle that involves objectives, all scoring units within 3" of an objective may count all their ranged weapon fire as "twin-linked". Here in the Antium Finishing Silos, the material of war is stacked high and prepared to be shipped to the front.
Mount Sigilite
  • Battle Bonus: Imperium and Order factions may re-roll all failed moral or pinning tests when fighting a battle in this area. Mount Sigilite is a holy place that is inspiring to the faithful and remarkable in legends and songs.
Old Silo
  • Battle Bonus: Every faction's HQ that fights in this area gains the "Feel No Pain (6+)" special rule. Old Silo is where the best medicae treatment facilities on the planet are located; only the most wealthy can afford to gain access to the grand operation galleries.
Last edited by Katharon on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

ShadowSpectre
Now we're getting somewhere...

Re: Phase II - The Campaign Continues

Post by ShadowSpectre » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:12 am

Are we allowed to use non-core rulebooks for the missions in this phase (i.e. Cities of Death, Spearhead, etc) or are we only supposed to use the regular 6th edition missions?

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:42 pm

Is there still a 2 battle reports per week limit? Are kill team and apocalypse acceptable now as well? Do we fully count faction infighting? (I could imagine 2 Ork warbands fighting in an area causing quite a bit of havoc in the surroundings, or the imperials weeding out potential traitors/heretics/people whose face annoys them to strengthen their position)
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:01 pm

Could we split things into 2 sides? It's Orktober, and I wanna play my Orks ;)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Katharon

Post by Katharon » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:57 pm

@ShadowSpectre: Yes, you can of course use those rulebooks for missions.

@Arnathos: Max is 1 per day, 4 per week.

@Dez: Nah, not yet.

Lionic
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Location: somewher over the prysmatic refection of visible light in dihydrogen monoxide percipitaition

Post by Lionic » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:11 pm

to Hive Argentum!
we will reclaim our 4 anni barges and dread knights!

oh and can we have some more story on what happened to the factions if you have some spare time?
The question is, do oil your war machines... or feed them

Arnathos
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:37 am

Could we get a new thread for phase 2 batreps, to make things a bit more easy to look through?
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Katharon

Post by Katharon » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:34 am

Lionic wrote:to Hive Argentum!
we will reclaim our 4 anni barges and dread knights!

oh and can we have some more story on what happened to the factions if you have some spare time?
The story is in the intro there above. Re-read it and look between the lines. I'll be writing more in the story thread about those events, but the intro above gives you a general overview.
Arnathos wrote:Could we get a new thread for phase 2 batreps, to make things a bit more easy to look through?
Quite.

Sniperfex
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Sniperfex » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:51 am

Is it acceptable for me to play as Space Marines now? I'm using Deathwatch Space Marines now for quite a while. (this means I'll be using all sorts of Chapter Tactics)
"Do you really want to waste your time
Wake up and live your life
I want to be your chemical ride"

Sniperfex, ruining people's hopes and dreams since 1993

Lionic
Location: somewher over the prysmatic refection of visible light in dihydrogen monoxide percipitaition

Post by Lionic » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:55 pm

oh and how do we attack. is there certian faction controlled areas, or do we just attack from any angle outside the city?

Sniperfex
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Sniperfex » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:29 am

Hedonismbot wrote:Sniperfex wrote:
Is it acceptable for me to play as Space Marines now? I'm using Deathwatch Space Marines now for quite a while. (this means I'll be using all sorts of Chapter Tactics)

Are you supposed to be the leader for Tau and Eldar?
pfft! I scoff at your claims Dark Kin! ;)
"Do you really want to waste your time
Wake up and live your life
I want to be your chemical ride"

Sniperfex, ruining people's hopes and dreams since 1993

Katharon

Post by Katharon » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:04 am

Sniperfex wrote:Is it acceptable for me to play as Space Marines now? I'm using Deathwatch Space Marines now for quite a while. (this means I'll be using all sorts of Chapter Tactics)
You can choose to switch factions at the beginning of each campaign phase.
Lionic wrote:oh and how do we attack. is there certian faction controlled areas, or do we just attack from any angle outside the city?
As it stands right now the Imperium is on the defensive, on Anduak -- a forge world that they cannot afford to lose. If they do lose it, then it'll be like the cork popping out of a champagne bottle and trying to use a straw to put all the fuzzy back in.

If you are part of the Imperium faction, then you are "defending". If you are attacking, then you choose a location and decide to have a battle there. If a large amount of Order, Chaos, or Chaotic Neutral armies begin to win victories in one location, the it's up to the Imperium players to shift their armies around to better defend.

Lionic

Post by Lionic » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:10 pm

Sniperfex wrote:Is it acceptable for me to play as Space Marines now? I'm using Deathwatch Space Marines now for quite a while. (this means I'll be using all sorts of Chapter Tactics)
can i switch armys within the faction? because if a tyranid codex comes out i will be playing games with tyranids mostly.

Katharon

Post by Katharon » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:42 am

Lionic wrote:can i switch armys within the faction? because if a tyranid codex comes out i will be playing games with tyranids mostly.
I will allow you to switch armies, so long as they are part of the same faction. But no, you cannot switch between Chaos Space Marines and Imperial Guard in the middle of a Campaign Phase.

mrshadowguy
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by mrshadowguy » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:08 pm

If Sniper is moving to Imperium, can I take over Order?
That one dude on that one forum with the Squrtile picture.