MWG Global Campaign [Battle Reports Submission Thread]

For older stuff.
Lionic
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Location: somewher over the prysmatic refection of visible light in dihydrogen monoxide percipitaition

Re: MWG Global Campaign [Battle Reports Submission Thread]

Post by Lionic » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:48 am

name: Lionic / Lord Nehkerehk
Faction/Army: chaotic neutral/Necrons
Random Battle: yes (purge the alien)
Enemy Army Type: Necrons
Location On Map: 2604
Win or Lose: win
Who Got First Blood?: necrons
Who Got Slay The Warlord?:necrons
Total Game Victory Points: 6
Campaign Victory Points: 3
Story: the dark eldars capturing of hammer's keep was a powerful blow, but reinforcements were coming in. A salamander convoy had set up a temporary camp near hammers keep and had even set up a defence line. Lord Nehkerehk knew that these space marines planned assault the keep, and that a consentrated teleport strike at the camp could wipe them out.

Additional Notes: he got lucky with an icarus las cannon shot, but had lots of derp and fail with his terminator armorsaves.
The question is, do oil your war machines... or feed them

Stanfar
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Stanfar » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:30 am

Name: Stanfar
Faction/Army: Imperium/ Blood Angels
Random Battle: No (Played against Arnathos)
Points Total: 1999pts
Enemy Army Type: Chaos space marines
Location On Map: 0206
Win or Lose: Loss
Who Got First Blood?: Neither
Who Got Slay The Warlord?: Neither
Total Game Victory Points: I don't remember that scenario having even victory points.
Campaign Victory Points: -4 CVP
Story: Captain Rafauldus attempt to storm the chaos controlled shore and establish a beachhead near the Hive city Nirellan failed and was sended into retreat because of sudden appearance of traitourous Word bearers and their heavily armoured forces.

Addition notes: We ended up playing the Beachhead scenario and I was defeated.
Last edited by Stanfar on Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Game scores 2016
40k 4/0/8
Fantasy 3/0/1

Let's have a fun games or die in cheese! :D

DAVii3
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by DAVii3 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:00 am

Name: DAVii3
Faction/Army: Imperium/Crimson Fists
Random Battle: No
Points Total: 1500
Enemy Army Type: Chaos Daemons and Orks (was a three way :wink:)
Location On Map: 2832
Win or Lose: Win
Who Got First Blood?: Chaos Daemons
Who Got Slay The Warlord?: Nobody
Total Game Victory Points: 2
Campaign Victory Points: 2 CVP
Story: Pedro Kantor led his Crimson Fist force into the ruins of an Imperial outpost with the mind of establishing an outpost. Kantor's advance scouts showed that the Orks had already heavily set up in the area and the best plan would be a highly mobile surgical strike into the very heart of the Orks. Kantor relished the chance to exact vengeance upon the Orks but he knew not to be too hasty as the Orks were not as stupid as some may think. The Orks had heavily fortified the area and would fight to the death under the leadership of the nearby Big Mek. Kantor decided to take in a mobile force of Rhinos and Razorbacks to deal with the threat quickly and to prevent a drawn out war. As Kantor was about to enact his plan the warp teared through the fabric of reality throwing everyone of course and even teleporting some units to other corners of the battlefield. Through this tear the Daemons poured out led by a mighty Nurgle Daemon Prince who's very blade killed anything it touched. With the mayhem of the warp rift each general seemed to have the same plan, secure the fortification in the middle of the region therefore giving a standing stone to launch other attacks in the region. With this in mind Kantor set his brothers to the task and embarked upon his Razorback.

The battle commenced with a random deployment to determine which sixth of the table you deployed in (a dice roll decided). there were three secondary objectives worth 1 VP each and the main ruin was worth 3 VP. There was Slay the Warlord, First Blood and mysterious objectives.

Higlights of the game were definitely:
Gabriel Vaul captain of the Crimson Fists third company and his command squad charging a full squad of bloodletters with herald and winning. He also got me the VP that won me the game for slaying his herald due to his warlord trait!
Daemon Prince insta killing kantor with his warlord trait
Sterguard jumping out of razorback and using their combi-melta's to kill the battle wagon then charge the burnas inside and wipe them out.
"Death is nothing compared to vindication."

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:20 pm

Name: Arnathos
Faction/Army: Chaos/Chaos Space Marines
Random Battle: No, defending in a beachhead against Stanfar
Points Total: 1999+1
Enemy Army Type: Blood Angels
Location On Map: 0206
Who Got First Blood?: N/A
Who Got Slay The Warlord?: N/A
Total Game Victory Points:N/A Opponent conceded(tabled as per BRB)
Campaign Victory Points: 5(4 from table, +1 for pics)
Story:
After several infuriating weeks of delays, the Light of Truth finally entered Realspace above Vullis Prime. When the Strike cruisers' scanners showed an imperial force on the move towards the shores near Hive Nirellan, Onoroth Buhr wasted no time ordering his troops to intervene.

Coryphaus Kal Borghan assembled a heavily armoured rapid response team to deal with this new threat. Several Land Raiders, mechanized coteries and the Coryphaus' personal bodyguard, as well as several Daemon Engines quickly dug in on the shores near the Hive city and it wasn't long before Captain Rafauldus and his Space Marines made Landfall.

The battle was short and intense, the eager warrior brothers of the blessed 87th legion managed to crush the Death Legion forces, who where unprepared for such fierce resistance.

Additional Notes: The Beach assault thing is pretty cool, but the objective placement is sort of wierd, not that it mattered in this battle. But no more than 6'' from the table edge and no more than 12'' apart makes for a small area to defend.

Pics(in no particular order):
ImageImage
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Arnathos
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:25 pm

Yeah its 6'x3,5' :/

It generally works though. The lack of line of sight blocking 'terrain' was because of us playing in a hex that on the map is like 80% water. We tried to represent it with the lids being 'pools' of water at low tide.

In the end though, the big box in the middle was quite effective as LoS blocking terrain, as where the other containers. Most of the terrain didn't make much of a difference, as there wasn't too much shooting in our lists, Stanfar had some devastators, but his army was pretty CC focused and while the devastators where in area terrain, it made no difference as they got BBQ'ed by the Heldrake anyway and nothing else shot at them.

The only real shooting casualties where my bikes who got mauled by turn 2, the rest of the battle was point blank melta/lascannon fire.

But the table needs some work yes.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

furrby
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: None, nobody likes me.

Post by furrby » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:29 pm

on such table you should do long table edges because this 24" in between balances game
Your hate makes me stronger.
Space Wolves tactica

Donteatrawhagis
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Donteatrawhagis » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:37 pm

Name: DontEatRawHagis
Faction/Army: Orks (Blood Axes, Blood Dakka Boyz) tagged teamed with Sisters of Battle
Random Battle: No (Mission was confirmed by Ronin before I did it)
Points Total: 2500
Enemy Army Type: Tau
Location On Map: 1213 or 1313 depending on which one has the Fortress
Who Got First Blood?: Tau
Who Got Slay The Warlord?: Tau and Orks
Total Game Victory Points: 9 for Orks and 2 for Tau.
Campaign Victory Points: 3 VP
Story: (give a short outline or lengthy story about your battle and what happened)

Kolonel Zogblud was overlooking the destruction of Tau before him at the Arrowknife Marsh. Utilizing the teleport technology given to his army, combined with his own Weirdboy powers, he managed to teleport onto the outskirts of Fort Medris.

As he walked towards the Fortress a covenant of Sisters of Battle approached with loot, in exchange for assisting in the capture of the Fort. Kolonel Zogblud knowing never to trust a gift horse in the mouth accepted a few Lemun Russ Tanks as tribute.

The tanks proved useless against the Tau anti-tank line. Kolonel Zogblud himself was unable to utilize the Waaagh! to it's fullest potential before being teleported into the immaterial.

After the battle was won, Kolonel Zogblud reappeared just so happened to be at the same time as the Head Priest leading the Sisters of Battle was giving a victory speech in the name of the Emperor. At the height of the speech Kolonel Zogblud re-materialized within the Priest, exploding him from the inside out.

At which point the Blood Dakka Boyz had already setup a strong defense within the fortress. Forcing the remaining Sisters of Battle to rethink giving the Orks such weak loot.

Additional Notes:
Highlight of the Match included both Looted Wagons that I had just added to my list getting blasted to smitherines within the first two turns. Neither shot and the one that survived to turn 2 pressed it, so he couldn't fire.

My Warphead periled twice in a row with a squad of 20 boyz. I like Zogblud so I don't want to kill him off. Added the retaking the fort in the name of the Orks because I am not allied with the Imperium and since the Imperial Guard tanks I borrowed died so easily I think the Orks using the Sisters to gain a Fortress is fluffy.

Unfortunately we didn't table him, but we did win the fort.
Writer/Programmer

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:46 am

furrby wrote:on such table you should do long table edges because this 24" in between balances game
Beach head scenario is only 12".
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:16 am

True that, Stanfar's army did have quite a few assault units in it, and my new arch nemisis corbulo(or whatever his name is, 2+FNP guy). But it couldn't really stand up to a full on assault army(which I always run, out of principle, whatever the scenario) and with some support from a helldrake and black mace prince(didn't want to run the latter but he is my 'warlord' as such and became a fluff obligation) there was not much he could do. Dice luck wasn't on his side either, my only really failed rolls where on my bikes which did absolutely nothing but die and run away.

I would say the scenario needs some work, make the distance at least 18" like in fantasy's 'Blood and Glory' scenario. the only way I could see 12" work is if you had a D-day table, with impassible cliffs with 1 or 2 slopes going up/down, but then LoS would still be an issue for a shooty army.

Anyway, back on topic:

Name:Arnathos
Faction/Army:Chaos/ Chaos Space Marines
Random Battle: Yes(Vanguard Strike, crusade)
Points Total:1500
Location On Map: 0726
Win or Lose:Loss
Who Got First Blood?:Necrons
Who Got Slay The Warlord?:Necrons
Total Game Victory Points:1-3(linebreaker for me, linebreaker, first blood and slay the warlord for 'Crons)
Campaign Victory Points:-1(not sure if training missions give minus points, but a loss is a loss)
Story: Coryphaus Kal Borghan wanted to test his new armoured division in a friendly sparring competition against one of the local necron lords. While originally meant to be just a training mission, things went south quite fast. Kal Borghan was severely injured and one of the hosts sacred Land Raiders took substantial damage, taking it out of the fight for at least several weeks.

In the end the necron force turned out to be a bit too much for the Coryphaus' forces, most of which should be ready for action again by next week.

Additional Notes:Training Mission, also forgot pictures, d'oh!
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

furrby
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: None, nobody likes me.

Post by furrby » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:51 pm

Name: Furrby | Inquistor Dragonuv
Faction/Army: Inquisition (Chaotic Neutral) Grey Knights/Necrons
Random Battle: Kill Points / Pure The Alien
Points Total:1500
Location On Map: n/a
Who Got First Blood?: Grey Knights/Necrons (monkey shot)
Who Got Slay The Warlord?: Grey Knights
Total Game Victory Points: 9 to 3
Campaign Victory Points: 1

Before setting sail to conquer traitorperium and ronin forces we decided to do a quick test of our forces are fit for fight.

Side note:
I hate kill points games without objectives, it makes game blunt.
Your hate makes me stronger.
Space Wolves tactica