For older stuff.
Feralchaos
Now we're getting somewhere...

Re: MWG Global Campaign [Battle Reports Submission Thread]

Post by Feralchaos » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:25 pm

Name: Feralchaos
Faction/Army: Imperium/Dark Angels
Random Battle: Yes - Purge The Alien
Enemy Army: Renegade Imperial Guard (Non-Forum member)
Win or Lose: Win (Hex-0929
Who Got First Blood: Renegade
Who Got Slay the Warlord : Both
Victory Points: 7-3 (Tabled Opponent)
CVP: 4VP
Story: Following the spearhead of previous force into this territory, the Dark Angels 5th company provided assistance after failing against dark elder patrol forces. Interrogator Chaplain ordered Librarian Turmiel to over see this operation as having already lost a fine chaplain to the dark elder.

As they made there way into chaos territory, they came upon the forces of renegade imperial guard, driven mad by the horrors of war and turning to chaotic creatures of the ruinous powers. However the force encountered was that of swift aerial attackers in the form of a squadron of vendettas, things looked grim till the finest of the 1st company arrived cutting down many traitors to the almighty emperor and gunning down flyers till the assault cannon burned hot.

The Dark Angels had won the battle but not the war.
From the skies we will strike, from the land we will intercept. For we are that of the lion and we shall never back down for we have his strength in all of us, hear our roar. We are the First Legion!

2500 pts of Dark Angels
4000 pts of Necrons

Farseer Oz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Farseer Oz » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:55 am

Hedonismbot wrote:Lady Galianth sent a taskforce ahead to deal with their cousins, along with an allied delegation of craftworlders from Biel Tan, who for their own reasons accompanied their cousins once again to war.
OOC. LOL well that just stuffs up the story seeing as I was the Eldar player fighting and contesting the Orks at Hex 2416 and I am from craftworld Biel Tan. Unless the GM can find a way to twist the plot I'll go on somewhere else I guess. :roll:
Eldar Biel-Tan 18,740 pts - 8,069 pts painted
Chaos Daemons 2,600 pts - 840 pts painted

Sniperfex
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Sniperfex » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:12 am

Or... You poisoned their minds to fight against their loyal kin
"Do you really want to waste your time
Wake up and live your life
I want to be your chemical ride"

Sniperfex, ruining people's hopes and dreams since 1993

Sniperfex
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Sniperfex » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:45 pm

Name: Mrshadowguy
Faction/Army: Eldar
Random Battle: no
Points Total: 1999
Enemy Army Type: Tyranids
Location On Map: 3326 Hive City Memros
Win or Lose: Lose
Who Got First Blood?: Tyranids
Who Got Slay The Warlord?: Tyranids
Total Game Victory Points: 0:4 Eldar: Tyranids, Tyranids ended up tabling Eldar
Campaign Victory Points: (how ever many a defeat table deducts from the team)
Story:

Farseer Taedr Kae sent Farseer Tolku to take Hive City Memros, via a request from the Imperial Forces

What Tolku did not expect was the enemy to be Tyranids, and for there to be so many

Farseer Tolku meditated on the matter along with his Warlock counsel whilst his strike force pressed the assault. The Tyranid leader had choked the local vicinity's atmosphere with spores, providing a clogging screen (night fighting warlord trait came into play)

The Eldar began their work slaughtering the gants and wounding the Carnifex

The clogging smoke cleared, and it was revealed... The Swarmlord led the swarm, and the Eldar knew it was lost...

Genestealers burst from a hidden escape hatch and charged towards the Wraithlords, Ymgarls burst from terrain and charged the scorpions a Ravener brood burst from their tunnels and ambushed the squad of Guardians, the other brood charged towards the Wraithknight, and the Swarmlord bellowed it's challenge and charged also.. with one swing he swiped the Wraithknight's feet from under it, and with a down strike cracked the Knight in two

the combats were over quickly, Eldar warriors were torn apart by the claws of their foes

Farseer Tolku and his counsel step in to the field of battle and did there work

and the Tyranids charged, again, and again

the swarm closed in... Farseer Tolku was injured but managed to escape to bring word to Taedr Kae

The Dire Avengers and their transport backed towards the ammunition supply

the horde continued to close in... the Dire Avengers were slaughtered but they took down their fair share of Tyranids with them. buying enough time for Tolku to return to his mistress

Sniperfex

Post by Sniperfex » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:37 am

I think we should place it at maximum 2 battle reports per player, per week

Hedonism, it seems like you're playing practically every two days

Nexus_Crawler
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:21 pm

I bow down to the geeks with the most free time! I am, on the other hand, going to go camping :)

I disagree a bit Hedonism - the two a day limit is a bit silly. we should have a weekly limit. 2 works for me but I can see your point. Is three games a week better?
Last edited by Nexus_Crawler on Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--
--Connoisseur of fine Cheese--

Sniperfex

Post by Sniperfex » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:43 pm

Hedonismbot wrote:Somewhat, I live about a 25 minute walk away from the nearest Gw which has a large wargaming community, so it's quite convenient.

Not what else to say here, I should be a little bit insulted, yet I somehow feel flattered if there are restrictions placed because of myself. But I disagree about doing that, other folks than myself would also be affected and that's not fair as a whole.
I did not intend it as an insult, so my apologies... it's just a little silly. some people won't get games in on a regular basis, the cap would sort of, restrict to how many VP people get per week, and it would be more fairer to the other factions who can't post regular battle reports and the like

I didn't mean any insult, I just figured it would be fairer to the other factions.

a 3 Battle Report cap for each player would tone it down so people can't just go to their local club several times a week, and continuously wipe the floor with their opponent and get 30+ CVP in a week for their team

Farseer Oz
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Farseer Oz » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:42 am

Name:Farseer Oz
Faction/Army:Order/Eldar Biel-Tan
Random Battle: Apocalypse
Points Total: 6k per side
Enemy Army Type: Orks 2k, Tyranids 2k, Dark Angels 2k (Chaos with illusion projectors, trying to break the alliance)
Location On Map:2416 taking back hex
Win or Lose:Win
Who Got First Blood?: N/A
Who Got Slay The Warlord?: N/A
Total Game Victory Points: 3 to 2
Campaign Victory Points: 3 (2 for win, 1 for pictures)
Story:

The trap had been set and all the pieces were in place. It torn at Farseer Ozraedar's heart but the request to Craftworld Stel-Uit for assistance was a ploy to trick the Dark Eldar kin. Farseer Ozraedar had even assist the Dark Eldar in slaying the forces of Stel-Uit, everything had been done correctly to stop the craftworld from finding out their betrayal. However, the Dark Eldar had to win and had to trust the forces of Biel-Tan that victory had been achieved for them to move on and report back to the Orks that they had won and that their forces could move in unopposed.

Scouts had reported that the Dark Eldar had moved on southeast towards the forces of the Imperium and that the Orks had landed and where moving towards the towns. Furthermore they had brought with them the true threat, the Tyranids lead by a Hive Tyrant was with them and setting up their atmospheric spores to feed on the living.

Farseer Ozraedar sat with the Autarchs who were discussing the battle to come, the full forces would come through the webway from the beacons placed earlier and not discovered by the Dark Eldar. As the strategies were becoming heated between the Autarchs on which tactics would provide the least loss of life the doors to the chambers opened. Furious for the interuption the Autarchs turns around to quickly shut their mouths and drop to their knees. Through the door walked 3 of the mighty Phoenix Lords, Jain Zar, Fuegan and Asurman himself. Asurman placed a hand on the head Autarch and said "Do not fear my son, I will lead our forces".

The Orks and Tyranids advanced through the Marshes destroying everything in its way. The Eldar scouts reported in something that the Farseers had not foreseen. Space Marines in the colors of the Dark Angels were present and assisting the Orks. Communications to the Dark Angels commander reported that no such force had been organised and that all their forces were accounted for. Once again the chamber door opened and Eldrad from Craftworld Ulthwe entered the room "Brother Ozraedar, the forces of Chaos are at work and are trying to disrupt our alliance with the imperium. The Lord of Change has disgised his forces as loyalists and to fight with the Orks and Tyranids, why I do not know and trying to understand the God Tzeench is to flaunt his daemons to enter the mind, I wish to join this attack".

As the enemy forces approached the webway gates the Rangers in their cameleon cloaks sent the signal. With a crack of energy the forces of Eldar ambushed the enemy forces with a force the size that none of the current campaign had currently seen.

Game: Played a game of the old Apocalypse as none of us had the new book. Orks/Nids bidded the lowest deployment time to go first. The board angle was against me and with first turn they deployed as close as they could hoping to get into combat straight away. I countered by deploying rangers in cover as far away as possible and that was it.

Turn 1 - Orks,Nids and Marines moved up as far as they could and anything that could see tried to shoot the rangers but did little as they were hiding. Eldar brought on half the forces which consisted of mostly the armoured contingent, Feugan with the fire dragons in a wave serpent and some dire avengers. Main damage was the loss of a battle wagon to a Falcons bright lance.

Turn 2 - Drop pod with Dread and terminators came crashing down in the lines of the Eldar taking down the dire avengers, Feugans wave serpent also dropped and the fire dragons were now on foot. Genestealers killed the Avatar. Eldar came on in full force. Wraithguard unit killed 2 Carnifex's, unit of dire avengers took down with Vypers took care of the genestealers, another unit of Wraithguard took care of the terminators and a unit of warlocks singing spears took down the Dreadnaught. Jain Zar and the banshees went flat out towards some marines on the objective. Warp Spiders landed and took care of a group of Killa Kans. Swooping Hawks flew over the lootas and dropped their grenades.

Turn 3 - Orks looted wagon, BattleWagon took care of the fire dragons leaving only Feugan, Warp Spiders got picked on and all died, the dire avengers that took care of the genestealers also died to mass firepower. A unit of Wraithguard also were killed. Scorpions were taken out by a sqaud of nid warriors, Jain Zar deployed out of the wave serpent to strike into the marines, Feugan took care of the battlewagon that spilled out a mass pile of Orks. Asurman with some dire avengers moved up and fired into the Hive Tyrant with his guard. One of the Guard dropped and the other was wounded but the Hive Tyrant was left untouched. Gargoyles were finally finished off by the Night Spinner and Fire Prism.

Turn 4 - Main event was the Hive Tyrant charging the dire avengers, overwatch did nothing and Asurman and the Hive Tyrant were locked in an ultimate challenge. With the assistance of a Farseer showing Asurman the Hive Tyrants moves before they happened helped him only take a minor wound, this was the opening that Asurman needed and the Phoenix Lord plunged his Diresword into the beast chest. The dire sword crackled with energy and sucked the soul of the beast into the sword and the great beast slumped to the ground. Jain Zar and the banshees charged into the devastor squad and made short work of them loosing a couple to overwatch. Feugan did drop to the mob of Orks and was slain with the weight of numbers.

Turn 5 - Was the last turn, the banshees were finished off leaving just Jain Zar and the other unit of Wraithguard where brough down to 2 sitting on the objective in no mans land. Eldar tried to finish off the lootas camping the Ork objective with the drop of the skyleaping hawks and another round of grenades and another barrage from the night spinner. But failed to break them or finish them off.

Eldar held 2 objectives and Orks 1 at the end.

Notes: Super lucky for the Hive Tyrant to fail his leadership test and roll an 11 to the one wound that Asurman did. I know Apoc games arent in the rules, so can I take this result as a 1999 game? With the massive battle that has been going on at hex 2416 thought a game of this size was fitting.

Recap: Farseer Ozraedar surveyed the battle field, the Orks were fleeing back across the ocean and the Chaos Marines had teleported back into the warp probably to feel the wrath of Lord Tzeenzch. The Eldar were moving their wounded back through the webway and also setting up weapon batteries on the beach head. If the enemy wanted to take back this beach they would come under heavy fire of a well bunkered down beach front this time.

Farseer Ozraedar moved over to the dead corpse of the Hive Tyrant and with his witchblade sliced off the beasts head. He roll the head over and looked into the beasts eyes. So many lives lost because of you the Farseer throught. The Orks will think it was them that we were after and trying to stop, but they were just the pawns, Eldar had betrayed their own kin because of this beast. If only they knew, if only they knew what this beast was going to become. Billions of lives had been saved by slaying this Hive Tyrant and stopping the Tyranids early.

Eldar Biel-Tan 18,740 pts - 8,069 pts painted
Chaos Daemons 2,600 pts - 840 pts painted

furrby
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: None, nobody likes me.

Post by furrby » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:17 am

Sniperfex wrote:I think we should place it at maximum 2 battle reports per player, per week

Hedonism, it seems like you're playing practically every two days

that would be good. I have weeks when i play 9-10 games and then next month nothing. So in the end its 1-2 games every 2 weeks. And i bet not many people play more than 1 a week.
Your hate makes me stronger.
Space Wolves tactica

Donteatrawhagis

Post by Donteatrawhagis » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:38 pm

You could report them a week later
Writer/Programmer

furrby
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: None, nobody likes me.

Post by furrby » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:51 pm

Donteatrawhagis wrote:You could report them a week later
Yes ? And ? it is to prevent marginalisation of players with life by people playing 18 games a week.
Your hate makes me stronger.
Space Wolves tactica

Nexus_Crawler
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:58 pm

Name: Nexus_Crawler
Faction/Army:Dark Angels - Imperial
Random Battle: No
Points Total:2000
Enemy Army Type: Grey Knights - Chaotic Neutral Allied with CSM, Nurgle.
Location On Map: (hexes are numbered) 3717
Win or Lose: Crushing Victory
Who Got First Blood?: Dark Angels
Who Got Slay The Warlord?: Dark Angels
Total Game Victory Points: DA had 8 at last count. opponent conceded.
Campaign Victory Points: 3
Story:

Heresy was reported within the borders of the Pallid Woods. Apparently, a member of the inquisition has gone rogue and was its legions were to be eradicated ion the most through way possible. Heresy will not be tolerated.

A massive gunline of the Dark Angels: third company waited in ambush south of Harrow Hill. in anticipation of a mass movement of troops moving east, out of the densely wooded undergrowth. once clear, the Legion commander himself ordered his troops to open fire. Bolstered by his mighty presence and the Banner of Devastation flapping overhead, the marines emptied clip after clip of bolter fire. an excess of explosive rounds gutting down the Grey knights and the bloated and rotting corpses of Nurgle where they stood.

They Grey knights, shocked by the viciousness of the sudden onslaught regrouped and made a push through the center of the battlefield towards the command squads Land Raider. and advancing troops, only to be intercepted by a squad of flanking ravenwing bikers meant to delay any frontal assault with a hit and run tactic. After the bikers rode off, the gunline released another massive volley of salvo rounds into the enemy.

The repeated force of this tactic and the inability of the enemy commander to gain any ground on the battlefield led to his eventual flight and the surrender of the remaining troops.

After the surrender, the false champions of the inquisition were allowed to repent before their corrupted gene seed of the fallen was removed and destroyed.

Additional Notes:

I asked one of my buddies to put together a grey knights list just to make this post. Because grey knights are represented in the Chaotic Neutral faction, any battle report vs them will be vs.that faction.
Last edited by Nexus_Crawler on Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:17 am

Hedonismbot wrote:Aren't the grey knights in my faction specifically Furrby's? Then shouldn't the only battles fought against gk's for that to count be against Furrby himself?
If he can get points for the faction playing GK then I can get points for my faction playing VS. GK. The Dark Angels will prevail in rooting out corruption where the inquisition has obviously failed.

For the EMPEROR!
--Necrons, Dark Angels--