MWG Global Campaign [War & Rules]

For older stuff.
speckydave
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: MWG Global Campaign [War & Rules]

Post by speckydave » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:52 pm

Then again, if you can only play normal games 3 times a year, you probably shouldn't be attempting to play a large role in a worldwide campaign.

Necrons 4eva
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Necrons 4eva » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:54 pm

Maybe, you just want to help out the team you are on, maybe you have more important priorities.
But then again, you can only play three games a year
Necrons, Resocakh dynasty.
6255 WYSIWYG almost all painted

Chaos Space Marines, 2nd legion
~7000 WYSIWYG half painted

"It isn't the army, its the player."

"Plans are nothing, planning is everything."

Lionic
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Location: somewher over the prysmatic refection of visible light in dihydrogen monoxide percipitaition

Post by Lionic » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:00 pm

i think it is perfectly fair to play apoc having more affect. its not an unfair advantage, as it is possible that he would lose, and if he did he would lose big. he either gains alot or loses alot, so it would have to be a cauculated risk.
The question is, do oil your war machines... or feed them

speckydave
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by speckydave » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:26 am

I mostly agree with what you're saying but my main point is that I don't think it is unreasonable to be allowed to submit my apoc game when it will actually matter alongside the rest of the apoc games that will be submitted rather than having to submit it now or not at all when it will count for jack all in many cases as people just build up smaller games in the same area. Unless this campaign phase runs until April next year, I won't get another apoc game in and will have lost my chance to have as large an affect as others. For one, if I hadn't said about keeping it loaded in draft form I would have been able to submit it at that time anyway. I'm not saying "I want my battles to be the priority amongst the campaign and no matter what size they are to win a region on their own." I'm saying that I think I should be allowed to keep my report ready for when it might have an effect rather than submitting it now near the very start when it will have little or no effect due to the number of reports that will be submitted in the same area. The reason I say apocalypse games should have a large impact is because, like it says in the title, they are of apocalyptic proportions and the fact that Katharon said they will count for something later on. I'm not saying I want to submit it now and wreck the planet, I'm saying I want to submit it later along with the rest of the apoc reports that others players do so that it will actually count for something.

Sniperfex
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Sniperfex » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:53 am

Hmmm... I wonder if I can work my zombie apocalypse into this campaign later this month

ANYWAY!

I agree with some people playing 2/3 times a week, whereas some will only ever play once a fortnight or something...

for example at my local group, we have Deathwatch once a month. and 40K three times a month... A little unfair seeing as Deathwatch is much more fun

as for apocalypse, we only ever get one a year if we're lucky, and that's only around the christmas holidays :(
"Do you really want to waste your time
Wake up and live your life
I want to be your chemical ride"

Sniperfex, ruining people's hopes and dreams since 1993

speckydave
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by speckydave » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:47 am

Therefore would you want that game to have to be submitted straight away when it may not have any impact or later on when it will affect a campaign like an apocalypse battle would affect GW fluff.

Also, on the initial rules page, it doesn't say anything about battle reports having to be submitted in the same day/week/month as they happened.

Necrons 4eva
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Necrons 4eva » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:29 am

yeah, just submit them as normal batreps and we will all be happy
Necrons, Resocakh dynasty.
6255 WYSIWYG almost all painted

Chaos Space Marines, 2nd legion
~7000 WYSIWYG half painted

"It isn't the army, its the player."

"Plans are nothing, planning is everything."