MWG Global Campaign [War & Rules]

For older stuff.
Nexus_Crawler
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: MWG Global Campaign [War & Rules]

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:35 am

Go team 1982!
--Necrons, Dark Angels--
--Connoisseur of fine Cheese--

hislittlecuzin
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by hislittlecuzin » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:55 pm

1829 is better cuz that was the end of the Russo-Turkish War.
Guardsmen are like ants. No matter how many get vaporized, they just keep on coming. Why can't pancakes be the same? I would pass the salt, but I just got tabled.

Xyel
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by Xyel » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:29 am

Is it possible to see an updated map somewhere? I tried to read back into the campaign but its rather difficult with basic map + 12 pages of battle reports...

furrby
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: None, nobody likes me.

Post by furrby » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:01 pm

Well the thing is that without map being updated i don't even know if i'm attacking enemy or our land lolz.
Your hate makes me stronger.
Space Wolves tactica

speckydave
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by speckydave » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:32 am

Are apocalypse battles allowed in Phase 2?

Katharon

Post by Katharon » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:05 pm

speckydave wrote:Are apocalypse battles allowed in Phase 2?
Sure, but it will not have any more weight than a normal battle. Only when a certain time comes will an Apoc battle have more points worth than normal.

speckydave
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by speckydave » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:51 am

Is it okay for me to keep it loaded for when it will matter then because this game included the entire collections of both me and my opponent?

Katharon

Post by Katharon » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:41 am

speckydave wrote:Is it okay for me to keep it loaded for when it will matter then because this game included the entire collections of both me and my opponent?
No.

speckydave
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by speckydave » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:02 am

Well it doesn't seem right that an apocalypse game containing over 200 marines + vehicles vs about 100 Chaos marines + traitor guard + vehicles has the same effect on an area as a 500 point game.

hislittlecuzin

Post by hislittlecuzin » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:26 pm

Maybe the 500 points are on a strategic planet with a hostile environment so if you brought in too many troops you would burn up too many supplies keeping them there.
Guardsmen are like ants. No matter how many get vaporized, they just keep on coming. Why can't pancakes be the same? I would pass the salt, but I just got tabled.

hislittlecuzin

Post by hislittlecuzin » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:30 pm

I like my description better.

Katharon

Post by Katharon » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:27 pm

As Hedonismbot said, not everyone has the time or models to play Apoc-level games all the time (I do it maybe once a year if I am lucky) -- so it would be unfair to allow those that could gain special advantage against those that can't. It's about fairness.

Also, even if a battle is large and of titanic proportions, it doesn't mean that that particular battle means anything. WWI is a great IRL example of large, set piece battles involving millions of men that ultimately were worth nothing in the strategic gains of either side.

So, yeah, no Apoc level games will gain any added benefits until a later date.

speckydave
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by speckydave » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:46 am

In all fairness, I only play apoc when I can get down to Warhammer World, so I only play it about once or twice a year. As for 3,000 games I don't mind them counting the same as everything else but when we use apocalypse, seen as most players will play it once or twice a year, and the superior size of the games, they should probably be more influential or at least allow the people playing them to submit the battle report at a later date.

Also, WW1 was conducted by armies that were unsure of what to do, hence the digging in of both sides, Generals who were reluctant to use tactics other than human wave to get the job done and conditions that constantly hindered troop morale,movement and effectiveness not a superhuman force with decades if not centuries of experience that are famed for lightning assaults. So WW1 isn't the best example of how titanic battles fail to gain ground in the 41st millennium.

Necrons 4eva

Post by Necrons 4eva » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:05 pm

You play apoc 3 times a year, some play normal 3 times a year. In all fairness is being directly applied by counting the 1850 point game that someone else can play 3 times a year as the same as your apoc. You should not try to give your team an unfair advantage that can not be countered by normal games.
Necrons, Resocakh dynasty.
6255 WYSIWYG almost all painted

Chaos Space Marines, 2nd legion
~7000 WYSIWYG half painted

"It isn't the army, its the player."

"Plans are nothing, planning is everything."