MWG Global Campaign [War & Rules]

For older stuff.
Wochtulka
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: MWG Global Campaign [War & Rules]

Post by Wochtulka » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:06 pm

I think we have equivalents to beach tables at some of our game stores... we have desert tables to which you just add stuff that would be on the beach and youre all set! :)

Dragon
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Dragon » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:15 pm

MWG used to have one with the water along one table edge that would have been intresting
2015 Stats: W-6,L-2,T-1

Overall Stats:W-28,L-7,T-4

Not bad for skirt wearing marines! :P

Sniperfex
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Sniperfex » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:01 pm

Can we put a cap on how many hexs we can launch an attack from? Theres an ork/necron player who just attacked hex 0306 from the neutral chaos. Territory... Thats all the way across the map

Can we cap it so that an attack on enemy territory can only happen as long as it is within 10 hexs of your controlled territory
"Do you really want to waste your time
Wake up and live your life
I want to be your chemical ride"

Sniperfex, ruining people's hopes and dreams since 1993

Sniperfex
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Sniperfex » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:10 pm

For example

Planet Strike attacks can only be done within 10 hexes of own controlled territories

Kill Team missions can only be applied up to 7 hexes in

Border attacks (pretty obvious)

Amphibious attacks.. As long as both territories are seperated by a vast body of water then you can attack it, providing you control a water territory ( i think this one may have already been established)

You know this will sort of cut back on people "teleporting" and taking territories the other side of the map

Some armies i'd understand, like necrons with tombs, eldar with webways, etc... But it would stop people going

"i like this map hex, i'll take it"
"Do you really want to waste your time
Wake up and live your life
I want to be your chemical ride"

Sniperfex, ruining people's hopes and dreams since 1993

Dragon

Post by Dragon » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:11 pm

Karathon?
2015 Stats: W-6,L-2,T-1

Overall Stats:W-28,L-7,T-4

Not bad for skirt wearing marines! :P

Katharon
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Katharon » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:13 pm

Sniperfex wrote:Can we put a cap on how many hexs we can launch an attack from? Theres an ork/necron player who just attacked hex 0306 from the neutral chaos. Territory... Thats all the way across the map

Can we cap it so that an attack on enemy territory can only happen as long as it is within 10 hexs of your controlled territory
As long as they played it Planet Strike style, then its ok. If however they didn't, then I'll deduct CVP accordingly or else have that particular battle report erased. I'll need to look into it first.

Necrons 4eva

Post by Necrons 4eva » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:21 pm

ok, I had one where I planetstruck across the map
didnt know if that was ok, but i dids it anyway
Necrons, Resocakh dynasty.
6255 WYSIWYG almost all painted

Chaos Space Marines, 2nd legion
~7000 WYSIWYG half painted

"It isn't the army, its the player."

"Plans are nothing, planning is everything."

Donteatrawhagis

Post by Donteatrawhagis » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:34 pm

Katharon wrote:
Sniperfex wrote:Can we put a cap on how many hexs we can launch an attack from? Theres an ork/necron player who just attacked hex 0306 from the neutral chaos. Territory... Thats all the way across the map

As long as they played it Planet Strike style, then its ok. If however they didn't, then I'll deduct CVP accordingly or else have that particular battle report erased. I'll need to look into it first.
One of my problems is that if I can't attack Order territory than no of my matches matter because Tau territory is so damn far away. If I had a match between Chaos there should be no reason why it shouldn't be calculated some how.

Otherwise Chaotic Neutral can only attack Imperium.

And no one in my area plays Planet Strike. I have a very limited player pool to choose from especially since the stores in the area that do support 40k either all do it on Sunday or do Misc mini's night which is usually Warmachine or smaller wargames.

Just my two cents on that rule.
Writer/Programmer

Lionic
Location: somewher over the prysmatic refection of visible light in dihydrogen monoxide percipitaition

Post by Lionic » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:39 pm

Donteatrawhagis wrote:
Katharon wrote:

One of my problems is that if I can't attack Order territory than no of my matches matter because Tau territory is so damn far away. If I had a match between Chaos there should be no reason why it shouldn't be calculated some how.

And no one in my area plays Planet Strike. I have a very limited player pool to choose from especially since the stores in the area that do support 40k either all do it on Sunday or do Misc mini's night which is
usually Warmachine or smaller wargames.

you can always attack across the sea, using the beach assualt mission. feel free to use the under sea tomb complex i may, or may not be building
The question is, do oil your war machines... or feed them

Katharon

Post by Katharon » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:14 am

Donteatrawhagis wrote:

And no one in my area plays Planet Strike. I have a very limited player pool to choose from especially since the stores in the area that do support 40k either all do it on Sunday or do Misc mini's night which is usually Warmachine or smaller wargames.

You can try the D-Day assault mission I created. Also, more new missions are being created and will be posted in the near future that will allow you to attack anyone Donteat (I want to call you Donut, I don't know why), so be patient with me. For now, I'll let your battle report stand as is and let it fly.

hislittlecuzin

Post by hislittlecuzin » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:20 am

If the defending player retains two out of the three primary objectives with no enemy denial units blocking them -- then the defending player wins. If the attacking player is tabled, and has no units left remaining on the board, then the attacking player wins.

Operation beachhead or something like that. the first mission.
Guardsmen are like ants. No matter how many get vaporized, they just keep on coming. Why can't pancakes be the same? I would pass the salt, but I just got tabled.

Katharon

Post by Katharon » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:41 am

Small mistake. Fixed.

Donteatrawhagis

Post by Donteatrawhagis » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:19 am

Its tough to get 1850 pt games around here. Is it possible to change the hex scoring to be more like this:
1,000-1,499 Point Battle Win = 1 Hex Conquered
1,500-1,750 Point Battle Win = 2 Adjacent Hexes Conquered
1,850-1,999 Point Battle Win = 3 Adjacent Hexes Conquered
Writer/Programmer

Katharon

Post by Katharon » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:42 am

Then play 1,999 point battles or 2k without double FoC, or anywhere in between. I've changed it enough as it is.