MWG Global Campaign [War & Rules]

For older stuff.
Katharon
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: MWG Global Campaign [War & Rules]

Post by Katharon » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:29 pm

Ronin wrote:Is it possible to go negative in CVP or are we capping it at 0?

Capping at 0 is best I think. Unless you guys care to make it go into the negatives?

Dragon
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Dragon » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:38 pm

We need Commanders for the 4 factions posted
2015 Stats: W-6,L-2,T-1

Overall Stats:W-28,L-7,T-4

Not bad for skirt wearing marines! :P

Katharon

Post by Katharon » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:46 pm

Whoever wants to be a faction leader, please post in here and come forward.

Dragon

Post by Dragon » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:54 pm

True hoever I thought we voted for the Imperial already
2015 Stats: W-6,L-2,T-1

Overall Stats:W-28,L-7,T-4

Not bad for skirt wearing marines! :P

FDARaptor
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by FDARaptor » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:54 am

Me

VulkansFinest

Post by VulkansFinest » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:47 pm

I am confused about the map as to where what factions are where and the name of the hexes that we can attack. Say I do a battle (am doing one tommorrow) I have no idea of as to where I can attack.
"Into the fire of battle! Unto the anvil of war!"
6000 Point salamander army
Salamander legion rules are awesome!
Eye to eye! Tooth to tooth!

Donteatrawhagis

Post by Donteatrawhagis » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:28 pm

I'll post my loses. Out of the six games I have to play in the next few weeks I think I'll end up with at most a 3/3 win ratio. At least a 2/4 win ratio.
Writer/Programmer

Katharon

Post by Katharon » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:34 pm

VulkansFinest wrote:I am confused about the map as to where what factions are where and the name of the hexes that we can attack. Say I do a battle (am doing one tommorrow) I have no idea of as to where I can attack.

Currently each faction occupies a stretch of territory. You are not bound to a single hex within that territory. So you can fight a battle at one part of the battle line on one day, and then the next your forces have been shifted to a different part of the battle line for some other battle.

For lack of a better way of putting it: you are everywhere and nowhere within your faction's territory.

Wochtulka
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Wochtulka » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:52 pm

I just read through the amphibious assault mission and I have a couple of things/suggestions to make:

Why does the attacked get the first turn? On the DDay for example the first assault wave certainly didnt "get the first turn." I think it should be the other way around.

The bombardment is fine as is the fortification which should maybe be more limited, didnt fully understand how it is limited now... or not if the attacker gets way more stuff. (In case yes then maybe a points cost limit of like 100 or 150?) Maybe an option to buy more preliminary bombardment for the attacker as well? At about 100-150 points per shot?

The attacker should get about 20-33% more points worth of units (1000 vs 1500, 1500 vs 2100 and 2000 vs 2800 sounds maybe about right?) and should arrive in a couple of waves. Maybe give him an option to buy assault boats? Having him have for example have a free boat for each of his troops choices and for his warlord HQ but have him pay additional points for having specialized boats that would deliver elites, fast attack and heavy support on turn 1 rather than from reserves? I dont know about points costs for those boats but they could be something between 20-50% of the unit cost.

Deploy should be I think 18" and not 24" for the defender. 12" for the attacker is fine.

What do you guys think? What do you think the exact numbers might be right for this to work? I am not trying to undermine the current rules here, just maybe taking a different approach/offering alternatives as this campaign is still highly experimental.

Wochtulka
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Wochtulka » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:02 pm

I am not saying the mission is bad or imbalanced or anything just that maybe you might want to look at my ideas in case they maybe fit the scenario we are trying to make rules for more. :)

OH and another idea: Battlefleet Gothic?? If anyone plays that etc and if we will ever later need something sorted out in space I report my fleet into action for the Imperium!