God Cards

This is for discussing anything to do with Wizard's Magic, the Gathering card game.
drsergen
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

God Cards

Post by drsergen » Fri May 23, 2014 1:34 pm

i have 3 God cards and i need help knowing how to build the decks to use them right, any suggestions . .
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

Marit Lage
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: God Cards

Post by Marit Lage » Fri May 23, 2014 2:00 pm

It varies depending on the god.
Chaos Space Marine Tactica (old)
Models painted in 2018:
2 Exalted Champion
Dark Apostle
Abaddon
7 Raptors
2 Chaos Bikers
5 Chaos Terminators
4 Custodians

drsergen
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Fri May 23, 2014 2:54 pm

i have . . . the white red and the black red gods i believe morgis and iroas .

should i focus on certain types of creatures or certain types of spells ? or both ?
ive already built decks but haven't play them yet.
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Fri May 23, 2014 4:20 pm

Marit Lage
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Marit Lage » Fri May 23, 2014 6:13 pm

The first two belong on aggro decks, while the last should be in a ramp deck.
Chaos Space Marine Tactica (old)
Models painted in 2018:
2 Exalted Champion
Dark Apostle
Abaddon
7 Raptors
2 Chaos Bikers
5 Chaos Terminators
4 Custodians

m14
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Awarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by m14 » Sat May 24, 2014 10:53 pm

It also depends on the format you're building for. If you're going for commander then there's all sorts of directions you can go with both Iroas and Mogis with ease. Both can do a form of control and straight up beat-face. If standard, your guess is as good as mine.

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Mon May 26, 2014 4:44 pm

Marit Lage wrote:The first two belong on aggro decks, while the last should be in a ramp deck.

aggro . . ramp . . woosh over my head.!!!

Lionic
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Location: somewher over the prysmatic refection of visible light in dihydrogen monoxide percipitaition

Post by Lionic » Mon May 26, 2014 6:06 pm

agro= agressive, lots of small 1-3 power creatures rushing the oponent, + creature buffs and damage spells.

ramp= getting lots of manna often by way of searching for lands using cards and creatures that produce mana. once you have a lot of mana, you summon gaint creatures, sutch as eldrazi, demons, or otherwise huge game winning creatures.
The question is, do oil your war machines... or feed them

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Tue May 27, 2014 9:20 am

Lionic wrote:agro= agressive, lots of small 1-3 power creatures rushing the oponent, + creature buffs and damage spells.

ramp= getting lots of manna often by way of searching for lands using cards and creatures that produce mana. once you have a lot of mana, you summon gaint creatures, sutch as eldrazi, demons, or otherwise huge game winning creatures.

"i was painting a noise marine, but i made the mistake of dropping the base.." are you a father ?

and thanks for this description is there alot of small creatures in a ramp deck as well . ?

Zeruel13
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Zeruel13 » Tue May 27, 2014 2:17 pm

All of the small creatures in a ramp deck tend to all be mana dorks, aka creatures with abilities to tap for mana like Birds of Paradise, Elvish Mystic, Lannowar Elves etc.

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Wed May 28, 2014 9:22 am

okay. im st arting to understand i have some decks to rebuild. ... could i put the red white and red black god cards in the same deck ?

Zeruel13

Post by Zeruel13 » Wed May 28, 2014 12:04 pm

Sure you can run as many colours as you like, the deck just gets less efficient when doing so unless you're willing to put up the cash for a pretty expensive mana base.

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Wed May 28, 2014 1:02 pm

expensive mana base ?

BewareOfTom
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by BewareOfTom » Wed May 28, 2014 1:36 pm

I think he means the cards that would help you do it are expensive to buy online (since alot of people want them)
I have half a mind to kill you, and the other half agrees

"(Lebianism) is rather inefficient... there appear to be interface problems"
- Engelbart Kappa

Kidnapping? I call it surprise adoption!

drsergen

Post by drsergen » Wed May 28, 2014 1:43 pm

oooo okay. . .