I've gotten back into MTG

This is for discussing anything to do with Wizard's Magic, the Gathering card game.
Cthulu Mechanicus
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

I've gotten back into MTG

Post by Cthulu Mechanicus » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:55 pm

I found out a friend plays, and after I've been thoroughly curb stomped by everyone waving a card, I'm thinking of expanding my repertoire of cards. However, after spending days salivating over New Phyrexia, and a trio of phone calls, I found out that it's out of print. Is Gatecrash still in place? I like the idea of the Orzhov and the Boros.
A Luna: Best reply ... ever.

Marit Lage
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: I've gotten back into MTG

Post by Marit Lage » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

You can buy singles, you know.
Chaos Space Marine Tactica (old)
Models painted in 2018:
2 Exalted Champion
Dark Apostle
Abaddon
7 Raptors
2 Chaos Bikers
5 Chaos Terminators
4 Custodians

Cthulu Mechanicus
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Cthulu Mechanicus » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:43 pm

I could, but I really like the looks of the Orzhov, and I played a match over MTGdeckbuilder with them. I lasted longer than I ever have before! I also prefer to buy in bulk, so the Orzhov Oppression intro pack seems perfect for me.
A Luna: Best reply ... ever.

Nonebutone
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Nonebutone » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:24 pm

The sets currently Inprint are:
Return to Ravnica
Gatecrash
Dragon's Maze
M14

And... soon

Theros.

There is actually alot of potential with the Orzhov color scheme with Theros launch, you can use ghost council, along with the new theros legendary black artifact/enchant to basically make an unkillable creature. (So long as no one exiles your graveyard)

Not to mention the fun of reanimation style cards and the rather high costing yet awesome Black/white cards being previwed.

-None
"The Humans say, If you build it they will come. Alas each time I build something, Most people tend to Run." -Musing of the Dreadboss.