It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:40 am 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Alright folks, this Saturday is the Avacyn restored pre-release event, Which hopefully a few of us are able to go to.

Whats your game plan for the event? Color preference? Now that the set is fully previewed, We can guess at what cards will be available!

My Gameplan is well, Hoping for low cost creatures! The set on average feels rather... High In its mana curb, So i'm just hoping that I'm not stuck going 3 colors with lowest casting creature being a 4!

-None

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:47 pm 

I'm kinda going for the same with, only W/R with heavy finishers.

Also, I was hoping to win and use the helvault as a terrain piece for my Warmachine games, but the Helvault is so big O.O.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:05 am 

Well I'm leaving in just over 2 hours for the helvault event in my area, we are apparently expecting approximately 35 people, So it should be a decent sized event,

I'll post results of my games later on today, hopefully i do well!

Though i was likewise surprised about how large the helvault was, I'm hoping that it lives up to everyone's expectations as to what is within.

-None

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:25 am 

Within the helvault:

Silvered D20 Dice for Avacyn restored
Flip sided Angel/demon tokens
EDH sized Versions of the legendary angels and Demons from the set

My Experience:

Opened my packs, got alot... of VERY expensive creatures, mostly red/green... other three colors were significantly lacking in well... Anything of worth.

Went Red/Green for the start of the day.

Match 1:
Almost a Mirror match, Red/Green.. my deck worked better apparntly, easy win for games 1 and 2

Match 2:
Got mana screwed HARD... proceeded to lose both games due to deck failing me!(or... shuffling whatever)

Match 3:
Another loss, Decided to switch to Tri color, (Green/Red/White) To add more creatures and hope for the best!

match 4:
Easy Victory, Adding white really helped as it gave me flying options rather then just mass groundpound

Match 5:
a rather close game... and another mirror match, (infact 3/6 of our rares were the same!) Won in 3

Came in 15th out of 34, so... Not great, Not that bad.
Going to a 2nd event today, Hopefully today I will do better

-None