April Headline Challenge - Who's up for it?

In order to keep the main Deathmatch forum from getting too cluttered, Threads pertaining to previous months are moved here.

Moderator: edsgotjive

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

April Headline Challenge - Who's up for it?

Postby Epic Duck Mike » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:23 pm

After a great Deathmatch against Midge last month and a narrow victory, I've now got to take on a new challenger for April. Usually we sort this out in advance, but last month was a bit hectic real-life-wise... so we're going to be a few painting days short.

Who would like to challenge me in the Headline Match this month? I'm open to miniature suggestions, GW or PP miniatures preferred (due to the shorter timeline and their better availability). I also have the following models waiting for paint:

Dark Eldar Succubus
Dark Eldar Sslyth
Trollbloods Gunnbjorn
*lots* of Legion of Everblight
Vanguard Veteran Marine (Mk6 helmet)
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

WandalfTheGhite
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: April Headline Challenge - Who's up for it?

Postby WandalfTheGhite » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:41 pm

I definitely would, might be a good break because I haven't really been up to painting lately, been a bit discouraged on painting some sanguinary guard,not sure if I'll be up to par, but I might as well test my painting skills. Any chance we could paint something different, imperial guard, possibly Eldar. Thanks.
Wandalf's Lawn Care - "Weeds shall not pass!" - Shas Mechanicus

"Wandalf, I like you. You can stay" - Iggy

"Hufflepuffs are excellent finders."
SO. MUCH. WIN!!!!! I LOVE YOU FOREVER FOR THAT! XD - Clabbage

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Epic Duck Mike » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:03 pm

WandalfTheGhite wrote:I definitely would, might be a good break because I haven't really been up to painting lately, been a bit discouraged on painting some sanguinary guard,not sure if I'll be up to par, but I might as well test my painting skills. Any chance we could paint something different, imperial guard, possibly Eldar. Thanks.

I've got a good number of Eldar models kicking around:
Eldrad
Striking Scorpions
Fire Dragons
Banshees
Dark Reapers
Farseer
Warlocks (I have 8-9 of these, this would be my pick)

I think I have a frame of Warriors as well, but I'd like to save them for a project.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

WandalfTheGhite
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby WandalfTheGhite » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:09 pm

I would be up for the warlocks or , thanks.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Postby Epic Duck Mike » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:43 am

What model does the comma represent?

WandalfTheGhite

Postby WandalfTheGhite » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:23 am

It was Eldrad, but I can't go in this this month, all of my weekends are booked up but one so I don't think I Would paint to my best, sorry but thanks for the offer :D

Durf
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryWon the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Postby Durf » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:26 pm

I've got Gunnbjorn already if you are interested in painting that model with me.

stevey293
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Postby stevey293 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:27 pm

I can do a sternguard marine against tour vanguard if no one else jumps in on this? Im doing another member of the squad for a deathmatch and the full squad for a heresy competition anyway?

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Postby Epic Duck Mike » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:56 pm

My apologies to WandalfTheGhite, Dez and I ended up arranging a challenge that I couldn't refuse off-thread. Durf, I'd love to go toe-to-toe with you again in the future - if I remember right, aren't you the one who initially dethroned me a year or so ago? ;)

Stevey, we just DM'd back in February... you'll have to wait a bit ;)

Painting Deathmatch Rules wrote:3 - A headliner may not challenge, or accept a challenge from, the same painter within a 3 month period, unless there are no other challengers. This is to make sure everyone has a chance at the Title.

WandalfTheGhite

Postby WandalfTheGhite » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:44 am

That's fine, I don't think I am the Person who dethroned you as i started on the forum 3 weeks ago, but yeah I'd be up for a future competition just need to find some free time to do some painting. Good luck to you and Dez

stevey293
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Postby stevey293 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:08 am

No worries. I did say if no one else offers.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Postby Epic Duck Mike » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:27 am

stevey293 wrote:No worries. I did say if no one else offers.

Two people had already offered ahead of you ;) Still looking forward to a rematch sometime though!

stevey293

Postby stevey293 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:09 am

Indeed. You just need to keep your top spot ;p

Durf
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryWon the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Postby Durf » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:57 pm

I do own the Blitzer as well. Just puttin' that out there if you and Dez are interested in some 3-way action... (double entendre)

Return to “Archive of Past Deathmatches”