December side-challenges!

In order to keep the main Deathmatch forum from getting too cluttered, Threads pertaining to previous months are moved here.
A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Re: December side-challenges!

Post by A Luna » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:26 am

stevey293 wrote:
Midge913 wrote:
A Luna wrote:Anyone up for
Sanguinor
or...
Dark Vlad from enigma miniatures? :)
Gosh darnit Luna I would love to take you up on the Sanguinor this month but I just have too much to do already. Hold on to him and I will take that challenge come February once I get this commission done and the KOTH mini completed.
And me :D
Alright guys! I hope you don't have a problem that I'm already painting him? I'm making a series of videos on how to paint him and it takes a while :P
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

stevey293
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by stevey293 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:36 am

Its fine with me. I'm following the videos too.

Are you ok with conversions? (both midge and aluna)

Midge913
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Midge913 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:36 am

A Luna wrote: Alright guys! I hope you don't have a problem that I'm already painting him? I'm making a series of videos on how to paint him and it takes a while :P
Nope no issues here. Like I said I would love to get to him earlier than February's DM, but I just don't have the time. :(. I am totally cool with you entering him in the DM already painted.
stevey293 wrote:Its fine with me. I'm following the videos too.

Are you ok with conversions? (both midge and aluna)
Conversions are finewith me mate.
www.midge913.com
Commissions, Works in Progress, and Gallery
Follow me on Twitter:@MidgesWorkshop

stevey293
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by stevey293 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:12 am

I still need to pluck up the courage for the conversion i think it would suit dante better.

Chop at the waist and stuck on the night bringer lower half.
I intercepted a crimbo prezzie from the missus today horun blackheart so that'll be up for a paintoff after crimbo.

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by A Luna » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:09 am

stevey293 wrote:I still need to pluck up the courage for the conversion i think it would suit dante better.

Chop at the waist and stuck on the night bringer lower half.
I intercepted a crimbo prezzie from the missus today horun blackheart so that'll be up for a paintoff after crimbo.
I just knew I saw that before:
http://www.coolminiornot.com/155739?browseid=5103534

Painted by RAFF, a mastermind.

Alright guys! Cheers!
Smile!

CMON Gallery
Youtube

stevey293

Post by stevey293 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:16 am

Aggggh. Hadn't seen that done till then. His is stunning though.

Its also shown me the torsos are a good fit i was worried one would be bigger than the other. The way i pictured it is alot different to that though.

Tmb
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry
Location: I live as the crow flies... err... You get what I mean.

Post by Tmb » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:56 am

I want to post in big letters...

Tmb Vs. darkned1ight
Daemon The Prince Vs. Daemon Prince.

(yes my daemon princes name is daemon... dont mock him.)
The Sky holds the Storm Rain Mist Lightning Cloud and the Sun all in harmony

strikingsquirp133
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by strikingsquirp133 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:07 pm

Anybody up for Tzeentch changeling?? I like my Tzeentch :twisted:
they will come for u wether u like it or not
"Eldalote Lossëhelin the nightslaying scorpion"

A Luna
Gold Vault Member

Post by A Luna » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:49 pm

Updated! Also added a reminder for Februari for Stevey and Midge.
Smile!

CMON Gallery
Youtube

stevey293

Post by stevey293 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:51 pm

Cheers two models ordered.

Been along time since we had a paint off aluna zhufor was fun cant believe it ended as a draw.

Oh and thanks for the video how to do yours its completely killed my confidence.

Midge913
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Midge913 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:25 pm

A Luna wrote:Updated! Also added a reminder for Februari for Stevey and Midge.
I am on it mate. Though I don't think mine is going to stand a chance against yours. That scheme is incredible!
www.midge913.com
Commissions, Works in Progress, and Gallery
Follow me on Twitter:@MidgesWorkshop

Asrodrig
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Asrodrig » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:48 pm

Imma have to pull out of the Predator challenge, unfortunately. It's surprisingly hard to find a good time to prime models in Canadian winters. I could always do it next month, though (again, provided I can find the time & place to start priming).

Tmb
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry
Location: I live as the crow flies... err... You get what I mean.

Post by Tmb » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:39 pm

Asrodrig wrote:Imma have to pull out of the Predator challenge, unfortunately. It's surprisingly hard to find a good time to prime models in Canadian winters. I could always do it next month, though (again, provided I can find the time & place to start priming).
Pffft! Alberta has been having beautiful weather... but ya for Canada it's nice but it still is cold and snowy :P

Just a heads up I may not finish the daemon prince challenge but I'll do my best, but I don't want to rush through it.
The Sky holds the Storm Rain Mist Lightning Cloud and the Sun all in harmony

IGfanatic
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!

Post by IGfanatic » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:43 am

I have like 2" (and melting) of snow just 3 hours south of you Tmb. :P

I put in three hours on my autocannons, im hopping to get the cannons and men done completely today, and base them. Friday I'll do the extra bits...
Iggy's are proud and noble creatures.

The Jank Collective Youtube channel.

A Luna
Gold Vault Member

Post by A Luna » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:22 pm

Ahum... deathmatch challenges? Not weather please
Smile!

CMON Gallery
Youtube