Guildy vs Arnathos, Manufactorum

In order to keep the main Deathmatch forum from getting too cluttered, Threads pertaining to previous months are moved here.

Who won?

Poll ended at Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:56 pm

Arnathos
60%
Guildenstern
40%

Total votes: 15

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Guildy vs Arnathos, Manufactorum

Post by Dez » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:56 pm

Arnathos

Guildenstern

PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Re: Guildy vs Arnathos, Manufactorum

Post by Kovlovsky » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:37 pm

That was hard as both are awesome! I love the blue tint that the Arnathos one has, but I prefer the weathering that Guildenstern has done. It looked more extensive and fitted better a ruin type of building. So I voted for hers, but Arnathos was really really close to get my vote because of the said tint.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:12 am

Kovlovsky wrote:That was hard as both are awesome! I love the blue tint that the Arnathos one has, but I prefer the weathering that Guildenstern has done. It looked more extensive and fitted better a ruin type of building. So I voted for hers, but Arnathos was really really close to get my vote because of the said tint.
That's funny, as I voted for Arnathos, because of it's weathered look, as I can't see any weathering done by Guildenstern. xD
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:40 pm

ha, I didn't do very much weathering - mostly was washes really - the bronze didn't get done at all yet sadly. Not because I hadn't meant to I honestly just plain forgot >< I didn't want to do the base weathering (literally along the base of the building) yet because the whole building's going on a base eventually and I thought it'd match better if I waited. I did more on the skull/pipe area but it is almost imperceptible in the pictures really sadly :(

Still annoyed the pipe ended up wonky =/ I'll have to come up with something on the base to make that look like it was on purpose lol

Anyway! voted for Arnathos because really like his configuration a lot, looks very useful in terrain. Makes me want to get another kit and do one up like that lol
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)