Dez VS. Guildy - Skull Tower thingy!

In order to keep the main Deathmatch forum from getting too cluttered, Threads pertaining to previous months are moved here.

Who won?

Poll ended at Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:55 pm

Guildenstern
93%
Dez
7%

Total votes: 15

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Dez VS. Guildy - Skull Tower thingy!

Post by Dez » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:55 pm

Guildenstern

Dez

PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Re: Dez VS. Guildy - Skull Tower thingy!

Post by Kovlovsky » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:40 pm

I voted for Guildenstern because the jungle atmosphere of hers was just amazing! I just love the trees, the grass and above all the vines! I almost felt deep in the jungle for a moment! :P Dez's Night Goblins are absolutely amazing, but unfortunately, they aren't part of the terrain.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:37 pm

Yeah, the extra work she put into it is fantastic. It really evokes the idea of it being a ruin.

Iguana1981
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Iguana1981 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:15 pm

difficult to choose! But guildys makes me think of Indiana Jones!
Chaos ~ 679PL/11998 Dark Angels ~ 282PL/5449 Tau ~ 121PL /2152 Eldar ~ 217PL/3828

Chrissmith785 on Instagram

lupusj
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by lupusj » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:44 am

I thought the colours on Guildy's were more compelling. Might be the photos on Dez's though.
Check out my blog - http://lupusj.wordpress.com

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:19 pm

Might be worth mentioning because I got so carried away with the basing so to speak lol it all started as an attempt to hide that horrible gap between the throne and the skulls - thus the tree etc was born and it kind of snowballed from there especially after I saw Luke Towan's I think video on the vines. It's like GW didn't check the fit when they made the sculpt! otherwise it's a really awesome model of course, but (not so) little things like that annoy the stuffings out of me lol

but anyway! If you want a kit, I'd keep an eye on ebay and noble knight games specifically, they seem to get a lot of the older oop stuffs in.

And love Dez' very spooky ambience it has, love the skulls they came out really well. As much as I've been playing Mordheim of late I could almost see this in that for terrain!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)