April Conversion Challenge: Magic

In order to keep the main Deathmatch forum from getting too cluttered, Threads pertaining to previous months are moved here.
Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

April Conversion Challenge: Magic

Post by Dez » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:19 am

Hi All,

Starting out with a monthly conversion challenge, and I'll leave things pretty open. Post your pics of your converted Magic user, please make sure they are made for this project. This can be Chaos Wizards, Space Marine Librarians, Trollblood Warcaster heck it could be Gandalf in the tub. Post 'em up, try and post pics of both before paint and after. We'll have until the end of the month.

I encourage you to post your Work in Progress shots here!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: April Conversion Challenge: Magic

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:48 pm

Um, wow, gandalf in a tub (why am I hearing him yelling, "Frodo! Get out!"? lmao)
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:58 pm

"Nasty Hobbitses and their invisibility rings, get out of my tub. YOU SHALL NOT BATH!"

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:08 pm

Hmm... I may have to dig out the blind Chaos Sorcerer I was going to paint up for my Warriors of Chaos army...

Though, alternatively, do psyker's count as a magic user? If so, I have the perfect model in mind for that.

EDIT: Yay for lack of reading comprehension! Space Marine Librarian is in the main post...
Former MWG Leland, now just regular, old Leland. Now with more grump!

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

Dez

Post by Dez » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:20 pm

Yes, anything Magical or Psychic etc counts. Unicorns, Dragons, Psykers, Vixens, Etc.

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:49 pm

'scuz a newb - how is space marine librarian magic? I thought they were like... I unno fighters that kept track of the rolls?

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:42 pm

Guildenstern wrote:'scuz a newb - how is space marine librarian magic? I thought they were like... I unno fighters that kept track of the rolls?
It takes arcane powers to understand the longevity of the Dewy Decimal System in the 41st millennium!
Former MWG Leland, now just regular, old Leland. Now with more grump!

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

Lionic
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Location: somewher over the prysmatic refection of visible light in dihydrogen monoxide percipitaition

Post by Lionic » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:06 pm

does a broodlord count? they have psychic powers. If i can get away with that im in.
The question is, do oil your war machines... or feed them

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:52 pm

Aegis wrote:
Guildenstern wrote:'scuz a newb - how is space marine librarian magic? I thought they were like... I unno fighters that kept track of the rolls?
It takes arcane powers to understand the longevity of the Dewy Decimal System in the 41st millennium!

lmao good one!

Dez

Post by Dez » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:57 am

Lionic wrote:does a broodlord count? they have psychic powers. If i can get away with that im in.
Yah!!

lupusj
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by lupusj » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:57 am

Dez wrote:Hi All,

Starting out with a monthly conversion challenge, and I'll leave things pretty open. Post your pics of your converted Magic user, please make sure they are made for this project. This can be Chaos Wizards, Space Marine Librarians, Trollblood Warcaster heck it could be Gandalf in the tub. Post 'em up, try and post pics of both before paint and after. We'll have until the end of the month.

I encourage you to post your Work in Progress shots here!
How painted? Basecoating OK?
Check out my blog - http://lupusj.wordpress.com

Dez

Post by Dez » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:01 am

Yes that will be fine. It's a conversion contest, not painting...but having a nice finished product is the goal!