November Big Brawl: In the Shadows

In order to keep the main Deathmatch forum from getting too cluttered, Threads pertaining to previous months are moved here.
Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

November Big Brawl: In the Shadows

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:25 am

So I'm behind schedule again, sorry! Here's this month's Big Brawl theme!
November 2015 Big Brawl
In the Shadows!
This is an open-ended theme you can interpret as you see fit. Use it to practice painting shadowy miniatures, bust out an assassin or secret operative, or do something awesome with a nearly-hidden detail! Use your judgement :D
I'll try to close this on-time this month, I swear! That still leaves you about 20 days.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: November Big Brawl: In the Shadows

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:41 pm

Arrrrrgh you're killing me! I was trying to take a break in November and work on just my screaming bell and then you post all these cool, awesome ideas I want to try out! LOL
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Khankore
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Khankore » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:54 pm

I feel a Dark Elf Assassin - OR - the Infinity Specter fit this title....now to pick one...hmmmmm........

Also, Mike - Thanks for coming up with all these great categories. I love tackling a project I can put a theme behind. Keep up the good work man!
Casey Stratton
http://miniaturemodelrescue.blogspot.com

Models: Too many
Painted: Not enough

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:46 pm

FYI, I'm going to run a 2-month-long challenge for December/January so that the due dates and voting don't all fall into the holiday period.... so we'll plan a larger challenge for that!

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Khankore
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Khankore » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:55 pm

Epic Duck Mike wrote:Thanks :D

FYI, I'm going to run a 2-month-long challenge for December/January so that the due dates and voting don't all fall into the holiday period.... so we'll plan a larger challenge for that!
/Drool!
Casey Stratton

afioretti
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by afioretti » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:57 pm

I'm converting a Dark Eldar mini into a culexus assassin. Should I step in? Shouldn't I?? Questions, questions... Decisions, decisions...
Learn the hard truth. Gods exist and they love us.

http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... p?t=114104

Khankore
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Khankore » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:04 pm

afioretti wrote:I'm converting a Dark Eldar mini into a culexus assassin. Should I step in? Shouldn't I?? Questions, questions... Decisions, decisions...
I vote YES - Jump in
Casey Stratton

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:46 pm

Crap. If only I had a Hassassin Fiday mini...

Khankore
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Khankore » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:54 am

Munin wrote:Crap. If only I had a Hassassin Fiday mini...
Google Search "Local Hobby Shop" :)
Casey Stratton

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:54 pm

My FLGS doesn't carry Infinity. :(

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:58 pm

Munin wrote:My FLGS doesn't carry Infinity. :(
In mine, not even Warmachine is played. It's mostly Magic the Gathering (probably 70% of the attendance at least), then significatively less 40k, a little bit of Fantasy (that was before AoS. Now, I expect that it will almost disappear or people will stick with 8th edition). That's the big problems with new miniature games: the challenge of finding players.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Xaz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Xaz » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:52 pm

Epic Duck Mike wrote:Thanks :D

Sweet!
Orks 5680

Necrons 3170

Space Marines 2100

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:42 am

Kovlovsky wrote:
Munin wrote:My FLGS doesn't carry Infinity. :(
In mine, not even Warmachine is played. It's mostly Magic the Gathering (probably 70% of the attendance at least), then significatively less 40k, a little bit of Fantasy (that was before AoS. Now, I expect that it will almost disappear or people will stick with 8th edition). That's the big problems with new miniature games: the challenge of finding players.
Yeah, if you like a new game, you basically need to collect 2-3 armies yourself just so that you can run intro games with other people. Of course, it's also a great excuse to collect a second army :P

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:04 pm

Haha yeah! But you need the budget which is a different matter. ;) I remember that it was what Ash was recommanding when he was making his own series on MWG.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Munin
Bronze Vault Member

Post by Munin » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:23 pm

Fortunately my friends also enthusiastically jumped on the Infinity bandwagon, so at least I have people to actually play the game with. I'm thinking of trying to get the FLGS to consider carrying it and try putting together an escalation league.

And at this point, it won't be too much longer until I have enough stuff to start participating in ITS events, though most of those will involve road-trips.