October Challenge Thread!

In order to keep the main Deathmatch forum from getting too cluttered, Threads pertaining to previous months are moved here.
Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

October Challenge Thread!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:58 am

Got a grudge to settle with another Hobbyist? Looking for some friendly competition? Want an excuse to finally get that model you've been staring at for months finished?

Declare a Deathmatch Sideshow challenge!

Pick a miniature you'd like to paint or convert, find an opponent with the same miniature, and have yourself a hobby-off!

These Sideshow challenges are fun events to help you push your hobby skills to their limits and beyond, and have some fun with other miniature hobbyists in our community. It's actually quite unlikely that you'll be killed or injured as a result of participating, whereas it's quite possible that you'll improve your painting or sculpting somehow.

Accepted Challenges!
LIONIC VS KHANCORE: WW2 MG TEAM
xaz vs fluffyfen biker challenge
afioretti vs. Dez vs. Thalric - Sicarian Alpha
Stanfar vs Wolsel - One Terminator
Dez Vs. Guildenstern - Wild Boars

Open Challenges this month:
Big Brawl: Paint Anything!

Photo Due Date: October 28th! I'm tightening this month up a bit to get everything back on a normal timeline, I swear!

The Rules of Deathmatch Sideshows

1 - You have until the 14th of the month to form your Challenges; simply post in this thread with the models you're interested in painting or converting. You can call out another hobbyist directly if you'd like - it's all for fun, be as lax or aggressive as you want. While typically challenges should involve the same model, it's perfectly alright to challenge on a category instead (ie "Power Armour" if you have people who want to paint Space Marines, CSM, and Khador Man-o-Wars, or "Giant Creature" if you have people painting Helldrakes and Dragons, etc).

2 - Photos of models completed for Sideshow Challenges must be posted by the predetermined Deadline. This will typically be the 26th of the month at 9AM EST, though it may be extended if the 26th falls on a Weekend or a Holiday. Headline challenge deadlines may be extended under special circumstances if both participants and the responsible moderator agree. Voting threads will then be posted for a 5-7 day voting period.

3 - Conversions are encouraged, especially for The Conversion Brawl - don't be afraid to tweak your miniature and make it your own, even if you're in a Painting challenge!

4 - WIP pictures are not required, but you are more than welcome to post them.

5 - For Painting Challenges, Models should be completely painted, including a finished base (painted or otherwise covered with basing materials). This isn't a requirement of Conversion Challenges, where leaving them unpainted can make your conversion work more apparent.

Picture Submission Rules

1 - On or around the 14th, a Picture Submission Thread will open. Post a maximum of 3 photos of your miniature in this thread, along with the title of your challenge (ie "Mike vs Dez: Chaos Space Marine"). If you absolutely feel that more than 3 photos are necessary, create a collage of your images and submit it as a single picture.

The Perks of Deathmatch

1 - Forum Ribbon - There will be a Forum Ribbon awarded to anyone winning a Main Event. All participants who complete their challenge will receive a silver medal, while winners will receive a gold.

2 - Deathmatch Points - We're not sure what these will do yet - they might award extra ribbons in the future, etc - but you'll earn them, regardless!

3 - Bragging Rights - I don't need to explain this one ;)

Judging

Judging will be done via an open poll on the forums over a 3-4 day period shortly after the 28th.

That's it!

This thread will be locked on (or about) October23rdth! Make your challenges now!
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Xaz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: October Challenge Thread!

Post by Xaz » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:59 am

Here is what I have left:

Ork Mek Gun
Lootas
Ork Bikes
Defcoptas
Ghaz!

Dark Eldar
Lilith
Warriors
Wyches

I could maybe scrounge up a few necrons or tac marines.
Last edited by Xaz on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orks 5680

Necrons 3170

Space Marines 2100

Thalric
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Thalric » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:23 am

Anyone want to do more Termagants? :D

Khankore
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Khankore » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:10 pm

Summer is over and time I broke out my brushes.
Painting Ogres now for Age of Sigmar. Anyone interested?
Casey Stratton
http://miniaturemodelrescue.blogspot.com

Models: Too many
Painted: Not enough

Wolsel
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Wolsel » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:37 pm

Got the space hulk box. Looking to paint from there. Prefer doing one of the terminators. Would do same mini or any from the set.

Stanfar
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Stanfar » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:34 pm

Wolsel wrote:Got the space hulk box. Looking to paint from there. Prefer doing one of the terminators. Would do same mini or any from the set.
Well I can take you on with one chaos terminator if that's fine by you?
Game scores 2016
40k 4/0/8
Fantasy 3/0/1

Let's have a fun games or die in cheese! :D

Lionic
Location: somewher over the prysmatic refection of visible light in dihydrogen monoxide percipitaition

Post by Lionic » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:31 pm

I have some old metal terminators.

Ive gotten a bit tired of termigaunts, but id do some hormagaunts or genestealers.
The question is, do oil your war machines... or feed them

Wolsel
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Wolsel » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:43 am

Stanfar wrote: Well I can take you on with one chaos terminator if that's fine by you?
Works for me if it works for you.

Stanfar
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Stanfar » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:43 am

Great!

Stanfar vs Wolsel - One Terminator
Game scores 2016
40k 4/0/8
Fantasy 3/0/1

Let's have a fun games or die in cheese! :D

mhelm01
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by mhelm01 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:42 pm

I've got a chaplain I need to paint. Anyone interested?

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:13 am

@Dez - I can do one Gremlin (I think!) this month, what ones do you have left? I still have pretty much everything in Bayou Boss box, except I've started on Lenny. And I have piglets now, and still the wild boars.
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:31 am

I have Wild Boars, I think I finished Bayou Boss.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:05 pm

Dez wrote:I have Wild Boars, I think I finished Bayou Boss.
Sweet

Dez Vs. Guildenstern - Wild Boars!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

fluffyfen
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by fluffyfen » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:51 pm

chaos biker? chosen with lightning claws? blood stoker? dark vengeance aspiring champion?
Bromanced to my Brosband - BewareOfTom

Pen gun, mightier than the sword. Sword gun, mightier than the pen gun.

mhelm01
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by mhelm01 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:33 pm

fluffyfen wrote:chaos biker? chosen with lightning claws? blood stoker? dark vengeance aspiring champion?
I've got a chaplain that will be black and gold with skulls. Almost chaos.