Feburary 2015: Declare your Sideshow Challenges!

In order to keep the main Deathmatch forum from getting too cluttered, Threads pertaining to previous months are moved here.
Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Feburary 2015: Declare your Sideshow Challenges!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:16 am

Painting Deathmatch: The Sideshow

Challenge another Miniature Painter to Death or Glory in the Painting Deathmatch! Pick a miniature you'd like to paint, find an opponent with the same miniature, and have yourself a paint-off!

These Sideshow challenges are fun events to help you push your painting skills to their limits and beyond, and have some fun with other miniature painters in our community. It's actually quite unlikely that you'll be killed or injured as a result of participating, whereas it's quite possible that you'll improve your painting somehow.

The Rules of Deathmatch Sideshows

1 - You have until the 14th of the month to form your Challenges; simply post in this thread with the models you're interested in painting. You can call out another painter directly if you'd like - it's all for fun, be as lax or aggressive as you want. While typically challenges should involve the same model, it's perfectly alright to challenge on a category instead (ie "Power Armour" if you have people who want to paint Space Marines, CSM, and Khador Man-o-Wars, or "Giant Creature" if you have people painting Helldrakes and Dragons, etc).

2 - Photos of models painted for Sideshow Challenges must be posted by the predetermined Deadline. This will typically be the 26th of the month at 9AM EST, though it may be extended if the 26th falls on a Weekend or a Holiday. Headline challenge deadlines may be extended under special circumstances if both participants and the responsible moderator agree. Voting threads will then be posted for a 5-7 day voting period.

3 - Conversion is allowed, but should not be the focus of your miniature. This is a painting competition after all - check out Mini of the Month of your interests are more conversion-leaning!

4 - WIP pictures are not required, but you are more than welcome to post them.

5 - Models should be completely painted, including a finished base (painted or otherwise covered with basing materials).

Picture Submission Rules

1 - On or around the 14th, a Picture Submission Thread will open. Post a maximum of 3 photos of your miniature in this thread, along with the title of your challenge (ie "Mike vs Dez: Chaos Space Marine"). If you absolutely feel that more than 3 photos are necessary, create a collage of your images and submit it as a single picture.

The Perks of Deathmatch

1 - Forum Ribbon - There will be a Forum Ribbon awarded to anyone winning a Main Event. Participaters of the DM will receive a silver ribbon, so do the headliner participaters.

2 - Bragging Rights - I don't need to explain this one ;)

Judging

Judging will be done via an open poll on the forums over a 3 day period, typically from the 26th to the 29th of each month.

That's it!

Last edit: Feb 2 2015
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Feburary 2015: Declare your Sideshow Challenges!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:32 am

NOTE: The Big Brawl category this month is ANY WarmaHordes Caster! If you're interested in participating in the Big Brawl, sign up here: Feb 2015 Big Brawl Sign-up

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:05 am

I am painting up some Renegade Guardsman, which could fall under the Astra Militarum. I'd be happy to do 1 Guardsman type of challenge...or even a weapons team. If you have other single model suggestions, let me know.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

sonofkitrinos
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by sonofkitrinos » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:47 am

I am up for a Dark Eldar Archon
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrHghowell?feature=mhee
Commissions : http://www.hghowel8.wix.com/amethysthobbies
Interested in commission work? Fire me a pm!

Stanfar
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Stanfar » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:10 pm

I'm up for some ogres!
Game scores 2016
40k 4/0/8
Fantasy 3/0/1

Let's have a fun games or die in cheese! :D

Muttonstashe
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Muttonstashe » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:50 pm

I've got plenty of terminators, and dwarf core choices.
Dwarfs: 2000 Points, 1/2 painted
Dark Angels: 1650 Points, Primed
Cygnar: 15 Points, Everything painted except caster

TigerDave
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by TigerDave » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:44 am

Go big or go home!

New Harlequin Troupe, including Troupe Master!
I dare ya. I triple-dog dare ya!!

(Tiger created a slight breach of etiquette by skipping the triple dare and going right for the throat!)

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:08 pm

Also, note that because February is a short month, the Submission Thread will be going up early, and we may carry voting over into March if necessary. You'll still have until the 26th to complete your challenges if needed.

Muttonstashe
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Muttonstashe » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:19 pm

I've also got a high elf Mage and prince that I need to get done

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:10 am

I've got 10 Ratlings and 2 deathstrikes this month, not the most common models, any takers?
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:48 am

Dammit people, start making and accepting challenges, or I'm just going to start locking you in cage matches with 2nd Edition lead minis, and 2nd Edition paint ;)

Nexus_Crawler
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:19 am

I can do my challenge from last month...

Space marine character anyone?
--Necrons, Dark Angels--
--Connoisseur of fine Cheese--

TigerDave
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by TigerDave » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:03 pm

Muttonstache vs. Tiger Dave
High Elf Mage
I will be withdrawing the Harlequin Troop, this is going to give me enough to work with this month.

Muttonstashe
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Muttonstashe » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:12 pm

TigerDave wrote:
Muttonstache vs. Tiger Dave
High Elf Mage
I will be withdrawing the Harlequin Troop, this is going to give me enough to work with this month.
Sounds good!

Nexus_Crawler
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:45 pm

huh. no takers then. Oh well!
--Necrons, Dark Angels--
--Connoisseur of fine Cheese--