Had my first few games today

Discuss Battlefronts World War 2 game here.
faijj
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Had my first few games today

Post by faijj » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:38 pm

So I played a couple of games with my brother today, with the forces from the new Open Fire! set.

I must admit, Flames of war is a really fun game. It was nice that it is quicker to play than 40k, even if you have to look up rules from time to time.

Manouvering seems to be a big part of this game. When having a shoot out, my shermans vs stugs and pak40s, I lost, pretty quick. However when using a sherman platoon to flank the stugs, my paras to assault the pak40s and the rest of the shermans as fire support, I won pretty easy. The German infantery were a bit to slow to respond to my swift attack and could be crushed later.

I'll probably get another starter box to aquire a few more sherman platoons.

Makarov
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: Had my first few games today

Post by Makarov » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:42 pm

Sweet! May I ask what armies/lists you are thinking of building? Also you could buy some Plastic Soldier Company models too.
Grim darkness of the 41st Millennium? Good thing I brought a flashlight.
40K: Imperial Guard: 1,500
Flames of War (Late War):German: 2,500 points, Polish Insurgents: 1250 points

faijj
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by faijj » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:31 am

Makarov wrote:Sweet! May I ask what armies/lists you are thinking of building? Also you could buy some Plastic Soldier Company models too.
My brother decided he was going to play a Tankovy-list so I took the Germans. I'm going to use a grenadier list from Grey Wolf. Command with panzerschrek, 2 platoons of grenadiers, 2 Pak-40, 3 StuG, 4 Tigers 1s and later two Flak88.

Next I will probably build a Schwere panzerkompanie with Tiger 1's, just because they look so awesome. Or maybe a panzerkompanie, or a panzrgrenadierkompanie. Who knows?

Already got myself some Plastic Soldier Company models, just waiting for them to arrive.

Makarov
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Makarov » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:49 am

faijj wrote:
Makarov wrote:Sweet! May I ask what armies/lists you are thinking of building? Also you could buy some Plastic Soldier Company models too.
My brother decided he was going to play a Tankovy-list so I took the Germans. I'm going to use a grenadier list from Grey Wolf. Command with panzerschrek, 2 platoons of grenadiers, 2 Pak-40, 3 StuG, 4 Tigers 1s and later two Flak88.

Next I will probably build a Schwere panzerkompanie with Tiger 1's, just because they look so awesome. Or maybe a panzerkompanie, or a panzrgrenadierkompanie. Who knows?

Already got myself some Plastic Soldier Company models, just waiting for them to arrive.
It recommend checking out the lists out first at easyarmy.com. Just as a heads up Tigers are a great all around tank (Armor Value, Gun Strength, etc.) , but keep in my that they are very point heavy.
Grim darkness of the 41st Millennium? Good thing I brought a flashlight.
40K: Imperial Guard: 1,500
Flames of War (Late War):German: 2,500 points, Polish Insurgents: 1250 points