British artillery

Discuss Battlefronts World War 2 game here.
Pheonix
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

British artillery

Post by Pheonix » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:03 am

hi guys, I recently started a British rifle company using turning tide as my source book, I really want to use a corps medium battery, royal artillery (5.5") however to field them you need to field an equal number of a selection of different guns, however in my support choices I can only have a self propelled assault field battery, the rest are simply not part of my company choice or they use the same slot as the corps medium battery. what can i do :( I really don't want to buy the M7 priests as they don't come in a box set and cost more points than the 5.5"! I originally wanted 5.5" and 25 pounders but then i found they are in the same slot as the 5.5", how come air landing companies can have both in separate slots but not a rifle company?!?

Thanks,
p.s. sorry if I'm confusing.

Makarov
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: British artillery

Post by Makarov » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:39 pm

I'd recommend you check out dakka dakka flames of war section. You'd be more likely to get help there.

Also can you please specify which rifle company. Because I'm not sure which company you are talking about. It could be the 3rd, 50th, or the C3rd.
Grim darkness of the 41st Millennium? Good thing I brought a flashlight.
40K: Imperial Guard: 1,500
Flames of War (Late War):German: 2,500 points, Polish Insurgents: 1250 points

Makarov
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: British artillery

Post by Makarov » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:44 pm

Oh, now I see your issue. The answer why is they did it way is very simple. To keep it balanced. I admit that I have very little experience when it comes to British paras, and they are coming out with 3rd edition next month too. So what I say might not be 100% accurate. But I'd recommend that you take naval gunfire support option. Also check out this site, http://easyarmy.com, it acts as an army building site.
Grim darkness of the 41st Millennium? Good thing I brought a flashlight.
40K: Imperial Guard: 1,500
Flames of War (Late War):German: 2,500 points, Polish Insurgents: 1250 points